“Big City Business Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #7 of 54 Hotels in Pittsburgh
WASHINGTON
“Big City Business Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

About what you'd expect--nice room and location, restaurants in the lobby, and good service. I was disappointed when they would not extend my parking for an extra 3 hours after checkout, but their explanation that the garage was privately owned made a little sense. I didn't eat in the bar/restaurant and I didn't use any of the other facilities. The maid was friendly and didn't mess up my pile of stuff in my room.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
AJJ2120, Manager at Marriott Pittsburgh City Center, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Thank you so much for the comments on your stay here at the City Center. I appreciate the information given to our future guests. I want to apologize for the issue with the garage, we will be passing these comments on to their management staff. They are owned and operated separate from our hotel but we work closely with them to work out any issues our guests may have.
I hope that the next time you are Pittsburgh we will see you as our guest. Have a wonderful day!

Marriott Pittsburgh City Center

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
San Francisco, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I stay here every other week and th staff is friendly in all areas of the hotel. The rooms have been updated and there's a full service Starbucks downstairs!

The fitness center is a decent size and the TVs on the treadmills and such are large screens and open 24/7.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stays here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I am so glad that you enjoy your time so much that you have returned as our guests week after week. I look forward to having you as our guest again in the near future. See you soon!! Have a wonderful day!

State College, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We held a meeting yesterday at the Marriott and everything worked well. Our meetings are somewhat complicated, as we required multiple meeting rooms with different setups and two groups of attendees that had different food and beverage requirements. Here are the reasons why it was a great venue for our meetings.

- Meeting space size was more than enough for us. Clean and spacious
- All working outlets (seems simple enough but you'd be surprised how many hotels I have had issues with this)
- Functional and soundproofed airwalls.
- Banquet food was excellent
- Banquet and sales staff, especially Olivia, Betsy, and William were all there when we needed them
- Good value overall for what we received
- AV tech was competent and helpful
- Engineering was available quickly for a request I had while setting up our equipment
- Good hotel location, and secure; security came around a few times while I was setting up our a/v later in the evening. Since we have expensive electronic equipment, seeing a security presence alleviated any concerns I may have otherwise had.

Overall, would I choose the Pittsburgh Marriott City Center again? Absolutely.

Room Tip: I had a corner room on a high floor. It's quiet.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
AJJ2120, Manager at Marriott Pittsburgh City Center, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Thank you for commenting on your recent stay and event at the Marriott City Center. I am very happy to hear that your stay and meeting went well and that when in Pittsburgh again you feel that you will return to be our guest.
We really appreciate the detailed information that you provided our future guests and hope it can be used for their decision making when coming to Pittsburgh.
Again, thank you very much for taking your time and giving such a detailed report on your time with us. Have a great day!

Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights over New Years and overall I'd say the experience was ok. Check in was slow and not very helpful. The doorman was on a break and the check in person would not let us take a luggage rack as it was against the hotel policy to let guests take the racks on their own. After a discussion, she agreed to let us take it but it really started our visit off on a negitive footing.

The location of the hotel is not great. There is very little around the hotel. It does have a restaurant however it was closed when we were there so I cannot comment on it. We found we had to drive or take cabs when heading out. We prefer to be in locations where we can walk out to restaurants in the evening - this is not the case with this hotel.

We booked a King suite and it was fine. Nothing special. Bigger room but that was about it. Bathroom was small and had limited counter space. Bed was comfortable. Unfortunately there was a basketball team staying on our floor and they were pretty loud particularly in the evenings. While the hotel cannot help this, I'd say that the walls are really thin as you could hear everything. We were woken up both nights of our stay when the team came home at 3am.

The bright spot for the hotel - the gym. It was really good. 4-5 treadmills, bikes and cross trainers. Good weight selection and a multi-purpose weight machine was pretty much allowed you to work all body parts. There was a pool attached to the gym however we did not use it. It was big and looked to be quite good.

There is a starbucks in the building which is a nice plus in the morning for coffee. However overall our experience was average and I would not recommend or stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to comment on your stay here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I wanted to take this time to apologize that your stay with us was just ok. I can assure you that customer service is our number one priority and I am sorry that we did not convey this to you while staying as our guest.
I will be taking your feedback and using it to improve for our future. Again, thank you for your time and we hope that when in Pittsburgh again you will give us anther chance to show you a perfect stay.

Raleigh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

from the check in to check out it was a wonderful experience. the room was excellent the lobby was beatiful and the restuarant was great. the public bathrooms were clean and the staff was nice at all times. did not use pool or fitness rooms.

Room Tip: the higher the room the better the views. pool and fitness rooms on the 11th floor so may be a littl...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
AJJ2120, Manager at Marriott Pittsburgh City Center, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
I am so happy that our hotel and staff provided you with a clean and comfortable stay while in Pittsburgh. We appreciate the feed back! We look forward to having you as our guest again in the near future. Have a wonderful holiday season and a great day!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

Great staff! My room was like a sauna! I called which I hate to do and they sent engineering up. He said it should cool down within an hour. I was working and my face was red hot. It had not. I went downstairs to get a drink and ask the front desk about it. She felt my face and moved me to another room ASAP. I truly didn't know how hot my room was until I moved and the new one was so cool! Thank you Lillian! Great room service.......everyone was friendly and I like that in a team that works well together! I applaud you all!

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay here at the City Center. I am very happy to hear that although you had an issue with your room being warm, our staff was able to fix this for you and get you into a room that was cool and comfortable. I will be speaking with Lilya to let her know the impact she had on your stay! I hope that we have you as our guest again very soon! Have a great holiday season!

Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

This was our second stay at the Marriott City Center and we were once again happy with the hotel. The staff go the extra mile to ensure your stay is an enjoyable one. Would definitely recommend this property.

Room Tip: Request a high-floor with a view towards the stadiums!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for coming back to stay with us! And thank you for commenting on your recent stay. I am happy to hear that you have enjoyed your time as our guest and we look forward to seeing you in the near future. Have a wonderful day and a great holiday season!

Marriott Pittsburgh City Center

Been to Marriott Pittsburgh City Center? Share your experiences!