“Quiet, very clean and professional” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Pittsburgh Monroeville/Wilkins Township

Save Saved
You added Residence Inn Pittsburgh Monroeville/Wilkins Township to your Saves list
Residence Inn Pittsburgh Monroeville/Wilkins Township
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3455 William Penn Highway, Pittsburgh, PA 15235   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #4 of 55 hotels in Pittsburgh
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Quiet, very clean and professional”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Spent one night in October while touring museums of Pittsburgh. The place was fully booked due to a local highschool reunion taking place; The elderly persons were very quiet (and very civil, as with most Pittsburghers we met).

Location only 25 minutes from city centre. The hotel is next to a highway, but very quiet (at least on our side, facing the parking lot). Thus, if you are seeking somewhere quiet and less hectic but within car-touring distance to major attractions, this place is ideal.

Rooms very clean and well maintained, (though the decor is rather awful)! Front desk quite polite -- much more so than at Pittsburgh "North Side" Residence Inn (which is also much louder and not as well maintained). Continental breakfast is tasteless, but it's the standard fare served everywhere else -- so nothing to blame.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

125 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Willmar, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Spent two nights here while doing business in Pittsburgh. Beautiful hotel, updated, clean, great beds...EXCELLENT staff. Will definitely return here when I am in Pittsburgh. (The only suggestion I have and it is minor-clean footprints and fingerprints off of white doors.) HIGHLY recommend!

Room Tip: Try the breakfast and the evening "meals," a pleasant surprise!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Waxhaw, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Our family of 5 stayed in a 2 bedroom suite for 6 nights while my husband was working nearby. The location was great for him, but also for the kids and I as we ventured into downtown Pittsburgh for museums. The rooms were not spacious, but did have tons of storage space for all of our stuff. The staff was very friendly (a special shout out to Ms. Linda who was wonderful with our kiddos - even up for a race with the boys down the corridor. :-) Breakfast was awesome with plenty of appealing and healthy options (fresh fruit!). They offer complimentary dinners M-W that were a huge lifesaver for a family with little ones. The pool was nice, although it could've been a tad warmer. Overall everything was extremely clean, convenient and comfortable. Would definitely stay again and highly recommend.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights (tues - fri). The staff was friendly, and what really impressed me was on the 2nd night of coming back in from work, the lady (I dont remember her name, but she has short brown hair) at the front desk greeted me - by my name (I was really impressed by that!).

My room was a good size, and was nicely decorated. I really liked swivel base on the TV - you can rotate it to watch TV in bed, or in the kitchen.

The bathroom exhaust fan is on constantly, I had to shut the door to the toilet/shower when I slept to keep the noise down.

Easy to access off William Penn - there is a traffic light right at the gas station. I was not able to use the basketball court due to rain.

I would definitely come back for a repeat stay.

Room Tip: Shut the door to the bathroom before you go to bed - the exhaust fan is always on and can create a b...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

This hotel exceeded my expectations! It is conveniently located just 10 minutes from downtown Pittsburgh and right by a nice mall. I found a very reasonable rate for a two bedroom suite which was adequate in size for two couples and a child. The beds were very comfortable. Two bathrooms for each bedroom was another huge plus! The included breakfast was tasty and had a lot of different options. The hotel has a small but nice pool and an outdoor seating area and also a basketball court! The fitness room was bigger than I expected also. We only had one issue with a problem with our reservation but it was handled quickly with great customer service. The front desk was always friendly and willing to answer any questions we had about the area and gave us great recommendations. I will definitely be back!

Room Tip: The two bedroom two bathroom suite was a wonderful option!
Mount Wolf, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Hotel Pros:

Full kitchen (no oven)
Huge rotating flat screen tv (rotated to either bedroom or living room)
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor fire pit with grill (available to all guests to use)
Free hot breakfast (great variety that changed every day, including a Belgium waffle station)
Very friendly staff
A mini-market (for snacks in the evening)
Laundry services (either do your own laundry, or dry cleaning)
Great location (several restaurants nearby, Sheetz in front of hotel, and located next to major highways)
Small nooks in breakfast area (there were 3 small nooks in the breakfast area that had their own flat screen tv...this was great for our son...he could eat breakfast and watch cartoons!)

Hotel Cons turned Positives:

Our room had some cleanliness issues. I won't go into all of the issues, but there were enough of them, that they prompted us to speak to the hotel manager. This was the first time in my entire life I have had to complain to a manager while staying at a hotel. We asked the manager to meet us in our room so we could complain in private (I wasn't one for making a commotion at the front desk). He very nicely complied. After discussing our issues, he assured us they would all be fixed (which they were) and he even compensated us for the problems which we were very grateful for.

I would definitely return to this hotel in the future. The hotel is beautifully designed and the staff is very friendly and the managers take your concerns seriously. An A+++ in my book.

Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We checked in late at night to this beautiful hotel. What an incredible property. I wish we could have stayed longer as the room was supplied with just about anything you would need. Mini-kitchen, eating table, living room area and a TV that swirled from the bed and then to the living room. It was an incredible use of space without feeling cramped. I would definately recommend this to anyone who needs to stay for a week long conference as you can cook/eat in the room to save money. It was reasonably priced and breakfast was included. They had HEALTHY things too which is not common in a free breakfast. This would make me try Residence Inns in other loacations.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Pittsburgh Monroeville/Wilkins Township? Share your experiences!