“Wonderful Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
North Carolina
“Wonderful Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

We were here last weekend to visit our son at CMU. The location was perfect for us, close to our son's apartment and a few blocks from Walnut street, full of shops and eateries. A truly great location.
The staff was friendly and extremely welcoming. Our one bedroom apartment was extremely clean and comfortable. I would recommend it to any one. I can't emphasize enough how friendly everyone was, from front desk to housekeeping, it was perfect! We'll definitely stay here next time. You can't go wrong.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
ShadysideInnSuites, Owner at Shadyside Inn All Suites Hotel, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Hey cindyldoe,

Thanks for providing your feedback. If I could pick the best thing about our hotel its our staff. We are lucky to have team members who are both passionate about the hotel and committed to making every guest feels welcomed and a part of our family. Our central location in relation to the Universities, the Hospital, and upscale shopping are great as well but the true measure of a place is the people. Thank you for recognizing that.

Best Regards,

Jonathan P.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Clarksburg, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

Previously I had stayed at the Shadyside Inn for almost 8 weeks at the beginning of the year due to my brother receiving a lung transplant at nearby Presby Hospital. During that stay, it was such a relief to be able to come back to a place that had all the comforts of home in which you could truly relax and rest. It made such a difference that you can't explain to stay in a 2 bedroom suite with a living room, kitchen and Dining area as opposed to a one room hotel room in which you are unable to truly feel at home and you had to worry about reservations, check out, making sure you eat before the restaurant closes, whether or not there would be rooms due to football, hockey or basketball season. Also the location of Shadyside is very convenient to many area hospitals and the ability to have a shuttle to transport and pick you up instead of driving is also a nice service.
This past weekend, I returned to Shadyside Inn for a one night girls getaway. Even from the moment that I checked in, I quickly was reminded why I love staying here so much. Bridgett greeted me and took the time to ask about the health of my brother and how my mother was doing. Rarely do you find a place in which the staff remembers the guests and takes time to show they truly care. The man who took my reservation also was thoughtful enough to check and reserve the room I had previously stayed in. Making me feel as if I was coming back home. The room was very clean and Janelle did an excellent job of preparing the room. My friend was impressed with the care and concern by the staff and their friendliness. Even the small welcome gift bag is a nice touch to making guests feel welcomed. I will return any chance I can get!!!!! Thank You Shadyside Inn!!!!!

Room Tip: The 2 bedroom suite is very roomy. The seperate bedrooms allows for privacy unlike a normal hotel ro...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
ShadysideInnSuites, Owner at Shadyside Inn All Suites Hotel, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Hello MilysaS,

Thanks for telling others about your experience at Shadyside Inn. The staff was happy to see you again and I am glad we were able to get you back into your previous suite. Nothing is more stressful than caring for a sick loved one, especially when you have to travel to a different city to receive treatment. I am happy we were able to provide you with a sanctuary during this period. I am also glad you got to return for your girls weekend and enjoy Shadyside under much better circumstances. On behalf of all of us we wish your family good health and a speedy recovery.

All the best,

2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

The staff at Shadyside Inn were very nice and hospitable, but know that there is no sense of luxury at this inn. Our "Mansion Suite" is not in a mansion, rather an old house on a middle income street. Although the apt. is okay, I feel deceived. It reminds me of my first apt. Out of grad school when in was 24. Its fine and clean, even updated (partially) but all of the decor is recognizable as having come from Target & Ikea. My house is much nicer, so I am paying nearly $200/night to stay in a place that is not as nice as my house. The location of the inn is great, close proximity to Walnut St. And the bed is comfy. Not a bad place, just know what you're getting.

• Stayed March 2014
ShadysideInnSuites, Owner at Shadyside Inn All Suites Hotel, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Hello lwsimon,

Thank you for your feedback. Your experience has caused us to reflect on how we can improve our service in order to avoid not living up to expectations. You see we live and breathe the hotel. Our staff is always trying to give our customers the best value possible. That commitment goes into everything we do and is the backbone of our philosophy.

The suite you were staying in, Kentucky 2, is a suite that as you noticed was recently renovated. In fact, it was finished a week and half ago. You were the second guest to stay in that suite. The suite is unique in that we decided to test our some new design ideas. When we posted pics of the suite on social media and our website the response was overwhelmingly positive. We have over 100 suites. Only 11 of them are what we all Mansion Suites. The name was given for the first building we converted into these private residential style suites. Since then, we have converted 2 homes in Shadyside, Pittsburgh's premier upscale neighborhood. The concept is that these suites are very private and setup with more exciting designs. If you look on our website you will notice that no one is alike. They are all unique in their approach and their intended use. While not everyones taste is the same, we tried to give a variety of designs to suit any guest. The best feature we feel is their value. They are all priced less than a typical hotel room in Shadyside.

lwsimon, it was never our intention to try and deceive you. We try and maintain as transparent of an operation as possible. The Mansion Suites have their own dedicated web site which showcase each suite with lots of pictures and floor plans. We are travelers as well and nothing upsets us more than not getting what you see on the website. We don't use professional photography, we shoot the suites when we finish designing them and post them on our website. We use a variety of sources for furniture, artwork, and knick knacks. If something fits the design idea we are trying to achieve we don't worry about where it came from. If its good design and good quality we will use it.

