“Befor Vacation Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 56 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Erie, Pa
“Befor Vacation Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

This was a last minute decision to say at this hotel, since I was going to be leaving my car at the airport. I call the hotel and inquired about leaving my car while on vacation and they said it would be fine, basically this hotel cost me $20.00 considering what I would have paid to park my car at the airport. The staff was very friendly, the room (2 doubles) was quite large. Beds weren't the most comfortable but that was ok. We shuttled off to the airport at 4:45 AM, called the hotel when we return and they took us right to our car. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Our room was in the back, second floor. Very quiet
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

I'll admit I was a bit weary of staying here after reading some of these reviews but I would not hesitate to stay here again! Our check-in was quick and we signed up for the morning airport shuttle without issue. Both the evening and night staff were very helpful. The room was basic but was exactly what we needed- a decent place to stay one night and park our car for the week! I didn't have any problems with noise or bugs (I always check for bugs) that other reviewers had. The room had all the usual amenities and in addition was equipped with a kitchenette. It was nice to have a refrigerator to keep some snacks in as we were leaving very early before the breakfast. The only two "cons" I noticed were 1. A small patch in the ceiling above the shower and, 2. The bathroom faucet leaked a bit if turned on full blast. There was plenty of room in the bathroom and the hair dryer was adequate.The morning airport shuttle was quick and efficient, as was the return.
Overall, I had no complaints. We would definitely stay here again if we find ourselves in Pittsburgh!

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to snow plow noise, a room facing away from the parking lot may be a good choic...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Altoona, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

They tout this as an extended stay stay hotel . Neither of the stove burners worked. There were stink bugs everywhere, including a dead one inside a pillow in the bed! Was to be a smoking room, had to ask for an ashtray. The drawer with silverware was dirty. The hair dryer didn't work but staff brought one that did. The breakfast was typical, waffles, hard boiled eggs, muffins, nothing special. Staff was friendly and accommodating. Wouldn't want to be there for more than one night!

• Stayed January 2014
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at MainStay Suites Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
salp214,
Thank you for writing and bringing your concerns to my attention. I sincerely apologize for the areas we fell short of meeting your expectations. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are sorry for the inconveniences you experienced. Please know your satisfaction is our highest priority and improvements will be made to ensure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope you will return to see our improvements.

Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

my wife and I have stayed here on a number of occasions. the location is great, only 1 exit down from all the shopping and dining that one could ask for. the breakfast is ok, waffle maker, donuts, etc. oatmeal was included this time but one of those traveling with my wife and I tried it and said it was only so-so. the biggest disappointment was that the volume did not work on at least 25% of the tv channels. i mentioned it at checkout an they said they were working on it, but did not say when the issue might be resolved. the kitchens are a bit scarce on dishes. overall a decent place to stay, but temper your expectations for a good experience, not a great one.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at MainStay Suites Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Jonathan K,
Thank you for your review and continued patronage with us at MainStay Suites Pittsburgh Airport. We appreciate your feedback on opportunities for improvement and sincerely apologize that we were unable to exceed your expectations. Please know I have addressed your valuable comments with our staff in order to make improvements and provide a more positive stay. We value you as our guest and we hope you'll visit us again soon. Thank you once again for writing.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

There cleaning is terrible, Half *** everything. Don’t scrub carpets. Room service is crap, Polite workers but poor housekeeping. Main issue is they don’t clean their coffee pots, AT ALL. THE MOST USED THINGS HERE.

Room Tip: best quite rooms are 2nd floor right wing. 3rd floor is party central as well as 2nd floor left wing...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at MainStay Suites Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
A N,
Thank you for sharing feedback. I sincerely apologize that the cleanliness of your accommodations was not met with our excellence in service. I have discussed this review with our housekeeping staff in order to make improvements and heighten our awareness of such issues. We value you as our guest, and hope to have you stay with us again. Thanks again for writing a review.

Williamswood
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

The staff was friendly enough, nice to have a kitchen, but the rooms are looking tired, carpets and curtains need to be changed out, cupboards need a facelift. Although there were pots, pans dishes, there was no cutlery in my room, which seems odd. The bed was hard as a rock. Breakfast was not up to the usual choice hotel standard, but the hotel was quiet, halls were clean. Overall, it was not awful, but there was nothing that makes me want to go back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at MainStay Suites Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
oldfriend36,
Thank you for writing. We always appreciate hearing from our guests, especially in identifying ways we can improve our guest experience. I sincerely apologize for the areas we fell short of meeting your expectations. I assure you that we will take your comments into consideration to improve our property. We value you as our guest and hope you'll give us an opportunity to provide a more positive experience in the future. Thank you again for writing.

JACKSON
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I should have known better than to stay here based upon the not so great reviews on here but thought we would chance it because it was the "cheapest" place to stay for free with our Choice Hotel Points. As we pull into the parking lot approximately 9:00 p.m. on a Wednesday night, we find absolutely no parking spaces available. There are many trailers with ATV's on them unhooked taking up more spaces. Even if these extra vehicles were not there, I do not believe that there is ample parking for this hotel. Further, the back door by the hotel (which doesn't even have a convenient sidewalk) is up a steep hill and not even usable. After we finally found someone to help us in the office to check in we had to park clear on the other side of the building in a creative space hoping our car would be safe for the night. The resident cat in the lobby and the breakfast area was wonderful for my friend with cat allergies.

Upon hiking to our room, we enter and it smells dingy, musty and smokey even though it is supposed to be smoke-free. With asthma, I kept my inhaler close by at all times. The beds were uncomfortable with them sinking towards the center and we had 4 registered people in our party and we were only given 2 towels. Called the front desk twice and was unable to get anyone to answer. Fortunately we had brought our own towels in case of rain. There is no pool at the hotel but there is a basketball court right up next to the building. I would have hated to have had a room next to the court and had to listen to thumping all the time. The kitchen was useless as there were no supplies in them and there was not an ice maker available to guests. When questioned about ice, the response was that there was an ice maker in our room which was turned off so ice does not sit in the freezer. I understand that concept, but an ice maker should still be available to guests. A lady did fill our ice bucket in the morning for us for our small cooler.

Breakfast was a nightmare. The eggs seemed like they were made a week ago and rubbery is an understatement. The waffle maker burnt the waffles to a crisp way before the timer went off. The manager tried to cool it down with a spray and a towel, (so sanitary) but that was pointless because it still was way overheated. Apparently they did not have a back up plan for a broken waffle maker because they failed to provide another one. We ended up going down the road for breakfast. When I went to use the printer in the hallway, there was no paper in the printer and I had to go, yet again, and attempt to track down an employee for paper. The computer area was a little counter in the hall where you sat in the middle of the hall to use. What an awkward location for a computer.

This was the most stressful stay at a hotel I have ever encountered. Every task I went to do from check in to check out was a struggle. I would have expected it to be much better quality since it was more of an extended stay hotel. I could not imagine staying more than one night in this place. One night, was one night too many.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel and save yourself the trouble and stress.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at MainStay Suites Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
D H,
Thank you for sharing a review. We sincerely apologize that we were unable to provide you with the exceptional stay you've come to expect from us. These details definitely do make a trip and we regret we missed the mark during your trip. Your feedback provides many areas that we can work on in order to improve our guest experience. We appreciate your feedback on these areas and hope you will return and see our improvements. Thank you again.

Bill Walsh, General Manager

Been to MainStay Suites Pittsburgh Airport? Share your experiences!