“Nicely French” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Paris 66 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #149 of 1,895 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: French, Brasserie
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: S. Highland Ave.
Transit: Most major bus lines
Description: Paris 66 uses the freshest ingredients from local farms.Famous for its everyday French cuisine and its French Macarons and desserts, Paris 66 became the #1 French restaurant in Pittsburgh since it opens its doors in 2009.It also became "Best of the Burgh" in 2012.Don't miss the Steak frites, salmon tartare, beef or salmon carpacio, beautiful tuna salad, nicoise, croque monsieur, italian sandwich, escargos savory and dessert crepes, and more.You can reserve the patio for private events.A bientot.
Avignon, France
“Nicely French”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Went there on a Monday night for an early dinner. with a French friend. We both enjoyed the duck, with green beans and potatoes "au gratin" (27$). There was a lovely "persillade" on the beans. The duck's skin could have been broiled for crispiness...but on the whole, it was excellent with vegetables cooked perfectly, and not overdone at all.
The wine list was very good and the bottle of red Vacqueyras (49$) quite appropriate after a few minutes.
On the whole, it was very pleasant. Service was attentive and never obtrusive. Parking behind the restaurant is free after 6pm.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“Enjoyable and rewarding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Paris 66 is a well worth visiting. Unique atmosphere of French cusine with fresh made crepes as a main offering on the menu.

Visited August 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Perfect spot for a birthday dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I went to Paris 66 with 2 friends to celebrate a birthday- couldn't be happier with the experience! Food and service were both great. When 2 of us arrived with flowers for the 'guest of honor,' the person who greeted us at the door immediatlely offered to put them in a vase for us (nice touch!). The "3 for $30" offering is a great deal. That evening the entree' options were salmon or pork loin, both prepared in interesting ways- we tried one of each and loved them both! I seldom eat pork and never order it when out to dinner, but I'm so glad I did as it was spectacular!! Wonderful preparation and incredible flavors, The goat cheese appetizer (in phyllo dough with greens) was equally great...... beautifullly presented and delicious. I chose a dessert of 3 macaroons- and definitely the caramel/sea salt macaroon is not to be missed! My friend who chose the lemon tart wasn't quite as happy as I was with mine, but I tried it and thought it was good. We loved that they brought the 3rd dessert (Paris 66 crepe) complete with a sparkler for the person celebrating her birthday!!

Our only (very minor) disappointment of the evening was the relatively high wine prices ($9+) by the glass, and unavailability of the only bottle under $30- however, we found an alternative for $32 that was excellent, and it turned out to be the perfect amount for the 3 of us. We did hear they have a house red available by the carafe and will probably try that next time. There will definitely be a next time!

The back patio is very comfortable and we lucked out with a nice evening to enjoy it. I think they should consider putting up a big canvas panel to hide some of the building in the alley, which does interfere somewhat with the ambiance somewhat- but it didn't distract all that much from the relaxed, tasteful decor on the patio itself.

Overall a great choice for a special evening out! I hope to try the brunch soon....

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great French Cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Classy little joint. Great service and the food was incredible. It's king of tucked away and you would miss it if you weren't looking for it. I would definitely recommend it if you like French food.

Visited June 2012
“Great all around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I've been going to Paris 66 for about 2 years now, and it is still my go-to place when you need a nice place to take someone but don't want to spend a lot. Atmosphere is Parisien and beautifully cultivated. Wait staff is always at least solid. Food is always exceptional, and you can watch them make your crepes right there! The price range is middling, but it looks and tastes a lot more expensive than it is. I've gone there for Valentine's Day, taken my mother in law there for Mother's Day, taken an out-of-town friend for brunch, and it fits all those roles very well.

I was there Sunday, and the hostess told me they plan on opening up a bakery in Squirrel Hill. I can't wait!

Must Try: House made macarons. They are AMAZING. They are a little expensive but so worth it. Also, if you get a dozen to go, they put it in an adorable little red box. It would make the perfect gift for anyone, anytime. They always have a wide range of flavors of macarons, so get a dozen and try one of everything!

• Visited September 2012