“Comfortable bed, clean room.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   One Bigelow Square, Pittsburgh, PA 15219   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Extra AAA Discount!
Ranked #18 of 54 Hotels in Pittsburgh
GreenLeadersGold level
Hagerstown
“Comfortable bed, clean room.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

Over all a good hotel choice.
We stopped at the hotel bar in the evening. Met some great people and the bartender was very good and friendly.
There were some noise folks on our hall throughout the night. The only negative was the shuttle, we found it useless, the driver wasn't available when we needed it and doesn't seem to answer to anyone...

• Stayed February 2014
Doubletree P, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Dear MDCB1

Thank you for your reviewing your stay on trip advisor. We are glad you enjoyed your experience at the Bigelow Grille Bar. We are sincerely sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience with the shuttle, we take pride in providing the highest level of service and hopefully you will find it pleasantly useful in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any help for future visits.

pshah@doubletreepgh.com
412-586-1847

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

I stayed here for two nights in January 2014, as I was attending an event at the Consol Energy Center (a mere five-minute walk away). It proved a good choice, and I would happily return.

The double room I stayed in was clean, comfortable and spacious, and the bathroom had a shower/tub combination alongside a separate dressing area: the room was very spacious. Free WiFi was also appreciated.

The hotel also has an extensive restaurant/bar, which I used on several occasions. Additionally, there's a small grocery store that connects to the front of the hotel, which proved handy late at night. It seemed to be a very safe part of town.

My only complaints:

- The air conditioning unit was pretty loud, and it can't be fully de-activated. If you're used to a quiet's night sleep, this will prove very distracting. They sent maintenance up to sort it out for me, but they didn't make any noticeable changes.

- I'd reserved a taxi for the morning of my departure, but it never showed up. I ended up walking over to the Marriott and getting a cab there instead.

That said, it ticked most of the boxes, and I'd definitely look to return if I ever find myself back in Pittsburgh.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Doubletree P, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a tripadvisor review about your stay and this has been passed along to our staff. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our accommodations. Taxi cab service can be difficult in the morning especially when there are a lot of departures to the airport. It is our pleasure to have you stay with us, we hope to see you back Downtown as soon as possible. If I can help you with reservations or any future trips to Pittsburgh please contact me directly at 412-586-1847.

Bryan Bell
Front Desk Manager
bbell@doubletreepgh.com
West Chester, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

The Doubletree Downtown is conveniently situated especially for Amtrak riders. It is elegant but not opulent.

While the restaurant menu is limited, the quality of preparation and presentation is outstanding at all times of day. The recipes are imaginative and tasty. Cocktails are first-rate.

The lobby is Spartan and shabby with well-worn upholstery. Snow removal at the entrance was careless with much ice near hand rails--"no country for old men." Leaving at 0700 was a bit scary, perhaps dangerous.

One of us was appreciative of the king bed; the other hated the tiny pillows. We did not have a view worth viewing. And no one ever came or offered to clean or resupply the room--apparently hotel policy but we were not so informed

The shuttle service is excellent, especially at dinner time.

What we liked best was the courteous and attentive service at the front desk, in the shuttle, but, mostly, in the bar at 10PM--a very thoughtful bartender.

Room Tip: Don't get East-facing room.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to complete a tripadvisor review about your stay and giving us your candid feedback.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our accommodations, restaurant and shuttle. Our restaurant food is made with fresh organic recipes from the area. It is our pleasure to have you stay with us, we hope to see you back Downtown as soon as possible. If I can help you with reservations or any future trips to Pittsburgh please contact me directly at 412-586-1847.

Bryan Bell
Front Desk Manager
bbell@doubletreepgh.com
Reading, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

I was here for business, with the conference located inside the hotel. The staff was excellent and very accommodating. The onsite restaurant had a fantastic breakfast buffet menu! The room was comfortable and laid out well. Shuttle service was to notch which made exploring the downtown areas much easier. The cookies in the lobby were a nice touch.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Doubletree P, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Dear Daniel B,

Thank you for staying with us for your business trip. Your feedback and comments have are greatly appreciated and have been passed along to our staff. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our accommodations, breakfast, and shuttle. The cookies are always a bonus! It is our pleasure to have you stay with us, we hope to see you back Downtown as soon as possible. If I can help you with reservations or any future trips to Pittsburgh please contact me directly at 412-586-1847.

pshah@doubletreepgh.com
Great Falls, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

I highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the downtown Pittsburgh area. The location is excellent and the room was comfortable and very clean. The temperature controls actually worked! Internet access was very good throughout the hotel and the business center was fully equipped. I intend to return to this hotel on my next business trip to Pittsburgh.

Dear Donna W,

Thank you for staying with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Pittsburgh Downtown for your business trip. We are delighted to hear thorough feedback regarding your accommodations at our property. Please do no hesitate to contact me directly if I can be any assistance for future trips or anything at all. I can be reached at 412-586-1847 or pshah@doubletreepgh.com

Charlottesville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Location for this hotel is great, in the middle of downtown. Ideal for business or tourism. We were treated extremely well by Joey at the front desk. Very helpful in assisting with the hotel reservations and dinner suggestions. Was great to be received so well after driving all day through a snowstorm!

• Stayed February 2014
Dear MichelitaM,

Thank you for staying with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Pittsburgh Downtown. We greatly value your loyalty and are extremely pleased by your positive feedback about Joey’s customer service. Joey is a newly appointed team member and already has proven to be an inimitable asset to our hospitality company. His hard work and dedication is highly appreciated and will not go unnoticed. If future travel brings you back to Pittsburgh please do not hesitate to contact me directly as I would be honored to personally assist you with accommodations at our property. We truly hope for the opportunity to serve you again.

york, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

This hotel in the downtown business area failed to meet my expectations. Most business hotels will offer at least a continental breakfast for business travelers. The Bigelow Grille's menu and organic-based food lacks variety and diversity. The hotel is somewhat aged, but that's no excuse for the lack of cleanliness. Would not stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Dear Claudette D,

Thank your for providing feedback about your stay with us. Our team strives to provide the highest level of service and we are sincerely disappointed that your expectations weren’t with our property. If possible I would like the opportunity to personally speak with you to gain more feedback so that we can correct the issues you faced and eliminate them for the future. I can be reached at 412-586-1847 or alternatively pshah@doubletreepgh.com. Thank you for staying with us, and I hope to hear from you in the near future.

Front Office Manager

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown? Share your experiences!