“Pre Stay Help” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Knox, Pennsylvania
“Pre Stay Help”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

I called the hotel earlier to day to firm up some details of our upcoming stay in May. My daugther and I are staying at the property for the Pittsburgh Marathon. Given that this is her first time running the race, I want the experience to be second to none. I expressed this to the wonderful lady who answered the phone. She was able to give us a room on a higher level (less traffic noise) and granted us access to the Club Level so she can get a snack if she needs to. Given that we are new to this property and are just your average patron, I am very GRATEFUL for the service we have received to date. We are looking forward to our stay in our favorite city!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
AJJ2120, Manager at Marriott Pittsburgh City Center, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your upcoming stay here at the Pittsburgh Marriott City Center. I am so happy to hear that you have had a great experience and haven’t even stayed! We look forward to meeting you and wish you guys luck in the big race! See you in a few months! Have a wonderful weekend!

Marriott Pittsburgh City Center

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

This is my 3rd stay at this hotel. Each time has gotten better.
From the Valet, to the Bellman, to the Front Desk Staff to the absolute finest Concierge Lounge Staff in the world, you are all awesome!
I will not stay anywhere else when in Pittsburgh (City)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
AJJ2120, Manager at Marriott Pittsburgh City Center, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Thank you for taking time to comment on your stays here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I am so happy to hear that we are your hotel of choice when visiting the Pittsburgh area. I am also happy to hear that it is our customer service that continues to bring you back. We hope to see you again very soon. I hope you have a wonderful day!

Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

We stayed at this hotel one night for college visits. It is only two blocks from Duquense University and approx 3 miles from University of Pittsburgh and Carnegie Mellon. There is underground parking attached to the hotel. You can valet or self-park. Hotel is clean. We thought the entire staff was very friendly and helpful. There is an indoor pool and fitness center on 11th floor. There is a nice size bar and restaurant just off the hotel lobby too. Starbucks is on the first floor of the office building next door but they are connected so you do not have to go outside. The sleeping room was nice. It was extremely cold outside (-1) during our stay. When I went to close the curtains I did feel a very cold draft on the floor near the window which is probably why our room never really warmed up even when I turned the heat up. Not enough for me to request a change in rooms but it was still cooler than we like. The hotel does offer a free shuttle service to restaurants and venues in the area. We took advantage of the shuttle for dinner. Once we were through eating we just called the driver and he was there in about 15 minutes for a return trip to the hotel. Nice option to have! I would recommend this hotel.

Green Features: One thing I noticed was the rooms did not have a container for recycling so everything went in the garbage can.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
AJJ2120, Manager at Marriott Pittsburgh City Center, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Thank you so much for writing about your time as our guest here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I am sure that our future guests will be able to use the information you gave to make their decision to stay with us, the time that you took to do this is very much appreciated. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time here and we hope that you will be our guest again in the near future. Hopefully the next time we will have more enjoyable weather! Thank you again; I hope you have a brilliant day!

Lenexa, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

I spent one night in the Pittsburgh Marriott City Center and was so impressed by the level of service shown by the entire staff. I utilized valet, bell services, and room service and everything was impressive.
The room was nice and comfortable.
Despite the rowdy crowd in town for WWE, my stay was enjoyable and what I've come to expect from Marriott!

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
AJJ2120, Manager at Marriott Pittsburgh City Center, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Taking time to write about your stay with us here the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center is so much appreciated. I am so happy to hear that despite the large crowd you enjoyed your time with us and that our staff was a big part of that experience. I hope that we will see you again soon! Thank you so much for your comments, have a brilliant day!

Ghaziabad, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

During a two month stay a few years ago, I found the staff very courteous and friendly, always willing to help for all work. Their services from airport to airport (sending vehicles for pick up on complimentary basis), luggage handling, facilities, cleanliness, food, entertainment, etc were really memorable.

Room Tip: Just inform your travel dates and requirements while making reservations, room and food preferences
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for writing about your extended stay with us here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. It makes me happy to hear that you enjoyed your time as our guest. I hope that your travels bring you back to Pittsburgh soon!
Thank you so much for your time, I hope you have a brilliant day!

PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

This city hotel sits steps away from Cosol Energy Center and Duquesne University. All other city attractions are close by. I have stayed at this hotel three times in the past 18 months and have been very satisfied each time. The front desk staff is always very courteous and efficient. The rooms are clean; the linens good quality, and the beds comfortable. The bathrooms are quite small, but clean. As is the case with most other Marriott-brand properties I have stayed in, the bathroom lighting is dim, but that is just a personal annoyance. The first time I stayed at this property, I had the breakfast buffet. I have not eaten in the restaurant since then because the buffet was pricey ($16.00 I believe), and did not offer much. That said, my trips to Pittsburgh are always short ones, and there are plenty of food options to be found, so this is of no great inconvenience. Parking in the attached Chatham Center Garage is $18/day, which is, from my experience, competitive for Pittsburgh. The garage seems safe and I have never had issues with finding a place to park there. There is a complimentary shuttle service offered by the hotel. I have not used it, but am glad to know it is available should I need it. I anticipate ongoing visits to Pittsburgh over the next several years, and plan to stay at this location each time.

Room Tip: Some rooms overlook Duquesne University and Consol Energy Center. Other rooms offer a view of the U...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
AJJ2120, Manager at Marriott Pittsburgh City Center, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time and writing such a detailed account of your times here in Pittsburgh. It is wonderful to hear that you continue to come back as our guest time after time. We look forward to seeing you again when you come to the city over the next few years. I hope that we see you soon! Have a brilliant day and let us know if we can do anything at all for you!

Jeannette, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

I stayed at the hotel New Years Eve and booked a larger king size room. The room was extremely clean and was good size. The bed was comfortable and there was also a sofa in the room. I was on the top floor and had a nice view, unfortunately the view was away from down town. The one thing is that the bathrooms are not very large. It had plenty of room for me since I was traveling alone, but would be a little tight with two people in it trying to get ready. The room was quiet even with celebrations going on.

I used the mobile check-in which was very nice and notified me by phone that my room was actually ready in the morning. There is a dedicated area to check in for this also.

I would definitely recommend this hotel for business or personal stays. There is a nice work area in the room and the wireless internet worked great and was free. There is a parking garage in the building complex, which ran about $18 for non-valet.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
AJJ2120, Manager at Marriott Pittsburgh City Center, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thanks for commenting on your stay here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I appreciate the time you took out of your day to review your time as our guest. I am very happy to hear that you were able to use the new mobile check in application and that you found it easy and convenient. We believe it is a brilliant idea!
I hope that you will return to Pittsburgh soon and that we will see you again! Happy New Year I hope your day is wonderful!

Marriott Pittsburgh City Center

Been to Marriott Pittsburgh City Center? Share your experiences!