“Great location for a baseball game or football game.” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #15 of 56 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Fairport, New York
“Great location for a baseball game or football game.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

We went in June of this year to see the Red Sox play the Pirates. Location is great! A 5 minute walk to either the baseball or football field. Very safe area. Beautiful views of the river. Hotel was a little pricey but is the going rate to be that convenient to a professional ball park. I got a larger room due to my family size, 5. Plenty of room for all. Quality of the rooms was excellent and clean. Couple of negatives. In the room the thermostat was a challenge to find a setting that worked for all of us and the free breakfast was a little disappointing. I don't think they misled but other hotel chains offered more than this one. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Enola, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Very nice hotel; staff was excellent; amenities great. Great location to Heinz Field and Pirates Park. Jerome Bettis' restaurant also very close. Perfect place to stay for watching July 4th fireworks. If you havent seen them in Pittsburgh, you must! Drawack was that there was not enough parking available for hotel guests. We left for dinner only to come back and find the entire (small) lot was full. Free continental breakfast, but it was VERY crowded and the staff had a hard time keeping up w/ demands.

Room Tip: I have a bad back, but this was one of the most comfortable hotel beds I have EVER slept in!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

First, I would like to say that I love the Hyatt Place. I have Hyatt Place phone numbers preset on my phone between Pittsburgh and South Carolina; they are always my frist choice. I have had great experiences at Hyatt Places throughout the country, and my stay at the Hyatt Place in Pittsburgh (North Shore) may have even raised the bar.

When I saw my business was taking me to Pittsburgh I was excited to stay at the Hyatt Place there. My experience here has exceeded all expectations, from the warm greeting I received upon arrival to the genuine interest the staff took in making sure that I enjoyed all aspects of my stay.

The gallery and rooms were clean and comfortable. Food and beverages, including a bar, were readily available. Try their cookies - delicious! The wireless internet, business center, and complimentary shuttle were easily accessible and convenient.

The real highlight of the Hyatt Place is the staff. Always friendly, always eager to please. I had a handful of team members assisting me at every turn with any and all of my needs. I think that everyone who works there helped me at some point throughout the course of my stay! Suzanne (aka "Pomp"), Daniel, Ty, Cassi, Lacey, Ashley, Sarah, and Darrien were all so incredibly helpful that I have remembered all of their names!

Overall this was one of the best hotel stays I have ever had. Obviously I would highly recommend staying at the Hyatt Place to anyone visiting Pittsburgh. I am even taking time out of my busy schedule to share it with all of you, instead of sleeping I am writing this review!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
New Jersey,USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

My husband and I recently stayed at this property. We had originally booked at another hotel in a different location, but were advised that this location would be better for sightseeing. We could see the ballpark from our room. It was also conveniently located to the football stadium, a beautiful walking trail by the river, museums, and many restaurants. The employees are all so friendly, and offered great advice regarding the area. The hotel offers a complimentary shuttle service. You have to reserve the shuttle in advance. A simple phone call to the front desk is all it took to reserve it. The workout room was well-equipped as well. Breakfast was also complimentary. I also found this hotel to be very modern and clean. The layout of the room was very spacious and made for a comfortable stay. It was a great place to spend a couple of days!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
WV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

I stayed at this Hyatt with friends for an event at Heinz Field. Had a great experience. The hotel was really nice. The continental breakfast in the morning was very good.The location of the hotel is EXCELLENT. It is within walking distance to Heinz Field and the new Three Rivers Casino as well as a lot of restaurants. We ate at the Jerome Bettis 36 Grill and loved it. The food was delicious.

There was a pool and gym. Both looked nice but didn't have a chance to use either.

I''d stay here again in the future. The stay was a good experience.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

We stayed at the North Shore Pittsburgh Hyatt Place on a family road trip driving across the country. We arrived in Pittsburgh in the late afternoon for the first time tired after a day's drive from Indianapolis. We were pleased to experience an efficient, trouble free check-in with attentive staff. We asked for recommendations on ethnic restaurants close by and the staff helpfully googled several locations, printing out walking directions for our use. The hotel's location is fantastic for a visitor interested in local culture, with PNC Park and Heinz Field a block away and the Andy Warhol museum and downtown within walking distance. The hotel was clean, the included breakfast was typical for Hyatt Place, and we were able to check out and depart as smoothly as when we arrived. I would definitely look to stay in this hotel again should I return to Pittsburgh.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

I make it to Pittsburgh once a year with family to watch baseball. Normally we stay at the SpringHill Suites; however it was booked solid the weekend we were in Pittsburgh. We decided to stay at Hyatt Place.

The good - nice big rooms, helpful staff, walking distance to PNC Park and Heinz Field.

The bad - there were four of us in the room and we never received four towels. Everyday we had to call down to the front desk to get more. Not that I stay somewhere because of the continental breakfast, but this place made you pay for it and the prices were ridiculous. Even after hours my brother went to the lobby to get a sandwich and paid $7.00 I think and he said the sandwich wasn't anything special. This place nickels and dimes people to death.

For my money, I am going back to the SpringHill Suites. Overall it's a better stay and breakfast and a snack won't cost you an arm and a leg.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Hyatt Place Pittsburgh-North Shore? Share your experiences!