“Excellent Location, Superior Service, Fabulous Room!” 5 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #14 of 56 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Baddeck, Canada
“Excellent Location, Superior Service, Fabulous Room!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

I stayed here from March 24th-March 28th and I had a great time. This hotel is located directly beside Consol Energy Center so its perfect for anyone attending an event at the arena. The rooms are very nice and spacious and includes 2 tvs with lots of channels, a kerig machine, a very nice washroom and very comfortable beds. I had a great experience from the minute I walked into the hotel the front desk worked was very pleasant and every time we walked into the hotel he would say gentlemen he made you feel very welcome. I liked that on Penguin game days all the hotel staff would wear something penguins it being a jersey or shirt with a Penguins player. I ate breakfast in to lobby 2 times during the 4 days i stayed here it was good offering traditional breakfast with egg, bacon or sausage (a sausage patty not what I was used to in real breakfast sausages), your choice of white or whole wheat toast and and homefries with peppers in them. The location is very well located within walking distance to downtown. I had a great first time overall experience at the Cambria Suites and in Pittsburgh as a whole! This hotel highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Scott_Cavalcante, General Manager at Cambria Suites at Consol Energy Center, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear TheStagna,

Hello and thank you so much for letting us know of your excellent experience while our guest this past March. It was a pleasure having you with us and I will certainly pass your sentiments on to our staff who worked hard to extend great service and clearly hit the mark for you. Our Penguins game day jerseys are a source of tremendous pride for the team and I appreciate you making mention of it. We look forward to having you return to us in the future and trust you had a safe trip back North of the Border.

Scott Cavalcante

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Rochester, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

We stayed at Cambria for a Pittsburgh area youth hockey tournament. It was easily the LEAST welcoming hotel we have ever stayed at. They did not offer us areas to congregate without buying $400 in hotel food. They were not close to any venue and staff was not cooperative and were not cooperative in making us feel welcomed. For large groups and youth teams--find another hotel to stay in.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Scott_Cavalcante, General Manager at Cambria Suites at Consol Energy Center, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear Michelle C,

Hello and thank you for reviewing your stay experience and letting us know of your concerns. I apologize that our hotel was not as accommodating as you had expected. While congregations are permissible in private quarters such as guest suites (provided local ordinances are obeyed such as fire code), unfortunately, our meeting room space does have rental fees attached to their use similar to any hotel. I believe our Sales Office discussed these options with your group to which the group opted not to rent space for your intended purposes. We very much hope to have your team with us again in the future as we typically receive numerous pieces of positive feedback from groups similar to yours.

Elysburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

stayed there for my daughter's wedding. Such a first rate business. they were so accommodating to all of our guests. she got married in the conference room and they were kind enough to decorate it free of charge.
their shuttle service was wonderful and such fun drivers. They stayed open an hr longer, just to shuttle the guests back from the wedding.
complimentary coffee in the Breakfast area every morning. It was delicious.
Their breakfast was reasonable and very delicious.
They only charged us for parking 8.00 a night since there was an event going on at Consol Energy center and they park cars for the event.
I can't say enough about the staff. They went out of their way to accommodate the wedding party and our guests. I would definitely stay there again.. This hotel is a class act. Not the newest, but the best.

Room Tip: rooms had free coffee a microwave, fridge and complimentary toiletries.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Scott_Cavalcante, General Manager at Cambria Suites at Consol Energy Center, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear Janet M,

Hello and thank you so much for reviewing your recent experience with us while our guest. It was a pleasure having you and family with us for your daughter's wedding and congratulations as well. As you undoubtedly know, weddings can be tricky events with all the intricacies and planning that the families must work through and I rejoice in reading from you that your event went as planned and was a pleasant experience for you from start to finish. We very much hope to have you with us again in the future, no matter the occasion.

