“Great value, convenient downtown location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   One Bigelow Square, Pittsburgh, PA 15219   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
AAA Limited Time 20% Off!
Ranked #21 of 56 Hotels in Pittsburgh
GreenLeadersGold level
Madison, Wisconsin
“Great value, convenient downtown location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I found the spacious suite a great value. Although I was alone, I found the extra space provided a homey and relaxing feeling. The bed and pillows provided a restful night. The cooling worked well but left a slightly dank odor in the room but not bad enough to complain about. The microwave and fridge in the room provide eat or snack in options. The staff were helpful. The restaurant worked great for breakfast. The carpet and furnishings were fine. You get all of this for a very reasonable price. I am picky about my hotel rooms but found this one delightful. The workout facility could use a couple of more pieces of equipment to be comparable to most but overall the facility was fine and the equipment seemed to be in working order.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Korean first
Ventor, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Great location. Could run out of parking and were put off by Parking Lot full sign, even though it wasn't true for hotel guests. A warm cookie upon check in is good, but didn't make up for a cold pool. Hate having to pay for parking and at $20 a day, it's high.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Fairmont, West Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

When in Pittsbugh PA for business or pleasure, I always stay at The DoubleTree Downtown Pittsburgh, I usually enjoy my stays.

I stayed Fiday Night 04/26/2013 for business then a concert. I had called early in the day to request my favorite room and I was told they did not have reservations for me until May, I explained that i had a confirmation, but was told still no reservation, I was given a room (not my favorite, but a smiliar room). I arrived around 4:30 PM and a female and two males were working the desk, the males seemed to chat among themselves, even making personal phones calls while the female appeared to be doing all the work with incoming guests. Finally the female checked me in and I went to my and in the room was not the normal power saver slot for the key card and the thermostat was reading celsius. I imediately called the front desk and and no answer. So i went to the front desk and spoke with one the useless males he first took the power saver card and said, "well i guess you won't need it then." no explanation. I then explained my problem with the thermostat and the response to that was "humpf I have never heard of that before." I finally asked what i needed to do, because i would either roast or freeze since i haven't experience with celsius measures to temperature, He response he didn't know. I return to my room and after a few tries of contacting the desk finally I spoke with someone the had more brains that a fat brained donkey and this person connected me with someone who could help me. I was told someone would be there to help in a short time, well a short time later no help, so my partner, who was becoming uncomfortable with the atmosphere in the room decided he shoould look at the thermostat and attempt to fix it himself, he did finally get it to work and then called the front desk to cancel the service call. We went to our concert and returned to the 16th floor to hear a lot of yeliing and cursing (which offends me) so I told my partner lets step out for something to eat and maybe by then the couple next to the ice machine will have calmed. When walking down the hall the yelling and cursing became worse so as we exited the lobby, I stopped by the from desk and told one the lazy males(the bigger one) about the disturbing noise on the 16th floor and he said he would have it taken care of. Upon our return we went to our floor and immediately heard the yelling a cursing, even though we were around the hall we heard the noise, needless to say, I did not attempt to contact the desk, i figured it would be a waste of time and effort, the next morning was a little better the driver took us to the strip, we had breakfast, shopped and the driver picked us up, although i feel bad, i forgot to tip the driver on the return trip. Oh and we arrived a couple and only received one cookie and then not even an offer of breakfast for all the bother.

Room Tip: 1714 it is a cityview, i love the seeing the city and the fountains and you can also check the traff...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
DoubletreePitt, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. We’re very sorry that you encountered an unacceptable level of service. We do our best to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. We've addressed these issues with our staff and hope that next time you’re in the area, you’ll visit us again and experience a higher level of customer service. Thank you again for your comments.

Stephanie Masullo
Front Office Manager
smasullo@doubletreepgh.com
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I've stayed here twice.
The first time my room was very dated, the furniture and carpets were worn. I was not happy, and it was not a good value.
The second time my check-in lady said she was going to put me in a renovated room. Wow, what a difference. This room was very new and modern; literally nothing was the same as my first stay's room.

I can't believe the difference in value between my two stays.

The pool and fitness center are large and well-equipped!

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room!!!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I blind-booked this hotel through Hotwire meaning that I paid for the hotel before knowing WHICH hotel I was booking (part of the reason it's a blind-book). In the over 18 months I have been traveling to Pittsburgh (son in college) this was HANDS DOWN the best hotel I have stayed in. Better than the Marriot City Center, better than the Cambria Suites and Wyndham.
The staff is friendly and accommodating. My room was huge and clean, it really was and the parking was valet-about $20 a night. The garage was alot easier to go in and out of than at the Marriot. I traveled alone and felt very safe. The hotel restaurant (I didn't have a chance to eat there) appeared to have a real locovore menu!

Overall a real pleasure :)

Room Tip: Request a higher floor (if you are comfortable with that). Make any request a day or so in advance...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Middletown, Ohio, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

The staff at this Doubletree Hotel are wonderful. Everyone from the front desk, to the doorman, to the service staff and catering staff are always willing to help and be flexible. The hotel is a warm place with a good location and nice facilities for business and pleasure.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Northville, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I was in Pittsburgh for aa convention so the hotel was booked to capacity. The service at checkin was very prompt and friendly. Room amenities were as expected and the beds were very comfortable. Wireless internet performance was very good. Breakfast buffet was terrific and my server, "Ashley" was particularly pleasant, efficient and got an early morning of to a tgerrific start.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown? Share your experiences!