“roomy suites” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 54 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“roomy suites”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

As soon as we walked in to check in, we were greeted by smiling and pleasant employees. The hotel is very nice looking and we loved the spacious rooms with the sitting area, and fridge and microwave. We really enjoyed the pool and hot tub area, as this was a major reason why we booked this particular hotel. Most downtown hotels that had a pool did not also have a hot tub. We were able to easily walk downtown and back, although the hotel is on an upward slope, but it is still fairly easy to walk to from downtown. The free shuttle took us to station square, and the driver was very friendly and informative. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Silver Creek, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

This hotel is the best location if you attend a concert at the Consol. It is so close - it doesn't matter what the weather. Staff is very friendly. Walking distance to downtown restaurants. Clean, spacious.

Sudbury, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

If you're attending an event at the Consol Energy Center, this hotel is the perfect location as the venue is right next door. The parking behind the hotel is also convenient. We had a great room with a microwave and fridge, a Keurig coffee maker, a comfortable bed, and a large walk-in shower. The front desk staff were very helpful. There is a complimentary shuttle service that will take you within a 3-mile radius of the hotel. Great service but just a heads up - you can't book ahead so when you call to get picked up, you may have a bit of a wait. Special shout out to Lauren for a great job as our shuttle driver. There's no complimentary breakfast provided, but the hotel has a bar and restaurant available in the lobby area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

The hotel was chosen due to its proximity to the Consol Center and that it had good reviews on Tripadvisor. Overall, the room and our stay was comfortable; we especially liked the walk-in shower, the comfortable bed, the thermostat-controlled heating/cooling, the exercise facility, and the friendly check-in. The only disappointment was the coffee bar - I ordered a frappacino and the server had no clue how to make it - it was too thin with uncrushed ice chips - at that point, I said I wanted to pass on the drink but he insisted on trying to make it better but the only improvement he made was to add the flavoring that I had originally ordered - he just didn't know how to make a blended drink.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Scott_Cavalcante, General Manager at Cambria Suites at Consol Energy Center, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear CoalOhio,

Good day to you. Thank you very much for staying with us as our guest. It was a pleasure having you and we rejoice in knowing that your overall experience was positive. I apologize however for the quality of your Barista beverage and understand the disappointment. I have forwarded your concern on to our Food and Beverage Manager to address with our team members. We hope to have you with us again in the future.

toronto
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

I stayed for one night this week.

THE GOOD: the location served me well as I needed to be at the arena next door. The hotel itself is new, modern, the public rooms and hallways were nice and bright, the staff was pleasant and checked me in early. My single king bed suite, was nicely decorated, everything was in good shape (no worn carpeting or chipped furniture), air conditioning worked well, bed was comfy, they had extra sheets in the closet.

THE BAD:, I clean the bathrooms in my hotel rooms myself (yes, I'm that anal). In this room, there were pieces of you-know-what that I wiped from under the toilet rim. It had obviously not been properly cleaned. I hardly ever see this. The bathroom floor had way too many hairs on it. A good amount of dust was on the glass shelves and on the toilet roll holder. Lots of "crud" build-up in the corners. In short, when you can see the dirt, they need to do better. There were hairs on the bedsheets as well. The computers in the business centre were out of order.

I did not use the restaurant or any of the other facilities so I can't comment on those.

I don't think I would stay here again. The whole bathroom thing killed it,even though I remedied this by doing my own cleaning. Maybe try the Marriott (which is on the other side of the arena) if you need this location.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear Lolabarney,

Hello and thank you very much for taking the time to let us know of your stay experience while being our recent guest. I'd like to extend to you my sincerest apologies for what we agree was an unacceptable level of cleanliness in your suite, specifically your bathroom. It's quite clear that we need to do better in that regard and to that end, we are working internally to make the expected corrections. Please feel invited to contact me directly to further discuss your experience should you wish. It is my hope that I hear from you and possibly have the opportunity to have you return as our guest at some point in the future.

(412) 381-4995
Morgantown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

So we are staying in a suite because last time , 6 months ago, we were in this hotel no one cleaned our room. So they gave us a free upgrade. So we come back from the game tonight and guess what....no one cleaned it again. We spoke to the front desk ...apparently no one on the entire floor got their room cleaned. It's a shame because it's a pretty hotel with comfy beds. We travel a lot and this has never happened before.

Dear Donna G,

Hello and thank you so much for letting us know of your concerns regarding your recent stay. I must say that I am extremely surprised at such a concerning coincidence. I vehemently apologize to you for the service failure you encountered regarding the housekeeping services. Please feel invited to contact me directly to further discuss your experience should you wish as I wish to ensure that I make every effort to retain you as a valued guest. Thank you again and I look forward to hearing from you.

(412) 381-4995
Madison,WI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

First the good. The room was very nice. 2 flat screen TV's that of course we never used. Internet was good not great but adequate for email and light browsing didn't even attempt video streaming. It was quiet in the room. Beds were perfect. Bathroom and shower just worked and were nicely appointed.

Staff were just barely helpful but not unpleasant just didn't project competence either.

The "free shuttle" was a really nice perk when it wasn't down for maintenance and when the driver was being "random" drug tested! We missed our first really important appointment for a college tour due to the lack of shuttle and front desk staff seemed clueless to keep us updated nor able to problem solve the situation. They even went so far as to say that we couldn't walk to the destination even though of course we walked back to the Hotel without any difficulty!

A bonus was the next door location to the Pittsburgh Penguins Hockey Arena and the first game of the playoffs. That was such fun to watch the local fanatics! The hot tub was fun too just don't expect to swim in the microscopic cool water pool adjacent. The gym had 4 pieces of exercise equipment but never saw anyone using it.

Again I was really pisses at the beginning of the stay when we missed our appointment but all in all it was just fine.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear warren14,

Hello and thank you very much for letting us know of both your adulations and your concerns regarding your recent experience as our guest. I apologize to you for what was an unexpected lack of availability at the specific time you were relying on our shuttle service as a maintenance and safety concern with the vehicle was detected by our staff. We wish your son or daughter the best in selecting a college and hope to have the opportunity of serving you again in the future.

Scott Cavalcante

Been to Cambria Suites at Consol Energy Center? Share your experiences!