“Under renovation” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Under renovation”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed here three days while they laid new flooring in the lobby. It's really looking good and updated. I certainly hope the rooms get the same care. The rooms are adequate and clean but quite dated compared to the Marriott down the street. Most hotel rooms have walk-in showers, but here they have the same old step-in tubs. The shower heads are rainwater style which is nice. Otherwise very typical rooms with no stand out features.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Dina G, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Convention Center Pittsburgh, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Hello, Kim; thank you for providing us with feedback after your recent stay. The lobby is now finished with its flooring and we hope that you enjoy the new look. Our guest rooms will receive the same TLC as the lobby in the upcoming future. Hopefully you will be back to see what a great experience you truly can have here at the Westin Pittsburgh!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Spent the night at Wyndham in Pittsburgh recently and had such a great time! The hotel was beautiful and the front desk staff was incredible. A guy named Jason took such good care of us and he was absolutely amazing! He was super friendly and helpful about what to do in town and clearly went above what his job required to make sure we had an amazing experience. Plus our room had the best view of the city! I would come back here in a heartbeat!

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Dina G, Director of Sales at The Westin Convention Center Pittsburgh, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Stefanie; thank you for your comments about the stay! Jason will be happy to hear that he made a great impression on you. We will make sure you always give you the same pleasant experience during every visit with us!
Dyer, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My family and I stayed at the Westin over Easter weekend and we were all very impressed with the hotel. The lobby was clean, modern, and bright and felt very open despite it being under construction. We noticed small details that the hotel had that were really nice. For instance, if you wanted to work out but forgot your workout clothes and shoes, for $5 you could rent these items and take advantage of the workout facility. Also, the elevators were newly renovated and you use your hotel key to program the elevator to go directly to your floor-- very cool!
The room that we had had a beautiful view of the river and we were high enough to really appreciate the view. We felt like the rooms were nicely decorated with clean, modern simple lines. I would like to end with a special acknowledgment to the concierge, Bob. Before we arrived, we had such a hard time getting a reservation for Easter brunch by ourselves. The hotel staff that I reserved the room with said that she would leave a message for the concierge to call me, and sure enough he did the following day. Not only did he return my call, but he had several reservations lined up in anticipation of my call. I asked him if he could make the reservation earlier and he did so with nothing but a pleasant and helpful demeanor. I was so appreciative of his efforts, considering I spent over an hour google searching Easter brunch places myself and getting constantly turned away because they were all booked. He definitely helped make our trip into Pittsburgh more enjoyable. We really left the Westin with a great feeling- from the rooms, to the lobby, to the staff who made our trip easier. Thank you!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor with a view of the river.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Hello, Eileen! We're happy to see that your stay was worth a five-star review! Also, we are happy to hear you enjoyed our brand new lobby experience. We think it looks great, too! We will pass along your sentiments to Bob, our in-house concierge. Truly, he is an asset to the hotel and we're appreciative of him always! We are happy to help you with any future stays and visits and we look forward to having you back.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I'll admit reading reviews here I wasn't sure what to expect, but I was very impressed. From the moment we pulled up we were greeted and made to feel welcomed. Check in was a breeze and both Julie and Jason were exceptionally helpful and knowledgable. Our room had a great view of downtown and was everything I expected. Yes this hotel is in the final phases of renovation but in no way did this affect our stay. Everyone I encountered was friendly and
Attentive to our needs and I greatly appreciate this, I will definitely recommend the Westin Pittsburgh to everyone and look forward to staying here during future visits!

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Hello, Meelek! Thank you for such a great review about your enjoyable visit to Westin Pittsburgh. We're so very happy to hear that Julie and Jason were so accommodating to you during your visit and that the rest of the staff shined bright as well. We will see you next time!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

If you've stayed at a Westin in any major American city, then you can expect to find a comparable brand experience at the Westin Convention Center in Pittsburgh. With a central location downtown and free wi-fi, not to mention a great fitness center with an indoor pool, this is a great choice for any individual in need of very good accommodations in Pittsburgh.

Room Tip: Higher floors have sweeping views of Pittsburgh
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Hello, Dave! Thank you for following up with us after the stay with a positive review. We're happy to hear that the stay met your expectations and your enjoyment of the Westin Workout with indoor pool! We are happy to have you back at any time. Thank you and be well!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

There is so much I can say that contributed to the not so nice stay.
-Valet: immediately set the tone for the hotel. There was no welcome to the Westin we are so excited to have you with us. But a rude guy that approached the car in a bad mood "self park or valet". I do not need the red carpet rolled out, however, after a long trip from states away it's nice to feel welcomed when you are spending hundreds a night on the room.
-Shuttle Service: is all over the place. Do not make dinner reservations because you will likely miss them. We were told a shuttle would be there to get us in ten minutes. We hurried up to the room to grab our belongings and then came back down to be told three groups were ahead of us. Missed my reservations two nights in a row unfortunately.
-Front Desk: Everyone just seemed like they didn't want to be here. I was in town for a convention and we were all so excited to be at this hotel but that quickly changed. A smile changes someone's day.
-The Elevators: like I said above I was here for a convention. This was a NIGHTMARE. They have tons of meeting space and that is great but plan on spending 20 minutes outside of the elevator before you can make it to the room. There are no stairs to go passed like the third floor, so you have no option but to stand there. They have 5 elevators and it still was so horrid.
-The restaurant: decent prices but not decent service. The server was so snotty to us the entire time. I didn't get why this was. We were in such a great mood and loving Pittsburgh. Stuff like this just changes that. I made sure to leave him more than he deserved in a tip because clearly people just aren't that happy here.
-The rooms: our fridge did not work, the room can only have three devices hooked to the wifi, our wallpaper was peeling off the wall, the outlets are no where near the beds you must plug everything in on the desk or under the counter, and our shades were all stained so badly.

If you decide to stay here I hope you have a better experience than we did.

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Dear ColeGreen; we are very sorry to hear of such a poor experience at the Westin Pittsburgh. This is not what our hotel is or should be known for and we will certainly review your detailed feedback with team here at the property. Our management will contact you directly to further discuss. Thank you again for reaching out.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have stayed at a variety of hotels, either for business or pleasure, for 36 years. First time at The Westin, and awaiting my wife and I in the room was free bottled water that was half drank. Brought it to the front desk staff attention, and they did nothing. Also, never, in 36 years, have I had to ask to be moved to another room. I called the front desk due to loud ladies and knocking on my door after midnight. Security came but did nothing. Second call to the desk finally got a change in rooms from the 25th floor to the 19th. Did not sleep until after 3:30 am. Very, very poorly run, care less about their guests, and unfriendly workers. I am placing this horrible visit on my Facebook for all friends to take notice for exclusion in vacation plans to Pittsburgh. We were a couple without our children, but swimming is not conducive to families (Lap pool only). Very disappointed!!!

Room Tip: Nice view, horrible staff friendliness and assistance.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Dear Randy; this is truly a disappointing review to read. We are extremely sorry for all of the unacceptable service lapses during your visit. Management will reach out to you in regards to the visit and we are again very sorry for the non-Westin experience.

Been to The Westin Convention Center Pittsburgh? Share your experiences!