“Great location, great staff and nice amenities” 4 of 5 stars

FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #9 of 56 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bradenton, Florida
“Great location, great staff and nice amenities”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

What sets chain hotels apart from other chains and same hotels in other places is service, small touches and location. This hotel has all three: the location is perfect for a weekend in the city (right across from the Consol Center, downtown, with a nice view of Mt. Washington, I believe), the staff is attentive and pleasant (and, in Pittsburgh, that is not always a given) and the small touches, like a fridge with chilled water and fruit in the gym, along with a working sauna, are awesome. Stayed only one night, on business, but enjoyed the stay greatly and would return for a personal or business visit for sure. Breakfast was on point, with even some European touches to it, like brie and prosciutto, along with other items, as well as made to order, to your table, omelletes.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
AJJ2120, Manager at Marriott Pittsburgh City Center, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience while staying at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your time as our guest. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future! Have a wonderful holiday season!

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I was surprised and very pleased by this hotel. The rooms are large, clean, and newly appointed, with enormous closets. The location is convenient and the breakfast buffet is exceptional. Mind you, the overall ambience is no-frills, but I have seldom encountered a team of staff as friendly and accomodating. People seem to enjoy both working here and with each other. Who cares about crown molding in the rooms and lovely carpets in the halls, when you know you can count on the people who truly matter, the folks who will lead to you safety in an emergency and send you on your way, truly concerned that you be able to able to navigate Pittsburgh--with its myriad bridges and confusing highways--with confidence? I'd stay hear again without hesitation.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I am very pleased to hear that your stay with us was a very good one and that our associates were able to convey to you that your stay and your time in Pittsburgh truly matters to us. I hope we see you again in the near future!

Rochester Hills, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Stayed here for a few days on business. The location was good for me. The restaurant was good and service was fine. There is little in the surrounding area for restaurants, however. If you are doing business in the immediate area, it is easier to take a cab to/from the airport than to get a rental car. Gas stations are seemingly difficult to locate between the hotel and the airport.

Room Tip: High floors give you a little view of the city. Mine had a decent view of Duquesne University campus...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
AJJ2120, Manager at Marriott Pittsburgh City Center, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for taking time to comment on your recent stay here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I am glad that while you stayed with us you were able to dine in our restaurant. I appreciate the advice that you gave to our future guests. Again, thank you and have a wonderful day!!

Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel on and off the past 10 years and have been there more recently as my work assignments changed. I am very happy with the improvements that have taken place over the past few months. I like the new decor overall and the new room design is great. Free wireless is wonderful!

The value of this hotel is very good, though I receive a lower contracted rate through my work. I recently stayed at another Marriott property in another state. That property was much more expensive; howeve, I think that this hotel is much better.

The hotel is a liitle bit of a distance to the center of downtown, It's not bad, but it can be a factor when it's raining or otherwise inclement. You can always call the shuttle and they will pick you up, though.

The lobby and nearby streets can get really crowded when there is a hockey game so guests should take that into consideration.

Room Tip: The elevators are loud so I would recommend trying to avoid rooms by them.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
AJJ2120, Manager at Marriott Pittsburgh City Center, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your information on our hotel. I am happy to hear that you have visited us since our renovations have been completed and that you enjoy our new hotel! I hope that your business continues to bring you to Pittsburgh and we have you as our guest again soon! Have a wonderful day!

Belleville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here recently while on business in Pittsburgh and was very pleased with the hotel. My only criticism is that the bathroom in my room was among the smallest I've ever seen. That said, the staff was especially helpful and courteous and the room itself was nice. There aren't many dining choices near the hotel, but they do have a shuttle and the staff was willing to make suggestions if you didn't mind driving. Parking was expensive but no more so than what you find in most cities. I will definitely return.

• Stayed October 2012
AJJ2120, Manager at Marriott Pittsburgh City Center, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I am very happy that you were able to take time to share your experience with us. I am also very pleased to hear that the staff was helpful and kind. We look forward to seeing you in the near future! Have a wonderful day!

PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

the
The Marriott was really nice. Clean rooms that seem to have been redone recently. We had an oversized king corner room. It was almost too spacious for the two of us. Wanted to mention how nice the front desk was. Aron at check in was especially nice. My original room wasn't exactly what I had asked for and when I called down to the desk Aron could not have been more courteous and switched my room immediately. I didn't even have to go downstairs again, he sent new keys up for a different room. Overall it was a really nice experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
AJJ2120, Manager at Marriott Pittsburgh City Center, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for taking time to comment on your recent stay here at the Marriott City Center. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time while staying as our guest. I am also happy to hear that when an issue arouse, Aaron was able to help you so that you were accommodated with very little interruption. I look forward to having you as our guest again in the near future. Have a wonderful day!

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

It is not often that I walk into a hotel room and the first thing I think is "Boy...does it smell good in here!" That was my first thought when I walked in to my room at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center! Very nice room, very clean, very comfortable...beautiful view of the city from the 20th floor of the hotel! Best of all is that everyone I came across was wonderfully friendly and so very helpful! My stay was only overnight but if I'm back in the area, I definitely know where I'll be staying!

Room Tip: I was on the concierge level and had a beautiful view of the downtown skyline!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
robert p, Manager at Marriott Pittsburgh City Center, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your overnight stay with us here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I am so glad to hear that the room smelled clean and fresh and that you enjoyed your time as our guest. We appreciate the feedback and cannot wait to have you stay with us in the near future.

Have a great day!
Director of Rooms Operations
Marriott Pittsburgh City Center

Been to Marriott Pittsburgh City Center? Share your experiences!