“Very Good Hotel with a Great Staff” 5 of 5 stars

FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #9 of 56 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
“Very Good Hotel with a Great Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

This was my second stay at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center hotel. My first stay was in the summer of 2009, prior to the hotel going thru a complete refurbishing. Now, from the new lobby with a fireplace to keep you warm on these cold Pittsburgh winter days and nights thru my refurbished and always immaculate hotel room, Concierge Lounge, meeting rooms and Lobby Restaurant and bar, the hotel has a fresh new look. Add to this a staff that warmly greets you during your stay and you have the whole package. For Pittsburgh Penguin fans or those coming into town to watch their favorite hockey team play them, the Arena is less than a 1 block walk away! And, for those attending a meeting at the Convention Center, you will have between a 5 and 10 minute cab ride based on the time of day. There is a Starbucks that opens at 0600 located in the lobby of the connected adjoining office building. The Concierge Lounge is open Monday thru Friday mornings at 0630 and serves a full breakfast. If there is one small downside to this property, the bathrooms within the rooms are very small and you will be limited to one person at a time....:-) Enjoy!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
AJJ2120, Manager at Marriott Pittsburgh City Center, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time and writing such a detailed review on your stay here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time as our guest! I hope that we see you again very soon! Have a great day and a wonderful holiday season!

Marriott Pittsburgh City Center

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

A great location in downtown Pittsburgh in easy walking distance of the business venue I was working at. The staff here could not have done more to provide a welcoming and relaxed atmosphere. All of the staff I encountered were attentive and helpful. The rooms and public spaces were kept immaculately clean, the bed was comfortable. What more can I say, I would stay here again and recommend to anyone

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
AJJ2120, Manager at Marriott Pittsburgh City Center, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
Thank you for taking time out and commenting on your time as our guest here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I appreciate the kind comments and I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time here!
I hope you have a wonderful day and a brilliant holiday season!

NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Stayed one night in November 2013 while attending a Pittsburgh Penguins game at the Consol Energy Center. Perfect location for a Pens game you are literally right down the block. The hotel staff was friendly and professional, allowed us to check in early, and check in was a breeze. Room was on the 17th floor, clean, spacious, and updated. Room is huge, bathroom is on the small side, but very clean. Our only gripe is that we lost heat in the room on a cold night and when I called down to the desk they said they'd send someone up and never did. We ended up falling asleep and woke up to a somewhat chilly room. But when I called down to the desk in the a.m. they gave us a $50 credit for the restaurant. Overall we had a very good experience, I'd definitely stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
AJJ2120, Manager at Marriott Pittsburgh City Center, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thanks for taking time and writing about your time as our guest here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I want to apologize for the room temperature issue; I will be looking into this situation to find out what happened to the engineer and why he did not arrive to fix the issue.
I am very happy to hear the rest of your stay was enjoyable and convenient for your travel plans while in Pittsburgh. We hope to see you again soon! Have a great holiday season!

basking ridge, new jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Visited Pittsburgh for 3 days due to a business conference. Normally stay at The Fairmont but was completely booked during necessary dates. Check in was asked if I was traveling alone or needed 2 keys. Thought that strange responded that it was just myself. Had a room on the 12 floor was given room with 2 beds. Amy the manager who checked me in knew I was solo yet gave me a room with 2 beds. :-( I called down and bellman brought new key for king room next door
No apology from front desk manager. As a matter of fact, when final bill came my room rate had been changed by an additional 30 dollars per night. Upon check out I requested to speak with Amy she came out I disputed charges and luckily had my original reservation confirmation. Amy replied. Well when you checked in you said you booked with the AAA rate that rate changes. Totally unprofessional in my estimation. Friendliest encounters were from the bellman and the valet parking crew-----management needs better training. Room was clean and bed was comfortable
Food was acceptable. Will not return to this property

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
AJJ2120, Manager at Marriott Pittsburgh City Center, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thank you for commenting on your time as our guest here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I am very sorry to hear that your stay was not exceptional and that the staff played a key role in this. I can assure you that customer service is our number one priority and this situation was absolutely an exception and not the rule of service we provide.
I have looked into this situation and will be addressing this issue with the associates so they are aware of these errors and the proper way of treating our guests.
I hope that when in Pittsburgh again we will have you as our guest to show you our true ability to take care of our guests.
I hope you have an amazing holiday season and a brilliant day!

sparta, new jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

We recently stayed at the Marriott City Center. It was great. Would have given it 5 stars but we were supposed to have a room with two double beds, but they gave us a King Size Bed and a sleeper sofa couch. Everything was great, except for the sleeper sofa. The bathroom is a little small, but really how much time are you in there. The staff was all very wonderful friendly and polite. The restaurant was good, we had breakfast there. The bar and staff were wonderful. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
AJJ2120, Manager at Marriott Pittsburgh City Center, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you for taking time from your day to write about your stay here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time but I am sorry that your stay was not perfect due to the sofa. I hope that the next time you come to see the Steelers win we will have you as our guest!

Have a wonderful day and a brilliant holiday season!

Silver Spring, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I visited with friends for a weekend in Iron City, The locale is convenient and across the street from the Consol Energy center (note that the restaurant and bar can be jammed if there is an event going on at the Center, so look ahead!)
The staff is amazingly friendly, In room high speed internet is free but you will pay for everything else (parking, breakfast, etc).
The rooms are clean and comfortable and everyone at the Marriott go out of there way to make your stay pleasant. Not a bad place to stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Thanks for taking time and writing a review about your time as our guest here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your time and I hope that we will see you again very soon.
I hope you have a brilliant day and an amazing holiday season!

Niagara Falls, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

The room was clean and huge, which made it easy for me to use a massage table on this business trip. Bathroom was teeny-tiny. Bed was fairly comfortable. Staff wasn't overly friendly but they served their purpose. Noticed when I asked for an extra room key upon returning from dinner, I was not asked for my ID, which I found a bit strange. I REALLY hope that was an oversight by the "Front Desk Manager" that gave it to me.
Overall, decent hotel

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for writing about your time as our guest here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I am sorry to hear that your time with us was not exceptional and that our staff did not make you feel as though they are beyond happy to have you with us. I will be looking into this situation as customer service is our number one priority. In addition, guest safety is beyond important to us and asking a guest for ID when issuing a key is absolutely necessary at all times. I will be speaking with all of the staff including the manager to ensure they understand why. I can assure you that this situation is absolutely an exception and not the rule of service/security we provide to our guests.
I hope that we will have you as our guest again so we can show you our true customer service.
I hope you have an amazing day!

Marriott Pittsburgh City Center

Been to Marriott Pittsburgh City Center? Share your experiences!