“A very nice, clan and affordable place to stay in Pittsburgh” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Extra 5% AAA Discount!
Ranked #15 of 54 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
“A very nice, clan and affordable place to stay in Pittsburgh”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

This is a very nice and inexpensive hotel conveniently located to the University of Pittsburgh. The staff is very nice, welcoming and accommodating, the facility is clean and well-maintained and the price is right.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
jzottola, General Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh - University Center, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Greetings,
Thank you for placing a review of our hotel on Tripadvisor. We are so happy to hear you thought we were a great location for your visit here at the University of Pittsburgh. I'm thrilled to hear you felt we are a good hotel for a great rate and we sure hope to see you again very soon.
Jonathan Zottola

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Lebanon, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

We stayed here this week while visiting our son and seeing his group C Street Brass perform at CMU.. after making our reservations I saw a few of the reviews on here about the neighborhood and almost cancelled.. number one on my list is safety.. but I am so glad I did not cancel. The neighborhood felt VERY safe.. The rooms were very nice, the bed and bedding was wonderful!! The heater was a little loud, which would be the only negative.. The staff was amazing.. the man working the desk when we checked in Sunday evening provided some of the best customer service I have had at a hotel.. Breakfast was great, cookies in the evening, coffee 24/7.. I felt like I was at a luxury hotel.. This will be where we stay from now on! Thank you for a wonderful stay. (Oh and I loved the view of the river and the city in the background - why would you focus on a couple old buildings??)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
jzottola, General Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh - University Center, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Greetings,
Thank you for placing your review of our hotel on Tripadvisor. We really appreciate your comments on the neighborhood and safety issues. We are so happy you pointed out that we are located in a safe area and that you also enjoyed your view of the river and our downtown Pittsburgh area. I'm extremely pleased to hear you enjoyed your room and found it clean and comfortable. We receive many great comments on our customer service and about how wonderful our staff is. We are certainly pleased that you found the same to be true for your visit with us. We will see you on your next visit in to CMU. See you soon!
whitneyg730
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I stayed at the Hampton Inn University Center last week for a work event that was in town and was very impressed with this hotel. My room was absolutely gorgeous and very clean. The entire staff was very nice and accommodating-- I had a light bulb out in my room and the maintenance guy came up to fix it within minutes of me telling the front desk.
The complimentary shuttle is convenient because the hotel is so close to other neighborhoods of the city like Southside and Station Square. The continental breakfast was wonderful as well.
I wish the other buildings in the area would be fixed up or torn down because when you first show up to this hotel, you get the impression that it's in a bad area, but that couldn't be further from the truth! I would definitely recommend anyone staying in the Pittsburgh area to stay here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
jzottola, General Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh - University Center, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Greetings,
Thank you for placing a review of our hotel on Tripadvisor. We are thrilled you liked your room, our staff, our amenities, and your comments that we are a great hotel. We do have some old buildings around our property and I'm happy to say some of them will be torn down soon to make way for new offices! We are very excited about this. We are located in a very convenient & safe area and the eventual new office buildings will enhance our area and surroundings. We hope to see you again soon!
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Just recently stayed at the Hampton inn for a funeral. We were quite a few people from Canada and the hotel was very accommodating. The staff were fantastic. There was a large lobby which was great for all of us to come together. There was free coffee in the lobby all the time which is a nice treat. There is a free shuttle bus for short distance which was great as we are not familiar with the area. Free breakfast which was okay. I found the rooms to be ok, they were a little outdated but clean. The heater was a little noisy which was a little annoying. The front desk told us that parking was $14, but then upon checkout there was no charge. The location of the hotel was ok, just a bit tricky getting in to the hotel. Overall it was an okay stay.

• Stayed February 2013
jzottola, General Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh - University Center, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Greetings,

Thank you for taking the time to place a review of our hotel on Tripadvisor. We are happy to hear you were pleased with the service & staff. I'm sorry that your heater was noisy in your room and that it was annoying to you. I'm sorry that you were not pleased with the room style. I do thank you for giving us a try during your time of need while in town for a funeral. We hope you were able to take advantage of the shuttle service since you were not familiar with our area. Thank you once again for placing your review on Tripadvisor.

Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

If I had 3 thumbs...I'd give them 3 Thumbs Up in a review! My favorite place to stay in Pittsburgh. Despite the COUPLE crummy looking buildings in the area (that seem to be an issue in some reviews)....I felt very safe to walk at night. ( I didn't come for the view...otherwise I may have gone to Paris!) The staff is beyond compare...I travel frequently & tend to get a bit picky about things like customer service. I have never had any complaints here.They ALL go above and beyond. The rooms are updated and clean, very comfortable. They have a great breakfast - I find cooked oatmeal a plus! There are plenty of places in walking distance. If walking isn't your thing - they offer a free shuttle service...with very friendly & helpful drivers. I highly recommend staying here when in Pittsburgh....you won't be sorry!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
jzottola, General Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh - University Center, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Greetings,
Thank you for your wonderful review on Tripadvisor. We appreciate your comments on the cleanliness, breakfast, location, service, & staff. We are thrilled you consider us a great place to stay while in Pittsburgh. We hope to see you again soon.
Weston, CT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

In my experience, a Hampton is a Hampton is a Hampton. Clean, comfortable rooms in convenient locations. However, this one is on the shabby side, as is the neighborhood. The rooms are clean, but small and worn. Every room has a view of...abandoned buildings. While it's less than a mile to Pitt and Carnegie Mellon, the area is so iffy, I wouldn't want to walk it. Fortunately, they've got a fabulous shuttle service that leaves on the hour and comes right away when you call for pick-up. It operates from early morning until 11 pm. And the staff is SOOOO nice and friendly. They do their best to please. Give the rooms a facelift, and I'll give this Hampton 4 stars, despite the neighborhood.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
jzottola, General Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh - University Center, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Greetings,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. We are thrilled you found our staff wonderful. We apologize you did not think the views from the hotel were very pleasing. We have actually had many people say there are wonderful views from the top floors of the river and downtown. We appreciate your comments on your thoughts of our property and will use them as constructive criticism. Thank you once again for placing your review on Tripadvisor.
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

My daughter & I stayed here as it was close to CMU and we had tried Hampton Inns before and liked them- this particular group of staff were among the Best I have encountered as a seasoned travler- they simply had it together, and were really interested in you- unbelievable in the days we are living- I would highly recomend this Hampton for some one not needing the Flash and Neon lights of the High Ebd Hotels-but wanting a good value, clean rooms, ect. all due to the people- it is really about people anyway so when you are treated so well you dont forget it!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
jzottola, General Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh - University Center, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Greetings,
WOW! Thank you for your wonderful words about our staff at the Hampton Inn Pittsburgh University Center. I could not be more pleased with hearing how you were treated while staying with us. Our company is 100% focused on guest satisfaction and I'm very happy to hear that we are practicing that here. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. We hope to see you again soon.
Jonathan Zottola

Been to Hampton Inn Pittsburgh - University Center? Share your experiences!