“Stayed several times.... Could use some work.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Pittsburgh North

You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Pittsburgh North to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites Pittsburgh North
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4859 McKnight Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15237 (Formerly Holiday Inn)   |
Ranked #40 of 54 Hotels in Pittsburgh
“Stayed several times.... Could use some work.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012 via mobile

Needs some work. Internet slow, building is old, out of the way. Not as bad as some of the folks say, but they surely need to be more on top of maintenance, etc. Staff is great, however, and it is a quiet place to stay. Plan to stay there again.

• Stayed January 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
East Texas, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

My wife and I have stayed at this property three times since October 2011. The staff is excellent!! The rooms not so much… For $100+ a night there are other places that would be better. The lighting in the bathroom and outside is NOT good for my wife getting makeup, doing her hair, etc. The beds are tired/worn out and not comfortable. The electric outlets are not in convenient locations and are often full, necessitating removal of one to plug the computer in. The shower we stayed last time had a faulty faucet which spun all the way around making it a challenge to get the temperature correct. The hairdryer was missing which was delivered promptly after a call to the front desk. The rooms are in need of a makeover in my opinion. We received an email survey all three time, the last survey I stated that we would NOT be staying at that property again. If I managed the property and received a survey like that…from a repeat customer, I would send an apology email. Instead, I received a Thank You for your survey email and hope to see you again soon. Obviously an auto generated email. Take our advice; we stayed at a Hampton Inn (Hilton Property… I think); price was about the same, service was similar, rooms were FANTASTIC. Next time we head back to the North Hills we will not be staying here. I will look for a Hampton Inn. Most Holiday Inns have been acceptable, but we are disappointed in this location.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel. Girl fell to her death in Jan 1974, elevator shaft. Place may be haunted...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Gaithersburg, Maryland, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

We stayed 3 nights over Christmas 2011. The door handle to the room was slightly broken but still safe. The heater turned on but wouldn't turn off. Other than that, it was a satisfactory, "average" hotel. Very comfortable bed, okay price, close to where I needed to be. If interested in working out, make sure to ask about their arrangement with a local offsite gym. The one in the hotel is pathetic.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
carlisle. ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

I had called the 800 number to make a reservation and the told me that I was 1 mile from Heinz field!!! Which was the furthest thing from the truth we were approx 7 miles away from down. We were lied to just to make the reservations and for 165 a night could have stayed somewhere else that far away for cheaper!!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Oak Ridge, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

We arrived late in the evening of Nov. 18th, and were very happily greeted by Bill L, working the late-night into morning lobby shift.

Bill went out of his way to kindly accommodate myself and my Mom, making us a fresh pot of coffee, offering to bring it up to our room, and serving us freshly baked cookies. We felt his kindness and generosity went above and beyond the normal and customary call of duty in the wee hours of the morning!

The room was very comfortable, clean, and the linens were a dream. Each and every hotel employee that we have met at the Holiday Inn has been warm, professional, and kind. It has been our fourth visit at Holiday Inn, and while my son is attending CMU for a one-year graduate program, Holiday Inn is our hotel and stay of choice for this period of time.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Spring Valley, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

This hotel appears to have been recently updated. The room was nicely decorated with modern decor. We had a mini frig and microwave in our rooms but our friends did not. The bed linens and towels were of good quality. The bathroom was updated with granite counter tops and shower surround. Overall a fairly good room. However, some details seemed to be overlooked. The tv was old with poor reception, some of the wallpaper was torn, and the bathroom door was very beat up looking. My biggest complaint was the very noisy heating unit. The unit cycled on and off all night long and was so loud that it woke me almost every time. I guess I should have just turned it off and delt with the cold. That's what our friends did. The room would get very hot and dry when the unit was running and then chilly when it cycled off. Sleep was also difficult due to some rowdy guests who were partying across the hall and in the hallway around 1 am. I give credit to the manager for promptly dealing with the problem. After warning the people, he ended up calling in the police. The next morning he gave us all breakfast coupons. I would recommend this hotel if not for the noisy heater.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

I stayed here one night in a room with two beds. Hotel in located near stores and close to major roads. Desk staff was efficient and pleasant. Breackfast was so too large that I could not finish it. Well worth $ 10.00. Only one thing spoiled the visit: airconditioning noise. However, this is a common problem for all hotels with climat control located jsut below the window;

Room Tip: Rooms with two beds are spacious.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Pittsburgh North? Share your experiences!