“Downtown Pittsburh” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Dallas, Texas
“Downtown Pittsburh”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

Love the location and service at this hotel. Had an outstanding check in experience as well, during a busy event day. Julie at the front desk was amazing. Rooms are as advertised and Fitness Center is fantastic.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
los angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

I stayed at 3 Westins last week and this one was in the middle of the pack. They're my preferred hotel for business trips because it is generally a dependable comfortable experience.

This one has great public spaces and a very cool elevator system where you punch in your floor number in advance and it directs you to a specific elevator car. The rooms are fairly recent Westin - not the newest - but in good shape. One thing. During the remodel (I guess) they upgraded the bathroom but left the old tub so you have a plastic wall control in the shower and a separate rubber disc as a stopper for the tub (?!). It works but looks like an anachronism

Great views and great location - nice neighborhood for a stroll - lots of restaurant choices. This is where I'll stay on my next trip to Pittsburgh.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

For a convention center hotel, this was very nice. Nice beds, good sized rooms, very pleasant service. I found the elevator controls a little strange (you set your destination while calling the elevator, you don't have access to the controls once you're inside it) but they worked fine. Nice shower head, but my drain was slow. I was only there for one night so they might have fixed that quickly if I had called for maintenance instead of checking out to fly home.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We booked our stay at the Westin through Dina for my bachelorette party and had such a positive experience. The room was very clean and there was more than enough room for me and five of my bridesmaids to comfortably stay in one of their suites. Room service was fast and efficient. The hotel is in a very convenient location and is a quick drive to restaurants and bars.The shuttle was an added bonus and the driver was very friendly. I recommend this hotel 100%!

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors give an excellent view of the city!
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Fayetteville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I want to start off by saying I stay in a hotel every weekend for my child's sporting events. We often stay separate from the team as we have certain requirements of a hotel. We called to book the Westin and we were given what I felt was a fair price. After a 6 and a half hour drive we finally arrived at the hotel. It wasn't until the moment that we pulled in that we were told that we had to pay $20 a day for parking at this hotel. Not a huge matter but it would have been nice to know over the phone before we arrived. The valet service was pretty abrupt, they wanted you out of your car quickly so they could move it. I am from New York so I understand that time is an issue, but they could have been more friendly, especially because their hand was out for the tip, which we always do, so no big deal again. When we went to check in we were asked to join their rewards program SPG, which we always do when staying at a new hotel. We were given our keys and sent to the elevators. They have an elevator system in which you use a touch screen pad to pick your floor and it tells you which elevator to use out of the 6 available. This will become important later in my stay. When we arrived to our room, it was very basic. Bland. Beds were nice, covers were nice, however they did the whole here is water but if you want it we will charge you $2. I believe though since we became part of SPG it was then free, however I believe that this approach to making money is very tacky. They have Starbucks coffee. Their menu for food was pretty decent. The T.V. was tiny, I mean I had to lay down with my glasses on at night. I will say the star of this stay was the shower. Very nice!! We thought we had a refrigerator but it was locked and stated it was a mini bar. We called to get a key so we could use it as a frig and we waited about 2 hours for that key. They have a program where if you do not require turn down service, you get a $5 voucher for food. We normally only require soap and lotion refills so we opted to not have service. I went down to the front desk in the am to ask for another soap and I was told by the concierge that, "the front desk ladies are really too busy to handle that, if you could please call from your room, we can have it sent to you." Why would I want to wait another 2 hours to get soap?? They told us to call 15 minutes before we wanted our car, so the valet could get it. Well, here we go again, 35 minutes later sitting in the lobby waiting for our car, trying to get somewhere on time. Once again hand out for the tip..... So on the last morning of our trip we packed our things and headed to the elevators. We touched the screen for lobby, it prompted us to take elevator C. we waited.... pressed again and were told elevator E we waited....... pressed again D we waited....... we then picked up the phone and called the front desk and were rudely told, "well wait for it then"......when we checked out I asked about the food voucher, I was told that the points go on our SPG program, well I grabbed the trip advisor business card off his desk and needless to say, I will never use this hotel or SPG hotels again..... I was very disappointed in the people here the service here, the room was nice, and the shower was great. Like I said I stay in hotels every weekend, StayBridge Suites, Hiltons, Holiday Inns, and Marriots, and yes sometimes they have little things go wrong, but to have every person I came in contact with at this hotel be rude and too busy to help was something I couldn't ignore. Also all the little added fees, they FORGET to tell you about when you book aren't cool. I haven't checked my card for any added fees that I see others have written about.....can't wait!! But they need serious training here!!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

My husband and I stayed at the Westin for a long weekend.

CHECK IN: Checking in took all of two minutes. We had asked for a king bed but instead were given two double beds, but the receptionist upgraded us to a higher floor with a city view to make up for the error. The lobby and elevators were very modern.

ROOM: Our room was perfect, clean, and had a great view of downtown Pittsburgh. The shower had a rain shower head and the bath products were surprisingly nice. There was one bathrobe in the room. The room was cleaned everyday in the afternoon, and housekeeping did a great job.

PARKING: Valet parking is $24 a day and totally worth it. Apparently with self parking, there are no in-and-out privileges; you pay every time. They give you the option to call the valets to have them bring your car up by the time you get downstairs, but they are so busy that they either don't pick up the phone or you still have to wait 5 minutes for them once you're there. Regardless, it was nice to not have to worry about finding street parking.

I would definitely stay here again on my next trip.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

I recently stayed here for a celebration with friends. The room was beautiful (including the view) and very clean. They staff was very attentive and accommodating. We were able to arrange transportation through a shuttle which was a hugehelp. I would definitely recommend this beautiful hotel to anyone!

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Been to The Westin Convention Center Pittsburgh? Share your experiences!