“DoubleTree New Year” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown
GreenLeadersGold level
Fairmont, West Virginia
“DoubleTree New Year”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

As i so often do, I chose to stay athe DoubleTree Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown for the New Year events. I really enjoy staying at Doubletree, it is close to the T stop, there is a 7-11 in the lobby, , the the view of downtown is wonderful, and the staff is so friendly. I always stay on 1 of 3 floors that i perfer, in the same numbered room on the floor available. The staff always remembers me and welcomes me like they have missed me. Parking is somewhat costly compared to other locations in the city, but for the convenience and the in and out privileges, the cost is an accepted liability. There is only one thing that distrubs me is, I am there so often and I see guests offered complimentary breakfast or a room upgrade and i am not offer the same recognition for being a loyal customer. I will continue to stay, because i like there and i am comfortable there.

Room Tip: View Of the City, if available
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Korean first
Hinckley, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

While I had a great time in Pittsburgh and the staff at this DoubleTree did a great job, I was left with mixed feelings.
The room size was great but the furnishings were weak, The rather spacious mini-king suites need a small dining table and a couple chairs in all that space so when I order room service I have a place to eat. Or a large recliner?
The bed linens and such were cozy and inviting but the worn mattress/box spring sucked us to the middle like vacuum, its shot in room 1819. I'm told that the rooms from the 15th thru 18th floor were newly renovated.
While the pool looked refreshing, it was uncomfortably cold, and I wasn't the only guest that thought so; not good after an evening out on the town in the winter.
The highlights: This DoubleTree recognizes the value of quality service and did a good job showing it. The free local shuttle service is fabulous. Thank you Jason and others. The front desk staff was courteous and attentive. The hotel is clean and quiet even on a Steelers/Browns weekend.
As always the cookies were excellent.
What brought me down on this trip is that I tore my Columbia ski jacket sleeve on a screw and shard of metal protruding from a corner molding in the parking lot hallway to the lobby elevator...I fixed the screw so it wouldn't happen to another but am left with a torn coat.
Will I stay here again? Not sure yet but will update the review after I've had time to digest the stay.

Room Tip: No hot tub in the pool area to warm up. Parking cost $25 a night. If you can find a cheap lot a coup...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

This was my second time staying at the DoubleTree Downtown Pittsburgh Hotel. I love the lobby and the decor and who doesn't enjoy being greeted with a warm chocolate chip cookie?! I booked using a "Hotwire Hot Rate Hotel" and got a great deal. Unfortunately, when I arrived I was informed that the hotel was full. They did have a nice, clean room on the 9th floor, which they don't usually offer since it's not remodeled like all their other rooms. It didn't have all the bells and whistles, but the bed was just as comfortable and I actually liked staying in the room better because it was like a step back in time. There was an old pedestal sink in my bathroom and the closet had unique compartments. The manager apologized and offered to refund the price I paid on Hotwire and still gave me a voucher to come back for free next summer! Talk about taking care of the guest! I'm looking forward to returning to Pittsburgh in 2013 and can almost smell the fresh chocolate chip cookies right now!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
DoubletreePitt, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. When you return to Pittsburgh in the upcoming year we will be excited for you to see one of our newly renovated, bright, and trendy guest rooms. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay and I happy that we could take care of all your needs. We will be looking forward to seeing you in the future and there will be plenty of fresh Doubletree chocolate cookies waiting for you!!

Sincerley,
Krystal Starosielec
Front Desk Manager
kstarosielec@Doubletreepgh.com
412-581-5800
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Recently took a trip to Pittsburgh and elected to stay downtown so we could explore the city on foot. The Hilton was an excellent choice as it turns out. The staff is very courteous, check in and out a breeze, and the concierge service was first rate. More than that, the room was clean and comfortable, and for the most part, quiet. The hotel is located in the heart of the famous Point, so getting around was easy as well. I highly recommend the hotel to my friends and family. We were celebrating an anniversary and were treated like royalty. It is also family friendly and is one of the few hotels with a swimming pool.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
DoubletreePitt, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this review, December 25, 2012
Dear Dickdemart,
We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share such great feedback about your recent stay with us. Thank you for the kind comments about our hotel staff. I will personally let them know about their outstanding performance from check in at the front desk to cleanliness of the guest rooms. I am glad you got the time to adventure out into the city and were treated well on your anniversary. Thank you again for choosing the Doubletree by Hilton Downtown Pittsburgh Hotel & Suites and we look forward to seeing you in the near future!

