“Good place to put your car” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #40 of 56 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Western Pennsylvania
“Good place to put your car”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

This is similar to other hotels that cater to longer-term guests, but it has a remarkable deal to store your car for up to 30 days, shuttle you to and from the Pittsburgh Airport, keep you overnight and give you breakfast. Accommodations are pleasant, with full kitchen and an attractive patio with umbrella tables. Should work well for families. Our unit had a queen bed and a pull-out sofa bed. Away from traffic noise. Well-managed. Prompt shuttle service.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, Manager at MainStay Suites Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Ernest58,

Thank you for your review. We’re glad you enjoyed your stay with us at MainStay Suites and liked our accommodations. I’m glad to hear we provided a comfortable stay for you as well as a nice breakfast and prompt shuttle service. We hope you’ll be a regular guest of ours and we’ll see you again soon.

Doug Martin, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Delaware
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We booked this hotel mainly for the kitchen as we prefer to cook as many meals as possible. The hotel has some very nice features-full size refrigerator, 2 burner stove, dishwasher, nice linens, nice flat panel TV & the staff is great. However, this hotel needs some help to make it the great place it could be. The kitchen was poorly stocked-there was a small coffee pot with no handle, therefore it could not be used. The girl at the front desk said the hotel was fully booked & didn't know if she could find another one-but she did find us one. There was one small frying pan-nothing else to cook with. There were 2 salad plates, one small bowl, 2 small cups, 2 small glasses & enough silverware for one or two. There was one pack of dishwasher soap-not enough for 3 days & no dish soap to wash dishes by hand. The ice maker did not work & the hotel has no ice machine. The ice we bought melted in the freezer part of the refrigerator. There is no table or chairs for eating. It had a small counter with a computer hook up with a computer chair, so that could not be used to eat-there were no other chairs. We had to sit on the sofa & use the two small tables in front of it. There was a light in the kitchen area & a lamp on the counter at the computer hook up but no other lamps-none in the sofa area or in the bed area. The rug was BADLY stained-perhaps from pets since it's a "pet friendly" hotel? It is a VERY noisy hotel-you can clearly hear voices coming from both inside & outside. With a few adjustments this COULD be a great place.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, Manager at MainStay Suites Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
11pooka11,

Thank you for staying with us at MainStay Suites. We like to hear from our guests on TripAdvisor and review each posting carefully. We will review your valuable feedback with our housekeeping staff as a means to improve our services. We hope you will return and stay with us again soon.

Best regards,
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

This hotel has the best staff I have ever seen. Everyone from housekeeping to Manager has went out of their way to satisfy every request and question. They interact with every quest and before you leave your like family. Very nice,clean hotel but rooms are out dated and breakfast is sub par compared to other Main Stay Suites. A full renovation is supposed to take place soon but as for friendly staff, quick shuttle service, close to airport and clean place to stay this is it. The manager and Paige were the best.

Room Tip: All rooms are pretty much the same regardless wall between living room and bedroom. depends if you h...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
222Traveler222,

Thank you for taking a moment and writing about your stay with us on TripAdvisor. We greatly appreciate your wonderful compliments about our staff. It’s nice to hear that we make you feel like family before you leave. I’ll let Paige know of your kind words about her and make sure she receives a special commendation for her outstanding work. We hope to see you again at MainStay Suites.

Best regards,
Niles, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

I have stayed here several times before flying out early in the morning, both solo and with spouse. Staff has always been friendly and transportation to/from airport has been great. Although it is not a high end hotel, our rooms have always been clean and tidy and suit our purpose before an early flight out. They do have long term students/workers etc... who I am sure cause great wear and tear on a room, but so far I have not had any complaints or problems. Breakfast is not the greatest, pretty much out of box type of stuff.

Room Tip: Ask to be placed away from students.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, Manager at MainStay Suites Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
CAT_AJM I’m pleased to hear you are a repeat guest and always find our hotel in good shape and our staff welcoming. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and recommendation, we appreciate all comments. It’s our guests suggestions that can truly make us a better property. I’ll look into what variations we can make to our breakfast, we want our guests happy with everything!

Warmest regards,
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I was assigned by my employer, on a temporary basis, to the Pittsburgh area. "Temporary" now has evolved into a three year stay and counting. I chose to reside at Mainstay due to the fact that the room was a mini-suite with all the conveniences I required at the time. It had a "homey" atmosphere with a staff that went out of their way to see that I was comfortable. The staff has been more than accommodating over the term of my residence; my room is adequately maintained; and there is never an instance where I request assistance that my request is not acted on promptly. The facility is beginning to show wear from the guest traffic over the three years I've been a resident, and knowing the organization that manages the facility I can't imagine that upgrades are in the budget. If you're looking for a facility to accommodate your longer term needs I suggest one consider the Mainstay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at MainStay Suites Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Thank you Don D for taking the time to write such a thorough review and recommending us to Trip Advisor users. Perhaps the biggest compliment is your lengthy stay; I’m very glad your experience here has been enjoyable. I’m pleased you’ve found our property well maintained and our guest service friendly and prompt. We work hard to make each guest feel welcome! I’ll make sure to pass along your positive comments to the team. We’re glad to have you.
Regards,
Delaware
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

The hotel was beautiful on the outside, but we were extremely disappointed with the entire experience once we stepped inside. The staff was friendly and checked us in & we went up to our room. We walked in and it was a complete mess...food everywhere, beds unmade, bathroom disgusting. We went back downstairs and were given a different room. This room smelled horrible and if you have read any of my other posts, the smell of a place is important to me. It smelled like an old sock. My husband was excited to see that they had a half size basketball court but when they gave us the ball to play it was flat...Also the parking lot was being paved and they had a shuttle come pick us up in a business parking lot 5 minutes away. We should have walked as it took over 20 minutes for the shuttle to come pick us up. Breakfast was also not up to par...very disappointed with our stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at MainStay Suites Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Thanks jlpusey04 for your candid review. We appreciate hearing from you and taking the time to share your comments. All feedback is valuable to us so that we can perfect our guests’ experiences. Thank you for bringing your concerns to my attention. I will be looking into this further. Your business is important to us and we hope to see you again.

Hot Springs, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

I booked on-line with ChoiceHotels.com. The website made a mistake and booked me three rooms instead of one. It took well over an hour to get ChoiceHotels to fix the problem. They wanted to charge me for all three. The guy on their 800 number told me I should "never book a hotel at choicehotels.com, but that I should phone them. The gal at the front desk was amazing. She took well over an hour to make the proper contact with the right people at choice hotels to fix the problem.
The hotel will be my first choice when I fly through Pittsburgh. Economical, comfortable, and includes breakfast.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at MainStay Suites Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Thanks GoYeGuy for your review and recommendation! We appreciate you choosing the Mainstay Suites Pittsburgh for your business needs and would like to apologize for the online booking issues. I will follow up with Choice Hotels regarding this problem.

We greatly appreciate your patronage and are so pleased we’re your 1st choice when flying through Pittsburgh! We look forward to being of service the next time you are in the area!

Yours truly,
Doug Martin, General Manager

Been to MainStay Suites Pittsburgh Airport? Share your experiences!