“Authentic ” 4 of 5 stars
Review of S&D Polish Deli

S&D Polish Deli
2204 Penn Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15222 (Strip District)
412-281-2906
Neighborhood: Strip District
Follansbee
“Authentic ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Stopped here for Pierogies. Big selection of items. From deli to bakery. Luncheon platters. Stuffed cabbage. Halushki. Potato pancakes. Nut rolls. I got the potato and farmers cheese Pierogies from the refrigerated section. 12 Pierogies with butter and very fine onions $9. Delicious. Will definitely go back and try more. Worth stopping in.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Excellent food perfect lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

I have been here several times and it is always delicious. The lunches are so wonderful. Yesterday I had the polish platter, which included stuffed cabbage, pierogies and noodles plus a drink for $11.00. I could only finish half and brought the rest home. Though I am not polish, growing up in Pittsburgh I have had many delicious church suppers of homemade polish food and this place really is the real thing! My uncle is polish and his mother was from Poland, this reminds me of her home cooking. They have other items to buy, plus a deli and delicious baked goods. Stop in if you never have next time in the strip, you won't be disappointed!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Los Angeles, California
“Fun to explore and great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Growing up eating a lot of Italian food on the other side of the state, this was a new experience for me. I go the sampler plate and loved every bit of it! Along with a cup of soup, it was enough for both me and my wife and we both felt full. My only caution is that the amount of butter can get to a stomach not used to it- but so worth it! Great value and good eating.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Rochester, New York
“Great potato pancakes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

I loved walking into this deli - the items behind the counter absolutely transported me back to my childhood where my grandparents owned and operated their own little Polish grocery store. It was fascinating to see all the items and labels that I haven't seen in 50 years!

I got there kind of early in the morning so I ordered their potato pancakes. OMG! So good!! They were fried up perfectly with a huge dollop of sour cream on top. It just doesn't get much better than this. The people sitting next to me ordered more adventurous plates for being so early in the morning - but their plates looked amazing.

Definitely making a stop if you're visiting The Strip neighborhood!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Go- you'll like it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

My reviews tend to be 4 or 5 stars because I tend to go by what other reviewers say and this one is no different. I've had Polish Haluski before, but the haluski here had more flavor than the others. The keilbasy was smoked to perfection as well. I had the platter and it came with those 2 items and 4 perogies too. I suggest the farmers cheese perogies. Theres not a whole lot of seating- it's also a deli and store- but we go seated easily at 3 pm on a Saturday.

• Visited November 2013