Pittston, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

My family and I have stayed at the Cambria Suites for a number of visits including hockey games - which it is very convenient! Parking is adequate and secure - surface parking deck. My family enjoys the pool (which is an indoor pool). The workout space is also convenient with a number of machines. The rooms are very nice and comfortable. Best of all for me is the service - the staff does a wonderful job of making sure that you are comfortable and that you have everything you need! I found the lobby to be very welcoming - a nice place to relax. My family was very satisfied with the restaurant -the staff was very accommodating and they made sure our food was served just as we wanted it. I would recommend staying at this Cambria Suites hotel - especially if you want to take in a Pens game!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Frank K,

Hello Sir and thank you very much for being our recent guest. We genuinely appreciate your feedback and rejoice in hearing that your experience while here was impressive. Such is a welcoming reward for our staff who work hard for just that very purpose. It was our pleasure serving you and we hope to have the privilege of doing so again in the near future.

Trenton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

First time in Pittsburgh and wanted to stay close to Consol Energy Centre. Cambria Suites is a great place to stay for Penguins game, very close to Verizon gate. When we arrived after a long drive, Erica at the front desk was very nice and welcoming and helpful with everything :) Check in was fast and parking was amazing at the back entrance of the hotel. When we got to the room, it was not what I had reserved....it was better....come to find out we had a free upgrade due to over booking of the Double Queen Suites. This was a surprise and made our stay extra special.

The fitness and pool area were also very nice. Pool was clean and warm. Lobby bar was nice too, had a beer before the game and the staff were pleasant. Didn't have breakfast at the hotel, but took the free shuttle to the strip to a greAt diner recommended by the driver. The shuttle driver was awesome and extremely informative about everything....a pleasant ride downtown. Also had some assistance with taxis and dinner suggestions from front desk staff which were also great.
Pittsburgh is a beautiful city and the Cambria Suites far exceeded our expectations. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Sulu68,

Good day to you and thank you so much for letting others know of the excellent experience you had while our recent guest. It is great to read that your time with us positively memorable and I will be sure to pass your sentiments on to our staff. We hope to have you with us again in the near future for another Penguins game and trust that your travels home north of the border was pleasant.

Hurricane, West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

This is a nice hotel. Convenient if you are going to a penguins game --which we did. It's a noisy hotel. This really doesn't bother me , I think for a family with little ones it would be an issue. Breakfast was really bad. They charge $10 for what most hotels throw in complementary. Dirty dishes. Terrible selection. Stale bread. Very poor overall. They should be better than that for what they charge. Probably won't be back.

Stayed March 2014
Dear Joseph42,

Hello and thank very much for letting us know of your experience as our recent guest. It was a pleasure having you with us. Based on your valuable input, it is clear that we have some work to do on our breakfast offerings and we will undertake making improvements immediately. I apologize for the presence of such which was not on par with the rest of your stay with us. We do hope very much that you'll consider staying with us again in the future.

(412) 894-4995
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

We stayed at the Cambria Suites when our son had a weekend Hockey Tournament at the Consol. It was perfect for our stay. We had to go back & forth to the Consol & it was just steps away & perfect for us. We had the King room with the pull-out sofa bed for the kids. It is a very nice room with a beautiful bathroom. The lobby is very nice with a restaurant /bar in it for the adults to sit and chat . The kids loved the swimming pool. We got a package with free parking & breakfast - thank goodness that we didn't pay for the breakfast as that is my only complaint - sign said Breakfast Buffet was $10.00 . I would have been very upset if I paid $10.00 for that breakfast. Quality was just ok nothing special & was either empty pans or looked like it was not very fresh. Lobby staff was great! Breakfast was my only complaint!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Scott_Cavalcante, General Manager at Cambria Suites at Consol Energy Center, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear Rebecca7676,

Hello and thank you so much for letting other Trip Advisors know of your experience as our recent guest. It is great to read of your thoughts and I truly appreciate feedback from any/all of our guests. I'm glad you were able to enjoy our breakfast and parking package though I will forward your observations on to our Executive Chef, thank you for mentioning. We hope to have the pleasure of your company again in the near future.

Scott Cavalcante

Been to Cambria Suites at Consol Energy Center? Share your experiences!