“The hotel has BED BUGS.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Pittsburgh

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Pittsburgh to your Saves list
Motel 6 Pittsburgh
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2834 Banksville Rd., Pittsburgh, PA 15216 (Formerly Pittsburgh Inn)   |
Ranked #54 of 54 hotels in Pittsburgh
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“The hotel has BED BUGS.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We stayed there on 10/20/12. We checked in about to 10pm Saturday night. The next morning we noticed some bugs on the bed spread. We pulled back the mattress cover and the mattress was infested with bed bugs. I now have red botches over my back, neck, face, chest and arms from all the bed bug bites. We will never go there again.

Room Tip: Make sure you check under the mattress covers.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

14 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Ellsworth, Maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I stayed here on a recent trip to Pittsburgh. It was a terrible hotel. The first night I was there I was up until 3am while people were partying and screaming in the adjacent rooms and in the lobby. I spoke with front desk and nothing was done. The second night was a little better, I got to bed at 11 and by 2 am, I was woke up by people screaming and swearing at the front desk. The room was minimally clean. The breakfast was lower than normal standards. Also, the neighborhood was iffy. It didn't feel real safe. At checkout, there was another couple complaining about the same thing, and also that someone tried to get into there room in early am. I would not recommend this hotel ever.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I would not kennel my dog at this hotel. I stay around the country at Comfort Inn from time to time. I prefer HIE, Hampton, or Hilton chains. This location could not have done more to run customers off. First they had my reservation wrong - then they couldn't (or at least said) they couldn't change it in their system. On checkout the next morning there was no desk staff. Besides myself 5 other customers were waiting to check out and get their receipts. A housekeeping person (who barely spoke English) tried to call someone but could not find anyone to come to the desk. He finally had us write our email addresses and they would send our receipts to us. Here two days later I still have not seen my receipt. I tried calling the hotel this mid-morning - no answer and let the phone ring for some five minutes. Tried again about lunch - got a voice system which got me nowhere and again let it ring for about five minutes. Finally around 2 PM someone answered the phone after about 10 rings and I got the same thing - give me your email address and will send to you. I didn't say that was what I did along with everyone else the previous day.
Rooms were clean, but, on a scale of 1 to 10 I will give them a 6. Desk chair was broken, wouldn't adjust height. Water was touch and go between cold and moderately warm. Comp breadfast was typical, but, below par for a Comfort Inn. I have had much, much better at other locations.
If you ever find yourself in this area and consider this hotel - DON'T and RUNNNNN!!!!!!

Room Tip: None at this place, sleep in your car!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Morgantown, West Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

This hotel had one thing going for it, a covered garage. I would never stay there again. Period. Sketchy neighborhood, old bedspread, cleanliness marginal, service personnel were wearing dirty clothes. It was an overall unpleasant, hope I didn't touch anything or bring anything home with me kind of experience.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel 6 Pittsburgh? Share your experiences!