I was staying here for a conference. It isn't a bad hotel, but I expect more from a Westin.
The hotel and the rooms are nice looking and are perfectly OK, but nothing special. It seemed obvious that there were some things that were newer, and some things (like the little fridge in my room) that were a little older and not top notch. The bed was comfy, the heating/AC worked fine, but the TV remote seemed to be dying.
The best thing about the place is the location, right across the street from the Convention Center, with a walk-way right into the Center.
My biggest complaint is that they "nickel-and-dime" you. The "discounted" rate for the convention was $199 a night. That didn't include breakfast, which was $17 in the hotel restaurant for a very mediocre buffet; it didn't include parking, which was $20 a night for self park ($22 for valet). It did include "standard" wireless Internet access, but that was very slow at times (other times it was OK); to get upgraded (faster) access was an extra $10 a day.
I would recommend finding a better deal at another downtown hotel if you are staying in downtown Pittsburgh.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Convention Center Pittsburgh Hotel
- The Westin Convention Center Pittsburgh Hotel Pittsburgh
- Westin Hotel Pittsburgh
- Westin Pittsburgh
- Pittsburgh Westin
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the center of the business and cultural district, guests at The Westin Convention Center, Pittsburgh have easy access to a variety of local attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Venere, Agoda, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your The Westin Convention Center Pittsburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.