“Great for businesses or families” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Pittsburgh North Shore

You added Residence Inn Pittsburgh North Shore to your Saves list
Residence Inn Pittsburgh North Shore
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   574 West General Robinson St, GPS use 214 instead of 574, Pittsburgh, PA 15212   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #5 of 56 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Fort Lauderdale, FL
“Great for businesses or families”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Beautiful hotel. spacious rooms. Great customer service. Convenient shuttle to take to you local restaurants. I brought 2 colleagues with me and they were thrilled with the hotel. If you are a baseball fan, it's the place to be. Great for a family, and a quality stay for a business traveler. Loved it and downtown pitt!

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view of the stadium
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
ri_pitrn_fd, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Pittsburgh North Shore, responded to this review, January 25, 2015
We appreciate your kinds words about our hotel. Our complimentary shuttle makes it convenient to go around the city without having to drive or find a place to park your car. Our location is perfect for the baseball fan, whereas they can walk right out the door and be into the stadium. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Macon, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

I had narrowed my search down to four hotels and even though further away from my business needs I picked this Residence Inn because of the number one rating. I was not disappointed. The rest of my group statyed at the other places and each of the eight had a negative experience about their choice. This place was wonderful. Convenient check-in by pulling into a circle drive and then controlled access ground level parking right next to be building. Parking was free during my stay. Front desk staff wiere enthusiastic and helpful pointing out local restaurants and providing menus for those that deliver. SoHo at Springhill down the street delivers as well. Large one bedroom suite was wonderful. Hotel seems new or very well maintained. Breakfast was nice in that something a little different was present each morning as well as scrambled eggs and sausage. The food provided in the evening Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday was enough for a meal. Beer and wine as well although the chardonnary was not one of my favorites, I cannot argue with free. The staff at the food area were also enthusiastic and helpful. Being near PNC Park and Heinz Stadium provides a great area to get out and walk so I avoided the exercise room. Restaurants that are in walking distance appear to either be an expensive steak house or a bag serving food as they would for a baseball or football game. Although a short drive for Station Square, if you are not used to Pittsburgh roads and bridges, it is easy to miss a turn. Once you figure it out it is very easy to get around. Again, I stayed five miles away from my business site and even at peak hours my drive was 15 minutes or less. I did avoid the freeways. This will be my hotel for downtown Pittsburgh.

Room Tip: Even with a corner room on the freeway side I did not find noise to be a problem. I think all rooms...
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

I've stayed here twice, and it is a very well-managed and staffed Residence Inn. Comfortable, big, clean rooms/suites, but you pay for it. The location is perfect if you are attending a sporting event or are taking the kids to the museums within walking distance. The staff is friendly and helpful. You have to pay to park, but the adjacent lot is very convenient.

It's also pricey. The pool is kind of small. The location is convenient, but outside the hotel it's concrete, asphalt and bricks in every direction. It would be nice if there were some better eating options within easy walking distance.

But because of the location, convenience and the quality and size of the rooms, we will be back without a doubt.

Room Tip: It didn't bother me but you can hear the highway traffic, so you might ask for a room on the sid...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
ri_pitrn_fd, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Pittsburgh North Shore, responded to this review, January 22, 2015
We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. Our location makes it very convenient to get to PNC Park and Heinz Field, just walk out the door and across the street. We are very accessible to many local restaurants and museums within walking distance of our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay!
Erie, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

awesome hotel!!! great location! Free shuttle to station square to the incline and the strip!!! spacious suite with full kitchen! would highly recommend this hotel!!! free breakfast included! very friendly staff and in the evening they offer beer and wine and something quick to eat!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
We appreciate your review of our hotel. Our location does make ideal for you to leave your car and utilize the shuttle to get around. I'm glad your needs were satisfied by our friendly staff and the complimentary breakfast. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Okay, it isn't literally sleeping under the freeway but literally the main freeway is next to the hotel. In the evening, there isn't any significant noise as the traffic on double stacked freeway (lanes going one direction are right underneath lanes going in the other way) is bumper to bumper. It is after the traffic clears up, after dark, when drowsiness hits you, the speeding trucks on the freeway are just too hard to ignore especially when they are louder than the TV in the room and there is no other noise for the solo business traveler. Quiet room request at the front desk has taken a whole another meaning for me after this experience!

