“Amazing food and service!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Spoon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 1,899 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Penn Circle
Miami Beach, Florida
“Amazing food and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

My wife and I went to Spoon for our wedding anniversary. The valet service was great and reasonably priced. The environment at Spoon is great!

For appetizers we ordered the soup, which was outstanding. My entree was the duck, which was nicely done and outstanding presentation. We paired our dinner with a bottle of the Freemark Abbey Cabernet Sauvignon 2010, which was in a perfect temperature.

I can't forget to praise the service at Spoon. The waitress was extremely polite. Thank you Spoon for an great experience. We will definitely return for another great dining experience. Cheers!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Houston, Texas
“Masterful balance of flavors”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

Spoon is a gourmet dining experience hidden within a neighborhood eatery. Starting with freshly baked and mouthful-sized biscuits and rolls, the bread pail set the tone for a great meal. From appetizer to dessert, each dish combined flavors, textures, and coloring very effectively and without pretense. I started with a crab salad with pieces of mango and an aioli sauce, followed by a duet of veal loin and battered sweetbreads on a bed of couscous, finishing with a dessert that mixed rhubarb with a lemon grass "crust" and a puree of rum raisin. The unimaginable mix of flavors worked. Other dishes tried were a tomato basil soup which was simply excellent and a banana bread sweet which was also very good. The drink list has a nice selection of wines from around the world with excellent representation from mid-priced European, American, Australian and South African wineries. In keeping with the feel of a comfortable neighborhood joint, the beer list was also varied and interesting. Service was excellent starting with Chelsea our greeter who accommodated our lateness and Jessica our waitstaff who was attentive and informative, and served us with a flourish!

Visited June 2014
Brick NJ
“Pretty Good, Not Great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

My husband and I went to Spoon for our Anniversary Dinner last weekend. We chose Spoon based on the online menu and the reviews. We made a reservation about 2 weeks in advance and it was not difficult to get a time we wanted. I wore a black dress with a cardigan and my husband wore black trousers with a dress shirt. When we arrived, I realized we were over-dressed and could have worn jeans. In fact, the servers were jeans. In another table, we saw a woman in sweatpants.
When we sat down, our table was dirty and was off-balance. Our server was able to balance out the table for us right away but I feel these things should be corrected prior to dinner service.
The menu is small but there were plenty of choices we were interested in. I got the soft shell crab appetizer and my husband got quail. Both were pretty good, not great. It was difficult to taste anything but the fried breading on the soft shell crab.
I got the duck two ways for dinner and my husband ordered the rabbit confit. I requested the duck medium rare and it was definitely medium well. I didn't care for the duck sausage at all.
My husband enjoyed his meal.
For dessert, I ordered coconut sorbet which was very yummy and my husband enjoyed his S'more dessert.They did write Happy Anniversary in chocolate on our dessert plates which was really cute.
Overall,we weren't disappointed but we weren't blown away either. We had much better meals at other restaurants while visiting Pittsburgh.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Sophisticated, low-key”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

The food, especially fish, is well done; the portions aren't huge but they are exquisitely presented and you will find that they are adequate. The breads are a variety of muffins, biscuits and breads, in small sizes but rich and satisfying. The service is friendly but not intrusive, the drinks are excellent, and they are happy to let you sit and chat with friends until you close down the place, at least on a quiet weeknight.

Visited January 2014
Coraopolis, Pennsylvania
“What a gem of a restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

We decided to celebrate our anniversary at this restaurant; largely due to the wonderful reviews it's received. The menu featured locally procured produce and meats and the freshness of each and every item shone through.

Service was professional; yet somewhat "cool". If I were forced to provide any type of "constructive criticism", it would be suggest that the wait staff be a bit friendlier.

We will definitely go to Spoon again.

Visited May 2014