We take your choice to use our hotel very seriously lwsimon. I hope that you can understand that we will do whatever it takes to make your opinion of us change. I urge you to come back and try out another one of our Mansion Suites. I am sure we have something that will connect with your needs. Please contact me directly so I can arrange for you to try us again.

Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

Loved Shadyside Inn.Normally stay at the Marriott down the street but it was booked up. My cousin who lives in Bloomfield suggested Shadyside Inn. Much more cozy and cleaner than the Marriott. The staff was great as well as the service. The bus line runs right past and you can go anywhere in the city for $2.50.Sorry Marriott but I won't be back. Take some time and walk down to Walnut street. Many shops to see.Rodeo Drive of Pittsburgh.

• Stayed March 2014
ShadysideInnSuites, Owner at Shadyside Inn All Suites Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Hello Doughboy1959,

Thanks for providing feedback here on your stay at Shadyside Inn. Being less than two blocks from Walnut Street is one of our favorite amenities. With the likes of the Apple Store, Lululemon, J.Crew, and Banana Republic as well as upscale independent boutiques, Walnut Street really is the Rodeo Drive of Pittsburgh. As you experienced, being within such a close proximity really makes quick trips to shop, dine, and find entertainment as easy as a five minute walk. The bus line runs right at our front door making transportation around Pittsburgh a breeze. Uber and Lyft have the highest concentration of drivers right in our neighborhood and our free shuttle will take you wherever you need to go within 3 miles of the hotel. I am glad you found us!

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

I was in Pittsburgh to help friends through a serious medical procedure at Shadyside Hospital. The Shadyside Inn had so many things going for it and I understand why people stay here for weeks.

The rooms are clean, no nasty carpet (love the hardwood) and the linens are crisp and white. The small kitchen is perfect for quick breakfasts or lunches and whenever we needed something, it was there.

The transportation in Pittsburgh is really bizarre; I actually saw very few cabs; in fact one of our entourage tried to get a cab to the airport from a different hotel that didn't show up! So it is great that the Inn offers a shuttle service, which we booked to go get groceries, the odd trip to the hospital. I have to say the drivers were so kind and compassionate; Colin and Ian. Thank you for all your help during this stressful time. While we depended on the shuttle at times, we often walked to the hospital which was only about 15 minutes.

There is an issue with the soundproofing but I live in a 1920 house so didn't notice it much but it is an older building...elevator is super slow but who cares.

I would highly recommend the Shadyside and Pittsburgh in general; one of the friendliest, beautiful cities I have ever been to.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
ShadysideInnSuites, Owner at Shadyside Inn All Suites Hotel, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Hello picassoinvan,

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy we were able to make a stressful situation a bit easier for you and your friends. Two years ago when we were looking for new concepts for our suites we stumbled upon the idea of removing all the carpets and installing hardwood like flooring. The results were amazing. In addition to the aesthetics benefits of going 'carpet less" there is a huge sanitary benefit. Our suites can be cleaner than a normal hotel room since we have removed the major source of dirt from the units. We love the look and the positiive reaction we get from people.

In the beginning of March Uber and Lift debuted in Pittsburgh. While getting a cab in Pittsburgh has always been a challenge there is no need to rely on them anymore now that these two "smart taxi" services have arrived. Our staff has been busy trying out both services and we are happy to recommend them to our guests. Of course you can always use our free shuttle as you experienced. I am happy our drivers made a good impression. They are all eager to go above and beyond to make our guests feel special.

As a Pittsburgh resident all my life I am proud that our great city made a positive impression on you. Its a great place filled with great people. Thanks for your kind words and we can't wait to see you again.

Warmest Regards,

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

The shadyside inn was great for us. The room was an appartment set up and was pretty roomy for the 4 of us. The most convenient part for us, was the free shuttle service they offered which was excellent since we didn't have a car. The shuttle driver, Pav, was super helpful giving us directions and suggestions about how to spend our last day in Pittsburgh!

Room Tip: The 2 bedroom set up was more like an appartment
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Hey mikeweens,

Thank you for giving us your feedback here. I am happy your group found us and could enjoy the benefits of having a two bedroom suite. Having enough space to fit everyone and still not be in each others way is one of the great benefits of our suites. Our shuttle drivers are unofficial ambassadors for Pittsburgh and love telling people about all the great spots to visit here. I am happy Pav was able to give you some quality suggestions. We look forward to your return and promise to have all kinds of new suggestions for you next time!

Alpharetta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

The staff were terrific, great check-in experience. They offered their shuttle to drive me to a lunch meeting right away, which was nice, but I ended up driving. We were there during the awful snow, many flights cancelled. We had a two bedroom apartment for two nights, the only thing I found odd was after the first night one of the rooms had the bed made when we returned, the other seemed pulled up but not made, we had fresh towels but it was just strange that the master bed was so not made?? Anyway, not much to complain about. The elevators are SLOW. The apartment is very cozy and CLEAN. I would return again for sure. Cute bathroom.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Hi Annette T,

Thank you for sharing your experience being a guest at Shadyside Inn. We are happy to have made a positive impression on you during your stay. I am glad we could be a sanctuary for you during the bitter snow storm. In regards to your one bed not being made up I am going to look into that and make sure we didn't have some kind of breakdown on our end. If something was missed we are just a phone call away from correcting any problem. Our staff is eager to help make your stay enjoyable. Please contact me the next time you return so I can personally apologize for the oversight.

Best Regards,

Jonathan P.

Been to Shadyside Inn All Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!