“Good hotel for an overnight” 4 of 5 stars

Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #29 of 54 hotels in Pittsburgh
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
“Good hotel for an overnight”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed at the Hyatt Place Pittsburgh Airport for a single night on the way to business. I chose the hotel based on it's convenient location and because I am a Hyatt Gold Passport member. The room was very spacious and met my needs for cleanliness and comfort. I did not take advantage of the airport shuttle service, so I cannot comment on that. Breakfast was typical for a Hyatt Place property-- eggs, a meat, and a breakfast sandwich, along with fruit cocktail and carb bar. Since I was late in arriving and hadn't had dinner yet, I took advantage of the cafe on site. It's not a full service restaurant, but convenient for me looking for a quick bite late. The nachos were far from gourmet, but were plenty good. I wouldn't plan to have dinner at the cafe-- but it met the need of a hungry and tired travel.

Only complaint was with the operational knowledge of the staff. I specifically requested that my stay be credited as airline miles rather than Gold Passport points. This is a common request and the way that Hyatt manages giving points for their partners (as opposed to other brands, which credit automatically based upon your selected preferences). After being told that they no longer offered this service (which, for the record, is not true), I figured that I would have more luck with the check-out agent. He took my airline rewards number and input it, but clearly did not do this correctly, since the points were incorrectly applied to my Hyatt account and not the airline rewards account. Not a big deal, but it did require me to spend 10 minutes on the phone with Hyatt customer service afterwards to get it squared away.

I'd stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

173 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed there one evening as we broke up a long road trip into two days. The desk clerks were efficient and friendly at check in and helped point out local places to eat dinner. The room was large and clean. The wireless connection was solid and fast. Beds were comfortable. Breakfast (included in the room rate) was readily available in the morning and featured a good selection of food. We paid $125.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Elkins, WV
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Ok- so the hotel itself is great with fantastic rooms. Spotless. Great beds. Don't expect to park here unless you book the park and fly from the hyatt site.

I paid a little more to stay at this hotel because it got such great reviews, but also because I expected to be able to leave my care there LIKE EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THE OTHER HOTELS THAT I HAVE EVER STAYED IN NEAR THE PIT AIRPORT.
THE BAD- and this may be biased because I had a super long day on the road before this stay.
I booked through http://hotels.com which featured free parking and airport shuttle. The free parking is ONLY for the night you stay there. No keeping your car here while out of town unless you pick the park and fly option through the hyatt site. This was not so nicely told to me at 10pm by a snooty little red head who then just stared at my very tired road worn self as I processed...... After I stared blankly at her for a minute trying to process this, she just went back to putting the info for the room together and ignoring me. As I just stood there, I finally asked if there was a way I could pay to park there for the week to which she replied (very well rehearsed reply by the way) that no, there was no way to change it or upgrade to add parking.
After staring for a few more seconds at the top of her head after she went immediately back to ignoring me and putting the room keys together) I asked what people who were in my situation did when they came to this hotel expecting to park, shuttle, and fly- since her answer was so clearly rehearsed I was sure it was a very common event that someone showed up in my position. She replied that I would have to drive to the airport and park (extended is $8/day she quoted without a pause) or one of the other parking areas and be shuttled over....
With very bleary eyes, I put my hand to my face and lowered my head ( I think I muttered Oh [--] or something like that) she then pushed the room key in their packet below my face and told me where my room was and walked off.

I should be more positive and say that at least she answered my question. But I was so angry with her attitude that even when i saw the truly amazing room, I had already decided that I will not be staying here again. There are plenty of park and fly hotels with truly friendly staff.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Markham, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I found this Hyatt online when I was looking for hotels close to the First Niagara Pavillion as we were attending a concert there. I found the hotel to have very convenient access to major highways and good restaurants and shopping. The staff at the front desk could not be more helpful or friendly. The room was large and comfortable and the complimentary breakfast was good. Wifi in the room was also very convenient. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the Pittsburgh area!

Room Tip: Stayed on the 6th floor (top) and found it be very quiet. Could not hear any airplane traffic noise...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Erie, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

Do not stay here!! Quote one price and charge another!! Reservation did not match another site price. Manager lies and says they don't match prices. Maybe he should look at Hyatts website!! Said he would check the reservation and get back to me. Never called. Then wouldn't answer calls. Funny my friend got the lower rate when she booked 5 min after me. Stains on bedspreads!! Don't stay here!!!

• Stayed July 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

My sisters and I were going on an Alaskan cruise, so we stayed here because of the early shuttle to the airport . Free parking was provided if you took the shuttle. Check in was fast, room very clean and well decorated. Ice was found another gloor and the cafe that was advertised was closed and we needed to travel to eat.
The shuttle which was to leave at 4am didn't leave until 335 after the driver finished his coffee and conversation with other employees. The worst part was when we returned from Alaska at 12:30 and called the hotel and was told the shuttle which was always available could not come until 4:a.m. So we were stranded believe it or not Yellow cab will not come to the airport after 12;00! When back at hotel there was a very noisy party next door when complained to desk x2 they just ignored the problem.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Hermitage, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

My fiance and I stay at the Hyatt Place Pittsburgh quite a few times throughout the year, usually for a weekend getaway. This is our favorite hotel that we have ever stayed at and recommend it, as well as other Hyatt Place's, all the time!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt Place Pittsburgh/Airport? Share your experiences!