“Excellent service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Pittsburgh-Harmarville

You added Days Inn Pittsburgh-Harmarville to your Saves list
Days Inn Pittsburgh-Harmarville
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   6 Landings Drive, Route 28 & Pennsylvania Turnpike, Pittsburgh, PA 15238   |
Ranked #49 of 54 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Slippery Rock, Pennsylvania
“Excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

I'm disabled. Dianne the evening clerk was so accommodating. She let me sit while she did the paperwork and then brought it to me to sign. The next night she actually greeted me by name. I have never had such good treatment. :-D. The room was exceptionally clean. My only problem was that the bed was too high. Thank God Pittsburg is a very large city. I was able to use the 2 phone books to give me enough height to get in.

• Stayed January 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Standish, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Made reservation for 1 room with 2 people and a small dog. (shitzu) Upon arrival, desk staff was completely rude and un attentive. When we entered the room, the carpet was unswept, there was an open condom wrapper behind the bed, the shower and the curtain had black mold all over it, there was pubic hair all over the shower, the floor, and the towels. When I went down to see ms. attitude about getting new towels (without pubic hair), she threw 5 at me, of which i threw 3 back that had black curly pubic hair on them. The bed sheets had a FRESH stain on them. When we had the housekeepers come here, my fiance had to clean the room herself because they were not trained properly to clean it properly. The blanket we got had a cut in it half way through it. When my fiance asked for a vacuum, she was told they do not carry one with them. How do you clean a room without one? We made a complaint to the manager (Andy), and he was nice to try to fix it. The next morning Bella, the other manager, came to our room and harassed my fiance, and told her to stop making complaints about her motel. She was also complaining about our dog which we had promptly notified them before we got there that we had her with us. The one day we were not here, and housekeeping came in, my fiance's head wrap was taken. I talked to the very rude front desk girl, and she told me there was nothing she could do. Andy (manager1) actually found it in the laundry room (theirs). Overall, this place is poorly run. management takes no responsibility, and will treat you like crap if you complain. the poor service, and filthy conditions here are a health and safety issue. RUN! RUN from this place as fast as you can.

Room Tip: don't stay here ever.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dianna M, Manager at Days Inn Pittsburgh-Harmarville, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
I would first like to thank you for filling out our on line survey with TripAdvisor. Your feed back is greatly appreciated .

I would first like to aplolgize you are so unhappy when you come to stay are our property .

I would also like to state that these comments are FALSE STATMENTS . 1 Bela is not a manager , 2 Andy is not a manager. 3 Dianna is the guest service manager for this property.
I also would like to state that the only person to stay in this room is this guest.. when he leaves we deep clean room ,and put it out of service until his return . I would like to also add this room is deep cleaned after each stay , When you leave your DND sign on the door for the whole time you are staying a week or more with us we can not clean your room.

Also when you have a dog in room and you work all day where is the dog ? kept in the room . causing a mess in our room .
I would also like to state that this guest will not stay in any room but this one room . and he has stayed on and off since July . if one doesnt like a motel so much, why keeping stay?

I would like to apologize again that your many many on and off months stay was not a pleasant one and please be assured we have handled all your concerns, We have addressed all concerns and worked hard to come up with a solutions we are very happy with .

Please if you have any questions call me directly at 412-828-5400 .
Fort Carson
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights. The housekeepers never made the bed, took out trash, gave new towels, or even entered the room after we left during the day. When we returned that night, I went to the desk to ask what was wrong and the receptionist made no efforts to explain why the housekeepers never came...other than, "they aren't very good at their job"!!!!! I just said, "that's sad." Then I asked her for 2 extra pillows...she said that they didn't have any extra. There was just no effort to accommodate us at all!! We have stayed there several times before, but after this poor service we will never stay there again. Waste of money!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Dianna M, Manager at Days Inn Pittsburgh-Harmarville, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
I would first like to thank you for taking the time out of your bust schedule to respond to our survey.

I would like to apologize to you that your stay was not a nice experience , We greatly appreciate your honest feed back , your feed back helps us to improve the experience of each and everyone one of our guests.

I would like to insure you that the issues you have brought to our attention , have been looked into and will be addressed .

Please if you have any questions please feel free to contact me at 412-828-5400

Been to Days Inn Pittsburgh-Harmarville? Share your experiences!