“Another wonderful stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 54 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Another wonderful stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

We have stayed here several times before. We live in Pittsburgh and use this as a "stay cation" sometime with our son and as a couple. It's a beautiful property with large, comfortable rooms. there is a bar in the lobby, breakfast is comp and always good. Pools, fitness center, shops are all connected in Bakery Square. The Coffee Tree Roasters have the best coffee ever. Down the road is a Trader Joes, Whole Foods, Target and some great restaurants in Penn Circle and Ellsworth Ave. It's always a nice getaway for us. We will be back.

• Stayed November 2012
ConcordHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Bakery Square, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
loribob67,
Thank you for your review, and thank you for making us your getaway hotel. We're delighted to know that you enjoy our hotel, staff, and surrounding area. We hope you'll return to Bakery Square for another enjoyable weekend, and we look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I was supposed to stay at Springhill Suites Bakery Square for three days for a training conference in nearby Shadyside. Half way through the first day of the training, we were informed the rest of the conference would be cancelled because of Hurricane Sandy. Springhill suites was very understanding, and only charged me for the first night I had spent there, even though I didn't check out until 2pm my second day. I will definitely stay here again when I return for my rescheduled training conference.

My room was very clean and neat. I loved the soft bed, though fans of firm mattresses may not find it to their taste. It was nice to be able to relax on the sofa with my laptop. The wireless internet was fast and easy to connect to. My room was on the second floor, but I didn't hear any traffic noise. I think I would have liked a room on a higher level simply so I had a better view. My room overlooked a bus depot. The Panera Bread on the first floor is very convenient and even delivers to your room with a minimum purchase. I didn't have a chance to use the attached Urban Fitness, but it looked like a very nice facility.

My only complaint is that the complimentary shuttle is not on a loop, it is on a reservation basis. The time I needed the shuttle to get me to my conference was already taken, so I was forced to drive my car to my training site. It was a parking nightmare, with no public lots within walking distance. I had to park on the street and leave the training every two hours to put more quarters in the meter. Though, the staff at the front desk was very friendly and did provide me with a map and directions.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Bakery Square, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Celeste S,
Thank you for taking a moment and writing a review about your stay with us at SpringHill Suites. We're glad you were our guest and enjoyed your visit. I'm happy to hear that we were able to accommodate your changing schedule and hope you will be able to come and visit us again.
Saranac Lake, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I'll be up front about the one criticism of the Springhill Suites, Bakery Square, My wife and I have two teenagers (well, 12 and almost 14). We like to travel, but we, all of us, hate to share rooms with each other. They want to watch crap teenage TV, while we hardly watch TV at all. They apparently like to squabble, and we have gotten over that. We really need rooms that separate our sleeping accommodations.I expect that from a "suite" It is also nice to have at least minimal cooking provided . When we got to our room at the Bakery Square, we found it nicely appointed, but with only one room, and one TV, with beds next to each other. Fridge, but not even a microwave. There was a small screened-off area with a desk and a sleeper sofa, which is where our son set up camp with the laptop. An inquiry to the desk informed us that all rooms were this way, no real "suites" as we understood them. It was really like a large double queen bed room, not a suite. I don't think their website is deceptive. I should have checked more thoroughly, but it was recommended for a family event, and I just went with it. We got by, but it what not what we expected.

I had no problems otherwise. Bakery Square was nice, clean, comfy beds, good comp breakfast, friendly helpful staff. Very modern decor, about which I could not care less. Oh, also access to two pools, one small one on the first floor, the other, large, for lap swimming, that could be accessed through the desk. Free parking on the weekend at the garage just steps away from the lobby was really nice.
So, fine place to stay, but don't expect suites with separate rooms to protect you from your children, or whatever.

Room Tip: See above.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Bakery Square, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
newt46,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us at SpringHill Suites. We're glad you and your family stayed with us, and we're pleased you enjoyed your visit. Our suites are spacious and layed out in a way to accomodate families, but I understand your thoughts about giving teens their space. I'm glad you liked our breakfast, pools, and staff as well! We hope you'll plan to visit us again soon.
Newport News, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

This is not a five star hotel, but its five stars for:
Behind clean and super comfy
Convenient to a beautiful fitness center (huge)
Yummy breakfast
Close to my relatives
Close to shops
Great parking
Whenever I visit home, I stay here.

Room Tip: All my rooms have been wonderful.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Bakery Square, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Rozalia J,
Thank you for your review. We're pleased to hear from you and learn of your great visits with us. I'm glad you choose SpringHill Suites when visiting relatives! We love having you as our guest and hope you'll continue staying with us.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I stayed here with a group for a wedding and did not have much of a chance to explore the surrounding area much. However the room was well laid out, included a generous lounging and work area, and an extremely comfortable bed. Daily breakfasts with a variety of options help get your day going. There is a shuttle service available to take you to the zoo, which is ranked #5 in the country. The city itself has been ranked one of the most livable as well. This was my second stay at a SpringHill Suites and I'm finding the chain itself an attractive option for future accommodations. There was even 'Hybrid Only' parking which made our car feel like a VIP compared to everyone else's.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Luke S,
Thank you for your kind review. I'm glad you liked our suites, and pleased you found our beds extremely comfortable. Glad to hear you liked the special parking too. We welcome you as a SpringHill Suites fan, and hope you will come and stay with us again soon.
Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We love the Spring Hill Suites. This was our third visit and everything was just top notch. I even used my wonderful TripAdvisor tote bag this trip. The rates have increased with the popularity of the property, however, there is good reason. The rooms are so comfortable and spacious that you feel like you are staying in a studio apartment. The staff is great. Breakfast has lots of options and has been consistantly good. This property still has all the great qualities you expect and more. (Do we have spellcheck yet?)

Room Tip: There is a bus barn behind the property, however, we found that is has less street noise than the fr...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Bakery Square, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
LESLK,
Thank you for your review. We're glad to have had you return for another great visit. I appreciate your compliments and hope you'll visit us again soon.
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed here one night last week because I was to see a specialist at UPMC/Presbyterian hospital the next day.
Our room was spotlessly clean, the bed was comfy and our stay was very nice.
The breakfast is wonderful with real scrambled eggs with or without cheese, waffles, oatmeal with every fresh topping you could think of. My husband thought the turkey bacon was great!
Best breakfast we've ever had.
Staff was courteous and friendly and very helpful with all our needs. Our trip to UPMC the next day took us 10 minutes.
This hotel is geared toward the business traveler and has many amenities. All in all our one night stay was lovely, not just because our son works there! Would stay here anytime.!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 5th floor facing the bus garages and we found it to be very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Bakery Square, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Karen and Bob L,
Thank you for your delightful review. We loved having you as our guests. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and pleased you liked our delicious breakfast. We hope to see you again soon.

Been to SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Bakery Square? Share your experiences!