“Great Staff! comfy stay” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #41 of 54 Hotels in Pittsburgh
“Great Staff! comfy stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

I went apartment hunting with my friend. We stayed there for 3 days.
We called the Hotel from the airport and had a complementary shuttle pick us up to take us to the airport. When we arrived, they gave us a room that had not yet been cleaned. We called down stairs and right away they switched us to a clean room. The room was in great conditions, small kitchenette came in handy for storing snacks and warming up left over food.
T.V has a variety of channels to watch.

Continental breakfast is served daily: fruit, oatmeal, waffles, bread, juice, coffee, etc.

There bus stop is right outside the hotel, we caught the bus to visit the shopping center near by.

Right before we left, I was unable to find my tablet. We had a plane to catch but I left all my info at the front desk. The manager was gracious enough to call me to let me know they did a full search of the room and were unable to find it. Luckily my friend had packed it with all her paper work! Found it after we arrived home.

We had a great stay, the whole staff was super friendly. Definitely recommend it!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Erie, Pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

This was a last minute decision to say at this hotel, since I was going to be leaving my car at the airport. I call the hotel and inquired about leaving my car while on vacation and they said it would be fine, basically this hotel cost me $20.00 considering what I would have paid to park my car at the airport. The staff was very friendly, the room (2 doubles) was quite large. Beds weren't the most comfortable but that was ok. We shuttled off to the airport at 4:45 AM, called the hotel when we return and they took us right to our car. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Our room was in the back, second floor. Very quiet
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

I'll admit I was a bit weary of staying here after reading some of these reviews but I would not hesitate to stay here again! Our check-in was quick and we signed up for the morning airport shuttle without issue. Both the evening and night staff were very helpful. The room was basic but was exactly what we needed- a decent place to stay one night and park our car for the week! I didn't have any problems with noise or bugs (I always check for bugs) that other reviewers had. The room had all the usual amenities and in addition was equipped with a kitchenette. It was nice to have a refrigerator to keep some snacks in as we were leaving very early before the breakfast. The only two "cons" I noticed were 1. A small patch in the ceiling above the shower and, 2. The bathroom faucet leaked a bit if turned on full blast. There was plenty of room in the bathroom and the hair dryer was adequate.The morning airport shuttle was quick and efficient, as was the return.
Overall, I had no complaints. We would definitely stay here again if we find ourselves in Pittsburgh!

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to snow plow noise, a room facing away from the parking lot may be a good choic...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Altoona, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

They tout this as an extended stay stay hotel . Neither of the stove burners worked. There were stink bugs everywhere, including a dead one inside a pillow in the bed! Was to be a smoking room, had to ask for an ashtray. The drawer with silverware was dirty. The hair dryer didn't work but staff brought one that did. The breakfast was typical, waffles, hard boiled eggs, muffins, nothing special. Staff was friendly and accommodating. Wouldn't want to be there for more than one night!

• Stayed January 2014
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at MainStay Suites Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
salp214,
Thank you for writing and bringing your concerns to my attention. I sincerely apologize for the areas we fell short of meeting your expectations. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are sorry for the inconveniences you experienced. Please know your satisfaction is our highest priority and improvements will be made to ensure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope you will return to see our improvements.

Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

my wife and I have stayed here on a number of occasions. the location is great, only 1 exit down from all the shopping and dining that one could ask for. the breakfast is ok, waffle maker, donuts, etc. oatmeal was included this time but one of those traveling with my wife and I tried it and said it was only so-so. the biggest disappointment was that the volume did not work on at least 25% of the tv channels. i mentioned it at checkout an they said they were working on it, but did not say when the issue might be resolved. the kitchens are a bit scarce on dishes. overall a decent place to stay, but temper your expectations for a good experience, not a great one.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at MainStay Suites Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Jonathan K,
Thank you for your review and continued patronage with us at MainStay Suites Pittsburgh Airport. We appreciate your feedback on opportunities for improvement and sincerely apologize that we were unable to exceed your expectations. Please know I have addressed your valuable comments with our staff in order to make improvements and provide a more positive stay. We value you as our guest and we hope you'll visit us again soon. Thank you once again for writing.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

There cleaning is terrible, Half *** everything. Don’t scrub carpets. Room service is crap, Polite workers but poor housekeeping. Main issue is they don’t clean their coffee pots, AT ALL. THE MOST USED THINGS HERE.

Room Tip: best quite rooms are 2nd floor right wing. 3rd floor is party central as well as 2nd floor left wing...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at MainStay Suites Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
A N,
Thank you for sharing feedback. I sincerely apologize that the cleanliness of your accommodations was not met with our excellence in service. I have discussed this review with our housekeeping staff in order to make improvements and heighten our awareness of such issues. We value you as our guest, and hope to have you stay with us again. Thanks again for writing a review.

Williamswood
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

The staff was friendly enough, nice to have a kitchen, but the rooms are looking tired, carpets and curtains need to be changed out, cupboards need a facelift. Although there were pots, pans dishes, there was no cutlery in my room, which seems odd. The bed was hard as a rock. Breakfast was not up to the usual choice hotel standard, but the hotel was quiet, halls were clean. Overall, it was not awful, but there was nothing that makes me want to go back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at MainStay Suites Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
oldfriend36,
Thank you for writing. We always appreciate hearing from our guests, especially in identifying ways we can improve our guest experience. I sincerely apologize for the areas we fell short of meeting your expectations. I assure you that we will take your comments into consideration to improve our property. We value you as our guest and hope you'll give us an opportunity to provide a more positive experience in the future. Thank you again for writing.

Bill Walsh, General Manager

Been to MainStay Suites Pittsburgh Airport? Share your experiences!