“Limited menu, high prices, marginal service---” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Nola on the Square is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #146 of 1,721 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Entertaining clients, Bar scene, Doing business
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Graeme Street
Description: A jammin" New Orleans Jazz Brasserie with Nouveau Creole cuisine. Wood fired specialties, frozen hurricanes, large selection of draft beer including Abita and live music twice a week.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Limited menu, high prices, marginal service---”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

---nothing that would bring me back. We stopped in after a play & were glad to be seated without reservations. We were at that dead time of really late for lunch, but not quite dinnertime, so we were given the lunch menu, but not offered any specials. Our waiter kept disappearing; when we did see him, trying to get his attention was next to impossible. Finally got our drinks, but no cream for my coffee--gave up after asking twice. The menu was standard New Orleans fare (red beans & rice, po boys, various dishes featuring pulled pork & muffalettas), all decently prepared. However, for Pittsburgh, the prices were high (nearly $100) for 5 of us without any alcohol or desserts) & we were never offered drink refills. Our waiter vanished & another waiter closed out the bill. While it wasn't awful, there was nothing to make me go there again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Clarksburg, West Virginia
“Didn't love it!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

The food was okay...not my favorite place in Pittsburgh. Nice location, but just didn't think the food was great. The service was very good.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Altoona, Pennsylvania
“No complaints...Great Oyster Stew.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I was in town on business, & my friend & I wanted some decent seafood... & we both liked it spicey..
So we settled on NOLA in Market Sq, dowtown pgh. Overall we were very pleased. We both ordered the seafood Jambalaya... which had plentiful shrimp, scallops, on a Cajun bed of rice.
The Wait Staff were attentive and the price was OK, not cheap & not too expensive.
The ambience is obviously New Orleans... & there is decent live music there often without a cover charge.
The Oyster stew was my starter, & if you like such things, it was very tasty...

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Birthday, Welcome home dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

They have atmosphere, excellent service and very tasty food!
We never felt rushed. It was a great place to go to celebrate my husbands return from Kuwait as well as my birthday. We have our daughter to thank for bringing us to this wonderful restaurant!

Visited March 2013
Washington, Pennsylvania
“Very good food, with a southern flavor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

The food is very good. I had the sea bass special at $27 which was well prepared over a vegetable I cannot identify, but wish I could, so that I could order it again. Very tasty.
Marilyn had a skirt steak which she like and would also order again.
This has a very busy and loud bar up front, with the dining room in the rear. We have eaten here several time and not been disappointed.
Of course reservations are a must for this very popular place on Market Square in Downtown Pittsburgh.
I have eaten well in New Orleans many times. This is not as good as New Orleans, but certainly very good for Pittsburgh

• 4 of 5 stars Food