“Conference Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, United States
“Conference Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The Westin Hotel is well situated for convention participants. The hotel is clean, quiet and busy. In addition to clean and smartly appointed rooms, I was pleased to find a large health club for guests. It is a little walk to the "center" of things; however, there is a nice path on both sides of the river to run, if desired. Rachel is a professional at the front desk and is very thoughtful in answering your questions. I would rate it as a nice place to stay.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

181 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Everywhere
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Let me start by saying everything on the first floor of the lobby is great! Reception was welcoming and the bellmen are very considerate and helpful. And the location is very convenient.

Then when you get to the room you will notice that the shower drainage is pretty horrible. This is my second time staying here and it seems to be a consistent problem.
930pm: I call down to ask for maintenance.
9:50: no one has come. I call again. They assure me someone is on their way
10:30: I call and tell them an hour has passed and they apologize then send someone up.
10:45: Maintenance comes but tells me they can't run the snake after 10pm due to noise disturbing the other guests.
Honestly, that's a legitimate reason. However, if someone came when I called at 930 this wouldn't have been an issue.

Also, the Fridge/minibar is locked so you can't keep any leftovers or drinks in the fridge.
And there are very few outlets in the room and the ones that are present aren't in convenient locations.

Pleasant Grove, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I stayed for 4 nights and 5 days and this hotel is outstanding!
Check-in was a breeze and the girl who checked me in was so helpful and cheerful. I asked for a high floor and I got one! I asked for a city view and she accommodated me!
The Workout Room is fantastic....one of the best hotel facilities that I have had! Numerous cardio machines, free weights, weight machines, dance floor with steps and balls and bands to use, ...clean towels, friendly staff, etc.
EVERY time that I called the operator for a wake-up call, with a question, or for Room Service, they were extremely friendly, helpful, using a soothing reassuring voice (kind of a corny description but as travellers know, you are tired when traveling and having a helpful person that isn't trying to get you off the phone is WELCOME!).
I did the "Green" No Service for my room each day because I am fine to reuse my towels....I do it at home and my room certainly had enough towels for me (and they were luxurious:)) I received the $5 coupon and I used my coupons for Room Service on my last night at the hotel.
My Turkey BLT sandwich was delicious! It was fresh, my salad was fresh! When I ordered it, the person who took my order said that my food would arrive within 30 minutes.....well, you tell me who has ever gotten their room service within 18 minutes?

Room Tip: High floor reduces street/vehicle noise......request to be far from the elevator and ice machine. C...
Green Features: I appreciate their environmentally-friendly practices! I believe in reducing waste at every level, whether it is recycling bin in the room or requiring less towels, sheets to be laundered.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Caitlin M, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Convention Center Pittsburgh, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you for choosing the Westin Convention Center Pittsburgh. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed so many aspects of your hotel including the Westin Workout facility, green initiatives and food options! It is our mission for our guests to leave the hotel with a positive and lasting impression and we hope we achieved that. We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Be Well, Be Westin
columbus, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We'd never been to Pittsburgh, and I wanted to get a room on a higher floor of a tall hotel so that we'd be able to see the skyline and rivers. I was NOT disappointed by the Westin, which was wonderfully elegant. Although I tried to confirm a room on a higher floor via reservations, I was told it would not be possible to confirm availability through the 888 phone line. I asked someone to email me the day of arrival so that I'd have an idea about whether our request was possible, and Amy Hutchison (not sure if she's on site) promptly responded that it wouldn't be a problem. Sure enough, we had a room on the top (26th) floor. Also, everyone was extremely polite and helpful while we were there. We'll come back.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Caitlin M, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Convention Center Pittsburgh, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you for telling us about your recent trip to Pittsburgh! We hope you enjoyed your first time in the city and were able to take in all the sites from the 26th floor! Amy Hutchison is a prime example of how our staff strives to go above and beyond for each and every one of our guests and we are so pleased you took notice in her efforts! We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the Westin and Pittsburgh in the future.

Be Well, Be Westin!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My experience at the Westin (Convention Center in Pittsburgh) was outstanding. The room quality is what you do expect from the Westin brand...what separates this property is the staff. I was at the hotel for 4-days at a technology conference (yes, yawn here)..I found the staff engaged, friendly and helpful. It was more than a luxury hotel experience; these people appeared to be very interested in ensuring that I was having a good experience at "their hotel". It was more of a hospitality experience than your usual road warrior gig.
From a location vantage, you can't beat this property for access to the convention center and the local river walking trails. It was nice. I felt safe and I definitely felt welcomed.

Room Tip: It was a business trip..I look for a great bed and good shower...the Westin is known for their "...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Caitlin M, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Convention Center Pittsburgh, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Carolann,

We are overjoyed in hearing your delightful comments about our hotel and staff! It truly means a lot and we thank you for that. Our staff strives to go above and beyond for all of your guests and conference attendees and we are thrilled that you took notice in our efforts! Our entire staff would like to thank you and we hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future. Thanks again.

Be Well, Be Westin.
Massillon, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

First time at the property, or any Westin for that matter. Room was very comfortable and had some SPG perks already inside. The pool and the steam room on the 4th floor were also extremely nice to relax in in the afternoon.

The best part of the property is it's location right in the middle of everything you'd want to do in Pittsburgh. We normally are in town for sports and stay on the North Shore, but it was nice to be able to walk down to the strip district and also be able to walk to PNC park. Hotel shuttle will take you there as well as Station Square which is a little longer hike.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing the Westin Convention Center in Pittsburgh! We are energized to hear about your first time experience at our hotel and glad you were not disappointed! We are very lucky to be situated in the heart of the City and happy to hear you took advantage of our prime location. We hope that you come back and visit us again soon.

Be Well, Be Westin.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Exhausted, after a 7 hour drive and a late check-in, I found myself on the same floor as a group of drunken party-goers who were roaming the halls of my floor. Over the course of an hour and a half, I called the front desk night staff 3 times to complain. They did nothing until my fourth phone call, when a security guard finally appeared. The obnoxious noise finally stopped after 3:15 am. Later that morning when I left my room, I encountered other angry guests as they came out of their rooms bleary-eyed.

After complaining in person to the front desk later that morning, the front desk supervisor sent me a note of apology, a half bottle of wine with snacks, and comped my room for my sleepless night. What great customer service! Well done. Now the night staff needs to be trained.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dina G, Front Office Manager at The Westin Convention Center Pittsburgh, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for sharing your experience from the Westin Pittsburgh with us. While we are so very sorry that your stay was first disrupted, we are so glad that the Front Desk Supervisor on duty was able to really turn everything around for you so that you could enjoy the rest of your visit! Rest assured that we will use this experience as a training tool moving forward and also really celebrate the great feedback on our service recovery as well. Hope to see you again soon for another great (and more quiet!) stay!

Been to The Westin Convention Center Pittsburgh? Share your experiences!