That combined with poor customer service is a disaster. Majority of staff did not have a smile on their face. In addition to the very loud freeway, every so often I was getting woken by a loud noise as though ice was falling from an ice maker. It wasn't until 1:45am in the night after having woken up, in half coherent mind, I called the front desk inquiring if there was an ice machine right next to my room. They thought I needed ice. They told me since they don't have ice makers at all on my floor, or in my room, why don't I bring the ice tray out of my freezer to the front desk, to get ice from! I mumbled something and hung up! I walked up to the freezer in the same room as my bed and yes, there was an ice maker contrary to information the front desk person had, that they must have turned on right before I checked in. Turning it off put that noise to an end!

There was a warm breakfast the next morning which was typical to a Residence Inn. The restaurant Soho in next-door Spring Hill Suites offered great variety in their menu and the Pasta dish I ordered was flavorful and tasty. The Soho restaurant offers room service for Residence Inn as well and that is what I did. They don't charge to the room but will take credit card over the phone. Room Service charge is 10%.

The location is next to the stadium and north shore attractions which is good (minus the noisy freeway that took the charm of the view away).

I picked this place up for its new look-and-feel. But, I doubt I would book a room here again on my next business trip because that good night sleep and comfort is non-negotiable for me unless they sound proof their windows and walls.

Room Tip: I thought about the other side of the hotel if that would lack the noise from the freeway...freeway...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
JamesPerryRINS, Manager at Residence Inn Pittsburgh North Shore, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank You for your recent stay at the Residence Inn Pittsburgh North Shore.
After reading your comments, I understand your concern in regards to the overall experience you had while staying with us. As far as the freeway is concerned, yes we do have a highway close to our hotel, in which it can be heard from a few rooms that are close to that side of the hotel. However I do believe that the majority of our rooms are far enough away that the freeway is not a concern at all. I do agree that anytime a guest wishes to have a quiet room the front desk staff should and hopefully will do anything to make sure the guest is aware of the best possible quiet locations in the building whenever the rooms are available. I would like to apologize for any perceived indifference that was shown to you by the staff. Here at the Residence Inn Pittsburgh North Shore we strive to make sure every guest need is satisfied to the best of our ability. I consider every guest as an opportunity to show our personality, knowledge, and our ability to welcome each guest to Pittsburgh for whatever reason they happen to be visiting. I apologize if we did not meet your standards on this occasion and would like to invite you back so that we may be given a chance to redeem ourselves and show you that we truly are a great hotel.

Residence Inn Management
Irving, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

The hotel has a nice modern lobby, clean, comfortable rooms, and friendly staff. The parking is plentiful but dealing with your key card to get in the gate was a pain. The food at the free breakfast was not good compared to most. The location is great if your going to a sporting event or just visiting Pittsburgh.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
ri_pitrn_fd, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Pittsburgh North Shore, responded to this review, January 21, 2015
Thank you for pointing out our close proximity to PNC Park, you can just walk right across the street and be inside the stadium. I am happy that the service you received while staying with us met your expectations and every interaction with our staff was friendly and with a smile.
Brookville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

In need of a weekend away, I booked a night at the Residence Inn for me and my fiancée. I hoped the suite would be nice with all of the standard features a suite should have. Once checked in (hours early - thank you Residence Inn) we found that the layout of the room was absolutely wonderful and the view of PNC Park was great. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The parking was convenient and simple. The getaway was a a success in large part to the fact that this hotel had a very comfortable feel.

The kitchen has utensils, plates, cups and mugs, salt and pepper shakers, pots and pans, and a roomy refrigerator. I was concerned that I would need to make run to get some common things, and that concern was for naught. I do wish I had brought coffee and filters from home so I could have had that in the room. However, downstairs there was coffee available and the morning breakfast was very nice.

My search for the perfect fit in Pittsburgh is found - this will be our place of choice from here on out.

Room Tip: I was in Room 516 and it was nice. I could see PNC Park and some of the river. I found it to be qu...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
I am happy you and your fiancee had an excellent time here at the Residence Inn. Our kitchen area in all the guest rooms does make it convenient if you want to make something in the room without having to go out to eat all of the time. We do offer most toiletries at the front desk for no additional cost especially if you forget to pack that toothbrush or toothpaste. Our location is wonderful with being close to PNC Park and Heinz Field. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon.

Been to Residence Inn Pittsburgh North Shore? Share your experiences!