“Pleasant, will revisit” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Spoon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 1,720 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cross street: Penn Circle
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Pleasant, will revisit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

I had read about this restaurant and it was getting very positive review, to which I can now add. The restaurant isn't very big, but it's elegant and lively without being loud. The food is fresh and not too heavy, and the service very friendly. I can certainly recommend this, especially for a special occasion.

• Visited May 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great patio and desserts!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

My husband and I recently stopped by here after dinner elsewhere to grab a drink and dessert. There was a long wait for the bar/inside table but the instantly placed us out on the patio-- which was even nicer and private. Our drinks were good, but nothing amazing. Dessert, on the other hand, was amazing! I had the lemon cheesecake and he had the chocolate cake. They were just the right size (aka not huge) and DELICIOUS! they were uniquely presented-- mine was in a little coffee mug-- and so good! We will always have to make a stop there for dessert!!!! Highly recommend it!

• Visited July 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cleveland, Ohio
“Great local food at a good price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

My husband and another couple visited this restaurant. Our friends had eaten here before and highly recommended it. We started with a pitcher of Sangria and four appetizers, heirloom tomatoes, bacon and eggs, blue cheese souffle, and bahn mi. The sangria was very refreshing on a hot summer's day. We shared the appetizers and there were no complaints from anyone. I ordered the papperdelle because I have a soft spot for fresh pasta. It was excellent but a little heavy for a summer dish. I tried my friend's chicken and dumplings and it was incredible. The other 2 dishes our party ordered were duo of pork and the short ribs. Both received rave reviews. In the end it was too much food with 4 apps, but all was good. And the service was great too!

• Visited July 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Minnesota
“Late night dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

Everything was fabulous. Spent the week in Brazil and stopped by here on return to Pittsburgh. Wife and I enjoyed it very much. Comfort food with gourmet twist - just what we needed.

monroeville, PA
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

What a wonderful way to celebrate my birthday. The restaurant has a cozy atmosphere and the servers were very attentive. We started off with drinks and those wonderful rolls. I liked the chive and cream cheese the best. We had several appetizers; blue cheese souffle, tuna sashimi and pork belly and egg. My favorite was the sashimi. Since there were 5 of us we decided to order all of the sides. It was way too much. Most of our entrees came with asparagus, so we didn't need that, although it was prepared perfectly. The broccoli was my favorite. The mashed potatoes were very good, but everyone only had a small taste. There was 1 more vegetable, but I did not have any. I would order only 1 vegetable next time, if you have a large group, otherwise the entrees with an appetizers would be filling enough. Everyone loved their entrees. Two of us had the halibet. It came with asparagus and 2 braised beef stuffed cannolonis. It was very filling and delicious. Two friends had the shrimp and scallops and 1 person had the meat and potatoes. Everyone enjoyed them. For dessert we shared a Death by Chocolate cake. Of course," it was too die for!" We all agreed we would return to the restaurant soon.

• Visited June 2011