“Great customer Service !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Pittsburgh - McKnight Rd.

You added Hampton Inn Pittsburgh - McKnight Rd. to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Pittsburgh - McKnight Rd.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4575 McKnight Rd, Pittsburgh, PA 15237   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Double Points!
Ranked #14 of 54 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Ohio
“Great customer Service !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

We stayed at this Hampton Inn when visiting a relative in UPMC Passavant. Autumn at the front desk is what GREAT customer service is all about. We had not called ahead but Autumn said she had three rooms available. I had some questions and she volunteered to show me the three rooms that were available. She was so nice the whole time we looked at rooms. I picked a room on the back side of the hotel near the exercise room. The room was spacious and immaculate. It was very quiet and so convenient when we went to work out the next morning. Before I left to go back to the hospital , I asked Autumn for a suggestion for local restaurant that was good . She suggested the Mad Mex. It was delcious and our waiter was great. I had some of the best San Franscisco style tacos ever in a Mexican restaurant . The next morning we used the exercise room. It is small but nice . It has three treadmills, a bike , an eliptical, a universal weight machine , a sit up bench and two tvs. It also was very clean. The free buffet breakfast was fresh and constantly restocked by two attendants. There were free USA Today and Pittsburgh Gazette Newspapers. This hotel was a nice haven after being in an ICU room all day. Depending on where you are going , it can be a little tricky as others have said but once again Autumn gave us a map and directions. She highlighted the map with a yellow highlighter for us we had no trouble at all. We would definitely stay here again when we go back to Pittsburgh.

Room Tip: Our room was on the back side of the hotel near the exercise room . It was very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Fairmont, WV
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

Upon checking in the front desk person appeared to be agitated from dealing with issues resulting from a number of rooms not being serviced for incoming guests. I received my key card and proceeded to take my bags to my room. The door lock did not accept my key card. I went back to the front desk with my bags to get the problem fixed and the desk person said it should be fine now. I went back up to my room and still could not get in. I went back down with my bags yet again and was told they would send maintenance up. I waited a couple minutes and the general manager arrived to open the door with a master key and later received a working key card. I thought everything was fine until I tried to access the internet a couple hours later. I could connnect but it was so slow on their wifi network. I called down and asked where the wired port was located, since the property advertises both options are available in the rooms. I was told that the area that I was in did not have a wired option. I received an apology, but no other king rooms were available for me to be switched.

While the room itself was clean and comfortable, the technology issues at this location left a lot to be desired and caused considerable inconvenience. I hope this was an isolated incident, but be prepared if you choose to stay here.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Cochranton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

Clean rooms. good internet, staff very helpful, alot of places to eat and shop nera by

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Bangor
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

The staff here is really the gem! The hotel is nice and well kept, slightly above the average Hampton. Location is tricky depending on where you are heading but the front desk provides a nice sheet of directions to almost anywhere!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

You need a car for this hotel, and GPS would help! I had both and so finding the hotel was a breeze. It is a nice clean smart business hotel. I didnt spend that long in my room so I cannot say too much. Bit wired that you have to call down to ask for shower cap etc! its a nice place to stay for business.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Waldorf, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

This past weekend, my family had a mini-reunion in North Hills, Pittsburgh, PA. My parents havwe recently moved into an Assisted Living facility near McKnight Road in Pittsburgh, so the Hampton Inn was very convenient. When I booked the room, I was told that there were no more nonsmoking rooms available, and I was given a room in the smoking section. But the desk clerk told me that she would make a note for the desk clerk on duty when I checked in to check at that time to see if any nonsmoking rooms were available. Just as promised, when I checked in, the desk clerk, Jenn, told me that she was checking to see if a nonsmoking room was available. She saw that I had my granchildren with me and that they were anxious to use the pool, so not only did she find us a nonsmoking room, but she found us one very close to the pool!

I have stayed at this hotel before, and the rooms are very clean and the beds, comfortable. They have all the amenities a guest could want or need, including hair dryer, small refrigerator and free internet. The hot breakfast is wonderful, too, and they have two ladies on duty to make sure everything is refilled as needed and fresh as can be.

When I looked at my bill the next morning, I noticed that they had not given me the AARP discount that I was quoted when I made the reservation. I went to the desk and brought it to their attention, and the desk clerk, Autumn, was quick to tell me that it would be corrected when I came back after loading the car, and it was.

Overall, I can't think of a better place to stay, and I will definitely be back next time I am in Pittsburgh, which is pretty regularly now.

Room Tip: If you park to the left of the lobby (looking at the hotel), there is a door that gives easier acces...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Coopersburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

When in Pittsburgh I normally like the Hampton by the strip, but if that is full this is a great replacement. It is located close enough to the city that within minutes you can be downtown. The rooms are always clean, the breakfast is enough to get you moving in the morning, and there are plenty of places to eat if you decide not to go downtown for a meal.

Room Tip: They are all good rooms. I normally have a room on a high floor away from the elevator but really th...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Pittsburgh - McKnight Rd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hampton Inn Pittsburgh - McKnight Rd.

Address: 4575 McKnight Rd, Pittsburgh, PA 15237
Location: United States > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
#4 Family Hotel in Pittsburgh
#12 Romantic Hotel in Pittsburgh
#21 Business Hotel in Pittsburgh
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Hampton Inn Pittsburgh - McKnight Rd. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hilton Hotels, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Inn Pittsburgh - McKnight Rd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hampton Inn Pittsburgh - Mcknight Rd. Hotel Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh Hampton Inn
Hampton Inn Mcknight Rd

If you own or manage Hampton Inn Pittsburgh - McKnight Rd., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.