Krystal Starosielec
Front Desk Manager
Kstarosielec@Doubletreepgh.com
(412) 281-5800
Columbus, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

My sister and I had the opportunity to meet in Pittsburgh for the weekend. When we arrived at the hotel, Travis the parking attendant was friendly and attentive. He assisted in navigating my direction-challenged sister around the blocks to the parking garage. The friendliness stopped there. We were asked if we'd be getting the car out later, and we said yes- probably several times. Then at check in- the agent asked our names very loudly, and when I said "Wait a second", he asked again. I stopped looking for my credit card and said, "I don't state my name on check-in because I've been followed to hotel rooms." He appeared frustrated, and asked again for my name so loudly, that others looked. Now, isn't it standard protocol, that when women (or men, for that matter) are traveling, that their names are not announced? Well, this guy wasn't getting it. Rude.
He basically tossed our keys across the counter and announced that our room was on the 15th floor, odd numbered rooms are to the right. Nice.
Now we brought our stuff up to the room. Needed to do some scrapbooking for a sibling's Birthday gift. So after about an hour, we needed to get the car. We called down to the garage and asked what floor do we go to to get our car. The attendant mumbled an expletive under his breath, like it was a huge bother to him. We just figured at that point, he lost any tip we might be looking to hand out.
The next morning, we needed to go out again, and I asked the attendant if the guy was having a bad day. He said, that he got called in, and was unhappy about it,... Nice. So we brought back happy face cookies from an awesome bakery to cheer them up. No thank you, no nothing. No additional tip, either.
So the rest of the weekend we felt like we were truly bothering the parking guys whenever we got the car. Oh well.
The hotel was nice, great location, nicely decorated.
Just kinda rude....

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
DoubletreePitt, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Ohiomom,
Thank you for completing a review of your recent experience at the DoubleTree By Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown. As we discussed privately, i have addressed your concerns and sincerely apologize for the negative impression.

I look forward to meeting you soon!

England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Final report on a 3 Hotel Thanksgiving Trip..I stayed 2 nights on the Monday and Tuesday before thanksgiving before going over to Johnstown Pa and found this a pleasant Hotel that is worthy of being up to Hilton Standards.Breakfast buffet is reasonably priced and good value & the hotel location is good,with a "T" Station across the road & handy for the Consol Center( Hockey and Events arena)..The room was average size but tastefully decorated with good comfortable beds and I could not fault,nor for that matter the cleaning service,and the hotel offers free local calls..I liked the Business Centre as it had free internet access and I do not like carrying or bringing my laptop PC from the UK.,though the Hotel offers free internet use in the rooms.Overall this is a place I would recommend and the front desk were very efficient,even informing me by e-mail a few days before checking in that I did not need to confirm my reservation..Check in and out was smooth and for those none drivers in the USA there was a shuttle advertised on the Hotels TV offering a one way $24 ride per person to the airport( Taxi's costing more than twice that ).The Hotel though offers a free shuttle service within the Downtown zone also .For the economy minded there is a convenience 711 store as part of the Hotel building.Hard to find any faults but the drop off / pick up outside the main door is often full and I had to be collected round the corner,which is on a very busy meter parking street..many thanks an recommended.

Room Tip: I had a 5th floor room facing the old Mellon Arena area which was OK as it's now a parking lot a...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
DoubletreePitt, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Hi Keith,
We truly appreciate you taking a moment to share your DoubleTree By Hilton Pittsburgh experience. It is always wonderful to hear that our team members are providing excellant guest service and making our hotel a home away from home for our guests.

Happy Holidays from all at the DoubleTree By Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown!

Wilmington, DE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

This hotel is perfect if you are downtown. The room was great and location. The hotel will shuttle you to nearby places. The hotel was very clean. The only problem that we had was entering the garage. One night it took over 25 minutes to check in Not sure the problem however this did not ruin our time in Pittsburgh. Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012
DoubletreePitt, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear Dave,
Many thanks for completing a review of your experience at the DoubleTree By Hilton Pittsburgh. As a top contributor to tripadvisor.com, we value your feedback and comments. We apologize for the delay in getting into our garage and will review our procedures to see what we can do to expedite the arrival process. There are a number of self parking garages surrounding the hotel that are less expensive should you not require the use of your vehicle while at the hotel. Feel free to contact me directly should you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks again

412-586-1866

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown? Share your experiences!