“Nice hotel with a great downtown location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Deal
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #28 of 54 hotels in Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Nice hotel with a great downtown location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We recently stayed at the Westin and found it to be a great hotel. The downtown location is great and is in close proximity to a number of restaurants, bars, theaters, and the Strip District. If you don't feel up to walking, the hotel provides a free shuttle service which was really nice on this particular trip due to the cold weather. Our room was quite spacious and provided a view of the Allegheny River and the Strip District. As far as dining options go, the hotel has a great seafood restaurant on the ground floor. Further, we ordered room service pretty late one night, and the food arrived promptly and turned out to be really good. The staff, on all levels, were very friendly and helpful. I would absolutely suggest this hotel to anyone who would like to stay in a nice downtown Pittsburgh hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Becca T, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Convention Center Pittsburgh, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for the kind words about your visit! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay, and thank you for pointing out our dining options in the hotel and our complimentary shuttle service. Please come back to visit with us again soon!

656 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at the Westin several times. I got it through Priceline and I'm always happy to get a 4 star hotel under $100. When I win the bid and I see that I won the Westin, I'm thrilled. It's within walking distance to everything and just a five minute ride on their shuttle or by cab to everything else. The staff are so friendly and helpful. The rooms are large and clean. The beds are so comfy! The bathrooms are big and the shower heads give you a really great shower. The Westin is a great hotel and try their hardest to accommodate you. I highly recommend it!

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Becca T, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Convention Center Pittsburgh, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind review of your stay! We appreciate your recommendation. Please come back to stay with us again soon.

State College, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Check in very easy, prompt service.Easy access to surrounding events and activities. Stayed on the 23rd floor which provided great view of river and skyline. Room was very quiet and clean. Carpet is dated which takes away from overall room quality. Room service after 11 pm is limited.Fitness room is great. Take time to visit the August Wilson Center across the street.

Room Tip: Upper floors 22-26 for better views
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Becca T, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Convention Center Pittsburgh, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for posting a review about your stay. We are thrilled that you had a good experience and that you found our location to be convenient for your events and activities. Please come back to visit us and the August Wilson Center again soon!

Alexandria, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

The Westin is beautiful. The views from upper floors are amazing. As expected the rooms are large and comfortable. The staff were lovely and eager to help. The hallways were noisy...having said that, there was a junior cheerleading event at the convention center, so there were likely more children running around than usual.

There are some aspects of the room that could have been cleaner, ie the sprinkler head and around the minifridge.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for writing about your stay with us. Your comments and feedback are much appreciated. We would love for you to come back to stay with us soon!

Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

I believe I reviewed this hotel last year, but I thought I would update. In fairness, I don't care for this brand, I would way rather stay at the Hampton Inn down the street and enjoy free breakfast, but this is the host hotel for convention center events so I keep coming back. I agree with the fact that front desk/valet/concierge service is very friendly, just mostly totally unnecessary for me. The sweetest man ever brought up my packages from storage for me, I wish I could remember his name to thank him on here as he was very kind and helpful.
The towel smell....it is awful. I smelled it on all of the linens. I think what is it is vinegar?? I am telling myself that it has to do with environmentally friendly cleaning detergent, but I am totally guessing on that. It really smells awful for the first night, but it gets a bit better after that (a very small bit). I do appreciate the green initiatives, like our lights only working with the room key and getting rewarded for not having the room cleaned, but WOW the linens stink.
I also had the previous guest's shaving leftovers hanging out behind my sink. But overall, things were very comfortable and mostly clean. This is convenient for the convention center and several restaurants, it's just not for me.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Stayed here on business. The hotel is nice and the location in handy to walk to other downtown sights and close to the river. The lobby is a bit dated/modern, but feels more high end and the property is clean and well kept. Rooms are basic and nice. We had a view of the river and other high-rises which was nice. The convention center is attached to this hotel and the hotel staff would not let us use their bell cart to haul or display material over to the convention center, so that was kind of a bummer. In the end it was fine but the walk to the convention center is kind of long with heavy boxes.

Pittsburgh was a surprisingly fun city to visit and had a lot to do. Much more than I expected. We were there the weekend before Thanksgiving when they light the bridges and all the Christmas decorations, there was also a huge fireworks show and it was really amazing. I was blown away by the crowd that came down to celebrate, very fun.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Becca T, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Convention Center Pittsburgh, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for posting a review about your stay. We are glad that Pittsburgh was able to exceed your expectations and that you had a fun weekend! There is always something going on in Pittsburgh, and we hope you come back soon to explore more of the city.

Kittanning, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We went to the Westin for my birthday, Groundhog Day and what a treat! No big crowds, only a few people in the pool and hot tub. It was snowing a good bit but it went very well. A good time of the year to go. We got a great rate on Hotwire and got an upgtrade to boot!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing the Westin for your Birthday celebration! We hope you had a wonderful getaway. Please come back to visit us again soon.

Becca

Been to The Westin Convention Center Pittsburgh? Share your experiences!