“best restaurant in Pittsburgh” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Charleston, West Virginia
“best restaurant in Pittsburgh”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

Dined at the communal tables with the family. Great atmosphere. The menu was varied and we tasted nearly everything on the board. Not a single bad plate. The upstairs looked veryintimate, but I recommend seating in the main room instead. The kitchen is literally a few feet away from every seat, so the views of the behind scenes action can be had by all. Trendy but quaint, overt yet sublime. Nothing left to be said of an already established sleeping giant in 'burgh.

• Visited September 2011

“Interesting and delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

Came here during a visit to pittsburgh. Heard really great things. The menu consists of really interesting combinations that are fantastic. This is not a place to go if your timid to try new thingd; however, if you are willing to try different food, it is quite the treat. I had the squab for an entree and it was fantastic. The popcorn grits were savory. We had the octopus risotto for an appetizer that was also great. Tried some of a friends tuna..also awesome.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“The best meal I have ever had in Pittsburgh”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

This place is my dream restaurant come true. And not because Maggie Gyllenhal was sitting at the bar with her family! The food is absolutely a work of art! The flavors and ingredients on the blackboard menu can't even be imagined until you taste them...Scallops were tantilizing, salmon was delicious, and Pittsburgh Pretzel salad was the best dessert I have ever had. I don't even care that my meal alone was $75 with tip. It was worth every penny and that is my favorite restaurant to date. Decor is cool and trendy but the community tables and open space as well as the food bar with Chef access make it inviting and comfortable. You will of course see hipsters or trendy people there because they appreciate great food but don't be intimidated. This place is gorgeous and the food is divine. Service was fantastic too!

• Visited August 2011
Greensburg, PA
“One of the best meals ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

My husband and I certainly agreed this was our best meal at least in PA. We're already planning our next visit. The service was wonderful and two of the three dishes I had were the best ever - best trout and best dessert. My husband's scallops got that rating as well. And the other dishes were certainly up there too. How lucky are we to have this place in Pittsburgh? Next time I want to sit at the bar so I can see the chefs in action. If you're reading this - call and make your reservation now. You won't be sorry. (unless you're one of those folks who doesn't like snails or other more interesting ingredients - although they were kind enough to hold the sweetbreads for me!)

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Francisco
“inventive food with down-to-earth atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

First, the ambiance: I don't normally like long-table communal dining but for some reason, it worked in this restaurant. Maybe it was because everyone seemed to be having a really good time. I loved the fact that one entire wall was a chalkboard with the daily menu. Second, the food: Reading the inventive ingredients listed under each dish, I actually started getting excited about being served my meal. It was a strange but wonderful feeling. Aha, this is what New American food is all about. I get it now! Anyway, I ordered all vegetarian dishes and the food was fantastic. I highly recommend this restaurant, I think it's spot on.

• Visited September 2011