“Excellent shuttle service” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 54 hotels in Pittsburgh
Cranston, RI
“Excellent shuttle service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Spent Labor Day evening here traveling from Chicago to Rhode Island after dropping our daughter off at college. First of all, our GPS didn't have the street programmed in and took us to Center St. rather than Centre Ave. I re-entered the address thinking that I had made the mistake but it was the fault of the program. As a result we ended up in a residential neighborhood and had to find the hotel using maps just like in the old days. Arrived late and tired and the gentleman at the reception desk seemed uninterested in our troubles. He was certainly polite, but made no effort to make us feel especially welcomed. The room was nice enough and the bed was comfortable although the AAA cost was high considering that there appeared to be no more than 10 guests in the entire hotel and breakfast is not included. The additional charge for parking added to the expense and again there were only 5 or 6 cars in the lot. I am sure that this would be a pleasant place to stay if there was an event at the nearby arena and the hotel was jumping but this wasn't our experience. On a positive note, the free shuttle bus was great. Our driver was very friendly and dropped us off at the Church Brew Works for dinner making it just before the kitchen closed. The meal was great (see review) and he picked us up as planned. This was the highlight of our stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Jim S, Manager at Cambria Suites at Consol Energy Center, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you for your review and we appreciate your feedback. I’m sorry to hear that you had trouble finding us with your GPS. I agree, they can be tricky sometimes and tend to have minds of their own! It’s good to hear you enjoyed our shuttle service; however, I do apologize that the gentleman at the front desk came across as uninterested and I’m sure that was not his intention.

Please let me know if there is anything I can help you with in the future and hopefully we will see you again on your next trip through Pittsburgh!

Jim Settelmaier
Assistant General Manager

299 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
West Milford, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Cambria Suites is beautiful! The room was exactly as pictured: a spacious suite with great views of the city. The staff, especially Kelby, was courteous, helpful, and went out of their way to be nice! The location is so central! Loved the whole experience!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Jim S, Manager at Cambria Suites at Consol Energy Center, responded to this review, September 1, 2012
Thanks for the review and I'm glad you enjoyed our rooms! I'll be sure to pass on your kind words to Kelby. I'm sure he'll greatly appreciate.

Thanks again and we'll see you next trip!
GEORGETOWN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for one night...wished we could have stayed longer. Check in was very fast. The rooms are beautiful and very big. The view of the city was the BEST! The location was great,we walked around downtown and really enjoyed it. The only thing we didn't care for was the breakfast.The price was on the high side for what you received. My husband got eggs and toast and received the end piece of bread,which was very hard! I have never seen a resturant serve toast like that. Also it was Sunday morning and only one person was working! We would stay here again, but go someplace else for breakfast.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Jim S, Manager at Cambria Suites at Consol Energy Center, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
I’m glad you enjoyed the view! Let me know next time you plan to visit and hopefully I can get you an even better one. Also, I want to apologize that you felt our breakfast was underwhelming. However, we recently just rolled out a new menu last week that will also offer a buffet at a reasonable price on select days.

Thanks again for the review and we hope to see you soon!
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I visited in early August on business, and wished I could stay more than the one night I had planned. The rooms are very comfortable and modern, everything was new, functional and well maintained. The Staff was very helpful and informative. Breakfast was good, fresh and served in an attractive way. This was a thoroughly enjoyable experience.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the review! I’m glad you enjoyed our hotel and hopefully next time CAN stay longer than planned.

See you next trip!
cogan station pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

stayed here aug 10th &11th to attend the pirates game and the styx concert.This is one top notch hotel. very friendly staff wonderful rooms,very comfy beds.loved the free hotel shuttle that took you and picked you up from just about anywhere you wanted to go in town.I will most certainly stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Jim S, Manager at Cambria Suites at Consol Energy Center, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thanks for the review and considering us as ‘top notch’! I’m glad that you found the shuttle to be convenient and enjoyed our staff and rooms.

Thank you and we look forward to being your host again in the future!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I booked my reservation thru Priceline. My Priceline receipt stated that if I had a preference for number of beds (king, 2 queens, etc) that I should call the hotel directly and that such a request could not be guaranteed and would be based on availability. I called the hotel and requested 2 beds. They said they would try but could not guarantee. That was reasonable. When I checked in, I was given a room with a king size bed. I reminded them of my request. Imagine my surprise when they said there would be a $20/night charge for 2 beds! They clearly had available rooms but would not honor the terms stated in the Priceline receipt or the prior phone conversation with their clerk. I was very disappointed and thought this was a very short-sighted business practice on their part.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Jim S, Manager at Cambria Suites at Consol Energy Center, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
I apologize that we were not able to grant your request at check-in. We try to do our best at accommodating all of them and your concern about the extra charge for 2 beds has already been addressed. Please contact me if there is anything I can do for you.

Thank you.
Lorain, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

My family and friends recently stayed at the Cambria Pittsburgh (Consol Energy Center). This hotel is wonderful. The pool, gym, room size, shuttle are amazing! We only stay here when we are in Pittsburgh. Also, the customer service is in a class by itself!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the kind words and I’m glad we are your hotel of choice when in town. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for your on your next visit.

See you next time!

Been to Cambria Suites at Consol Energy Center? Share your experiences!