“Room Review” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilltop Inn PIttsburgh

You added Hilltop Inn PIttsburgh to your Saves list
Hilltop Inn PIttsburgh
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   100 Kisow Dr., Pittsburgh, PA 15205 (Formerly Travelodge Pittsburgh)   |
Ranked #45 of 54 Hotels in Pittsburgh
PARKERSBURG
“Room Review”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Location and price per night was good. What I didn't like was that our room had to alarm clock in it and the filter in the air conditioner was completely dirty and gross and to be removed just for the air to blow put into the room and cool it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I booked online at the Wyndham Website, during my first attempt to submit the reservation the page would not load, so I stopped and refreshed the page... Second attempt worked and I received one and only one confirmation email... I arrive at the hotel, told the gentleman at the front desk my name and he thought that I had 2 reservations... I explained the situation to him, and he went on and on for at least 5 minutes seemingly trying to rent me 2 rooms!

I finally get my one room, and oh my goodness... the stains on the carpet were horrible... the walls were all patched up... the room was not exactly that fresh smelling... and the bath tub / shower was really odd, the drain was at the edge where you step into the tub at the center, so if you move around in the tub while taking a shower (like I'm sure most people do), you will eventually stub your toe on the drain that sticks up, it was the first time I've ever seen such a set up.

When I drove around the back of the Hotel in the morning to leave, I noticed a pile of material stacked up, maybe to do renovations? The check out was somewhat odd, normally you are given an 8.5 X 11 sheet of paper as your receipt, instead I was told "okay you're good to go" from the lady behind the counter... When I asked for a receipt, she looked at her computer with a puzzled look and asked how I paid, I told her Visa, she asked if I got the receipt from that, I said yes... It sounded like it was going to be a big ordeal to print up a proper receipt, so I just told her it's okay and I left.

I usually don't stay in Pittsburgh, but if I was to again, this would not be the place to stay!

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights and honestly am shocked to still be alive. Looked like something off of a horror movie. Blood in the bathroom floor. Awful stains all over the walls. Mattresses stacked up outside. Completely disgusting. Black mold in ceiling of bathroom. Will never stay here again and I highly doubt it would even come close to passing a health department test. Awful!

• Stayed June 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

We checked in on the fourth of July and stayed for two nights. Check in was very efficient and the gentleman at the desk was very friendly and helpful. We went to our rooms after checking in and the rooms were adaquate in size and worked perfectly for us. The bathroom and room were clean and comfortable. The housekeeping staff was very friendly and very good at what they do. The housekeeper (Crystal) went out of her way to accomodate us and give us what we needed. There was a microwave and refridgerator in the room as well which was a plus. I work in the hospitality industry and can say that when it comes to hospitality they get an A+. I will be traveling to Pittsburgh frequently and would definetly stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Fort Wayne, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Just returned from 3 nights at the Pittsburgh Travelodge with my family. We rented 2 rooms at $45/night.

Good things:

1. Clean room
2. Rooms had refrigerator, microwave, and a/c with a thermostat to set what temperature you wanted your room.
3. Bed was comfortable (I noted a LARGE stack of mattresses next to the garbage dumpster, so it appears they are changing out mattresses). I slept very well.
4. Plenty of HOT water (I hate lukewarm showers).

Needs improvement:

1. This is an older property - and it shows. Paint peeling on some of the outdoor doors, lots of "patch" concrete work on the balcony, parking lot needs repaved, etc.Also multiple drywall patches in the room.
2. The door lock for one of my rooms was "tricky." Both my wife and I with separate keys had difficulty with the lock. The electronic locks are old.
3. I didn't need it, but the dryer was out of order when I was there.

Based on appearance, I would have given this a Poor rating; however, the comfortable bed, A/C with thermostat, along with the refrigerator and microwave were bonuses, which leads to my average rating. For $45/night, I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hilltop Inn PIttsburgh? Share your experiences!