“Wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 54 Hotels in Pittsburgh
South Berwick, Maine
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

The Priory is a unique property. Clean, quiet, friendly staff in a lovely historic building. Great shuttle service. The neighborhood is 'up and coming' so utilize the shuttle at night. Henry, the shuttle driver is fabulous. Walking distance to the Warhol. Great breakfast and beautiful courtyard for relaxing outside. Highly recommended for adult travelers. Break away from the chain hotels and experience The Priory-you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

The Priory is not your typical hotel...it is much better. Tucked away on the Pittsburgh's North Side, you may not consider staying here at first glance when coming into Pittsburgh. However, I highly recommend it. The hotel rooms are very clean and cozy and the staff goes above and beyond to help their guests. We stayed there for a three day "stay-cation" and were blown away by the entire experience. The Priory has a new little bar on the main floor that is perfect for catching a drink before or after an event and it is conveniently located to many of the North Side's biggest attractions including sports stadiums, museums and even parks. If you are looking for a SPECIAL stay when visiting Pittsburgh, definitely consider the Priory!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Reminded me of a little version of the Drake in Chicago. Monks had been here instead of
Al and the boys. Great rooms and value ...
Breakfast in the morning .. We found this on hotels tonight iPhone app,,, looking for something new. Close to several restaurants and attractions .. Flat screens, wireless, workout center, bakery, and a bar.. It's all right there

• Stayed December 2012
Mamaroneck, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I chose this B and B as I wanted an out-of-the-way place to stay for my nursing conference. The Priory Hotel more than met my expectations. I was within walking distance from a church my father had co-pastored over fifty years previously so it was fun to find it so close by.

I was also able to walk across the Rachel Carson Bridge to my conference at the David Lawrence Conference Center but I mostly chose to use the very convenient Shuttle provided by the Priorty for us whenever we needed it. Herman and Henry were friendly and informative shuttle-drivers! Breakfast was delicious and healthy, with a varied menu and was served by a pleasant and welcoming gentleman. All the staff were helpful and accommodating. I only wish there were more options for healthy snacks in the late afternoon. The vending machine was very limited. The business center was useful for printing my boarding pass in advance the evening before I left.

I loved the historic ambience and the sense of peace and beauty. It is connected to a former church with a significant history. A wedding reception took place one evening in this Grand Hall and the atmosphere surrounding the hotel and courtyard was magical. I look forward to another stay at the Priory Hotel.

Room Tip: My room overlooked the courtyard between the hotel and the Grand Hall. I recommend the view!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

This hotel is nice enough but it was not ideal for me as a business traveler. The person working at the front desk could not answer any questions for me regarding the area or travel to UPMC. There is no restaurant in the hotel and no room service. I found this to be inconvenient. They have a list in the room of places that will deliver food but options are Chinese or Pizza.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
JohnEGraf, Owner at The Priory Hotel, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
I'm glad that this guest did like our property, and I'm very sorry that her experience was that we are not friendly to business travelers. I'm afraid, however, that this review may create a few misperceptions. While we do not have a restaurant, we do have a cozy little bar, the Monks' Bar, which serves a variety of sandwiches, soups, salads and snacks. In addition, our shuttle will take guests, free of charge, to any of the many nearby neighborhood restaurants or to downtown and pick them up on demand. With regard to this guest's experience at the Front Desk, I am not sure what the breakdown in communication was. Our shuttle driver and concierge, Henry (mentioned in a number of reviews) is a lifelong Pittsburgher and font of information. I am sorry that Henry and this guest did not see each other, because I think her experience with the information she sought would have been different.
Northeast Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

We planned a one night get-away to the Pittsburgh area and booked The Priory for several reasons. The hotel had everything we needed to make our stay extra special. It truly EXCEEDED our expectations. We felt so pampered that we booked our next stay the moment we arrived home. It is a unique and special place with a wonderful story. Our room was clean, lovely & quiet. The Priory was exquisitely restored including the room's marble tiled bathroom floors to the beautiful detailed brass hardware on every door of the room. We appreciated the complimentary shuttle to a few of our destinations (thank you Henry). They offer packages that would accommodate many travelers. Every staff member was polite and efficient. The breakfast room was lovely with it's linen covered tables and the continental breakfast was unlike any we have enjoyed. Fresh fruit, meats, pastries (amazing), juices, fantastic coffee and more. We commended the gentleman who did such a nice job. The history and journey to restore this landmark is amazing. We highly recommend a stay at The Priory for anyone wanting a special experience you can not get anywhere else in Pittsburgh~

Room Tip: Our king room was on the interior first floor away from the lobby. Super quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

The staff was friendly and very helpful - took time to help us map out a walking tour of Pittsburgh then took the time to do it again when I lost the map! The room was wonderfully appointed with a very comfortable bed. The location was perfect - close to everything we wanted to do. This will be our first choice every time we visit our sons.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Priory Hotel? Share your experiences!