“Very clean and quiet hotel with high quality service.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Double Points!
Ranked #15 of 54 hotels in Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA
“Very clean and quiet hotel with high quality service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Pleasantly surprised by the experience at this hotel, since it is in a university setting. Wasn't expecting such a clean facility with such quiet rooms. Enjoyed our stay. May be a little pricey, but probably worth it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
jzottola, General Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh - University Center, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Greetings,
Thank you for placing a review of our hotel on Tripadvisor. We are so happy you found your room clean & quiet and that you experienced a good stay with us. We hope you were able to take advantage of all our amenities such as our breakfast buffet, shuttle service, HSIA, & free 24 coffee & tea bar. We hope to see you again soon!

357 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Youngstown, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

My stay at the University Center Hampton Inn was perfect. I was cheerfully greeted by Jonathan Curry upon arrival. Tracy Fuchs the Shuttle Driver was very helpful with info where the shuttle could take me. Barb Williams in Breakfast was very pleasant and attentive to guest needs. I also had the pleasure to meet and converse with GM Jonathan Zottola who was very personable and professional.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
jzottola, General Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh - University Center, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Greetings,
Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel that you placed on Tripadvisor. We love to be our guests "home away from home" and we are thrilled our staff made our home your home while in Pittsburgh. We appreciate all your wonderful and personalized staff comments and will look forward to your next stay with us at our home. Thank you for taking the time to place your review on Tripadvisor.
Mooresville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I drive up from Mooresville,NC at least once every year for a Steelers game and have stayed in this hotel each time. The folks (staff) are very friendly, especially "Tracie" which drives the shuttle and is very helpful to us regarding the area.The rooms are clean and nice. I haven't missed a year visiting this area in 12 years. I have also brought my family up during certain occasions. I guess you can say that I'm probably your best customer. During those 12 years, I've never had a complaint regarding the rooms or comfort. Because of your nice friendly staff and room cleanliness, that is what keeps me coming back to this hotel. My last stay was December 30, 2012.. If nothing happens and the creek don't rise, I hope to see you guys in 2013. (Russ Clark)

Room Tip: Rooms are quite. I've stayed here several times in different rooms. Not a problem.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
jzottola, General Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh - University Center, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Greetings,
Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel on Tripadvisor. I'm so happy you have been choosing us for years based on our hospitality and clean comfortable rooms. We love to hear comments such as this so we know we are providing the best service possible to our guests. I'm so proud to say that you have made us your home away from home over all the other choices out there. We will see you soon! Thank you once again for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor.
Jamaica, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

This is our third visit at the Hampton Inn Pittsburgh University Center. We experienced such genuine warmth, friendliness & professionalism on our first visit (12/2010) that we decided to make it an annual holiday tradition to stay here. Each year they have made us feel like "family". This year (12/2012) Rachel accommodated our early arrival.Tracy and Eric feel like old friends as our complimentary shuttle drivers. We've made new friends w/ Glen and Scott as shuttle drivers,too. Jonathan, Hanna and Steve were always courteous when we contacted the front desk and Barbara was a lovely hostess at the delicious breakfasts. We certainly are looking forward to our fourth visit 12/2013!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
jzottola, General Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh - University Center, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Greetings,
WOW! Thank you for making us part of your annual holiday tradition and choosing our hotel to be your home away from home. We are so happy to be part of your family for the holidays for now 3 years in a row and look forward to seeing you again next year. I'm thrilled to hear you received the kind of hospitality and service one would expect. Thank you for taking the time to place a review of our hotel on Tripadvisor. See you next year!
Buffalo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

This hotel was not too expensive, considering the location. The street is on way, but once you get used to it, it was easy to navigate. The place was very clean and the staff was extremely helpful and friendly. They put out a snack in the evening in the lobby and have a great breakfast that rivals some restaurants. There was also a free shuttle into the city, which ran on the hour. Good value, good location, great staff; I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Greetings,
Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. We are so happy you feel we were a great value and that our staff was friendly and helpful. We see you took advantage of our amenities with our free hot breakfast buffet & free shuttle. I'm very happy you found us a good location and we look forward to seeing you again! Thanks again for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor.
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I stayed here for a wedding in August. I drove by the entrance at least three times while staying here because it's just so obscured. There's a tiny street (Hamlet St.) that, if I remember correctly, is one-way. Then, when you get on the right street, the driveway is easy to confuse with the next building's. Ah well, I got there eventually. And when I did, it was quite nice! Hampton Inns are always reliable, but this one is particularly good. My favorite part was that they always had fresh coffee in the lobby. Plus, when I went down looking for cookies and it turned out they weren't serving them right then, the woman at the desk went and found some Oreos for me and my hungry friends. It was very nice of her. They also provided a free shuttle over to the wedding reception as soon as we asked. That's a little problem, though--it's not all that close to any of the places we were visiting (Hoffbrau House, Pittsburgh Center for the Arts, and a big cathedral downtown), and not even within walking distance to many restaurants. I'm sure if I knew the area better, I could have found something, but we ended up driving for every meal. Overall, it was quite a nice stay, and the service made it exceptional.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
jzottola, General Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh - University Center, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Greetings,

Thank you for placing a review of our hotel on Tripadvisor. We are glad you found our hotel nice and we are sorry you had a hard time finding us. We are actually within walking distance of many restaurants & bars and also have the free shuttle for convenience so our guests do not have to drive. Thank you once again for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor.

Shreveport
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I have stayed at several Hamptons and thus have a baseline idea of what to expect when I go to one. Well, this hotel lived up to its Hilton name and the best way to describe it is in the following simple phrase: Exceptional Service, Great People, Good Hotel

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
jzottola, General Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh - University Center, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Greetings!
WOW! Thank you for your fabulous review of our hotel on Tripadvisor. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and received the type of service and accommodations one would expect while staying with us. Thanks for the 2 Thumbs Up! We hope to see you again soon.
Jonathan Zottola

Been to Hampton Inn Pittsburgh - University Center? Share your experiences!