“nice place” 4 of 5 stars

PA
“nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

the
The Marriott was really nice. Clean rooms that seem to have been redone recently. We had an oversized king corner room. It was almost too spacious for the two of us. Wanted to mention how nice the front desk was. Aron at check in was especially nice. My original room wasn't exactly what I had asked for and when I called down to the desk Aron could not have been more courteous and switched my room immediately. I didn't even have to go downstairs again, he sent new keys up for a different room. Overall it was a really nice experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
AJJ2120, Manager at Marriott Pittsburgh City Center, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for taking time to comment on your recent stay here at the Marriott City Center. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time while staying as our guest. I am also happy to hear that when an issue arouse, Aaron was able to help you so that you were accommodated with very little interruption. I look forward to having you as our guest again in the near future. Have a wonderful day!

Marriott Pittsburgh City Center

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

It is not often that I walk into a hotel room and the first thing I think is "Boy...does it smell good in here!" That was my first thought when I walked in to my room at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center! Very nice room, very clean, very comfortable...beautiful view of the city from the 20th floor of the hotel! Best of all is that everyone I came across was wonderfully friendly and so very helpful! My stay was only overnight but if I'm back in the area, I definitely know where I'll be staying!

Room Tip: I was on the concierge level and had a beautiful view of the downtown skyline!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
robert p, Manager at Marriott Pittsburgh City Center, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your overnight stay with us here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I am so glad to hear that the room smelled clean and fresh and that you enjoyed your time as our guest. We appreciate the feedback and cannot wait to have you stay with us in the near future.

Have a great day!
Director of Rooms Operations
Portsmouth, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

It was great staying at a Marriott. The room was beautiful and the bed seemed like I was sleeping in a cloud! The hotel staff were very helpful and friendly. The doormen were a great source of information. Make sure you take advantage of their free downtown shuttle. Although they do not provide shuttle service to and from the airport they will drop you off AND pick you up at most of the tourist/shopping/restaurant areas of town. Paul was a great guy and made the trips to and from the incline an enjoyable part of our trip.
I was in Pittsburgh for a national conference at the hotel and the meeting rooms, banquet rooms and vendor area were very nice. Breakfast was included on both days of the meeting and it was good - not anything spectacular but what you would expect for a large banquet. The food provided for the "snack breaks" was tasty - candy bars, bags of salty snacks and hot pretzels including mustard to dip them in!
Parking was adequate for people arriving for the day and you can pay with a credit card as you exit the parking area.

Room Tip: Make sure you take advantage of the shuttle service if you want to visit downtown areas. There is a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
robert p, Manager at Marriott Pittsburgh City Center, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
I am very happy to hear that your stay as our guest here at the City Center was a great one. We appreciate you taking the time to comment and share information about your stay. I am also glad that you were able to utilize our hotel shuttle! I hope that if you are in Pittsburgh again we will have you as our guest! Have a great day!

Chennai (Madras), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Booked through my office travel centre so no hassles with booking. Got upgraded to Junior Suite, good way to start. Suite is big and spacious with separate sitting area. There was a separate sofa placed near the corner and a separate computer table and chair was is in the room. Room is provided with Coffee Maker, mini Fridge. Room style is little old but kept neat and clean. Bath Room is small compared with the room but it is fine.

Hotel is located near Consol Energy center. If you are planning for NHL weekend this is a perfect place. They have shuttle service to any place within certain perimeter. There is a restaurant within the hotel. Menu selection is good. There are many restaurants in the downtown area which you can go by walk. Food selection in the club lounge is really good.

There is a large gap between the floor and the room door. When I closed the door external hallway light brightened the room. Blocked that gap with towel. Shower head is old and not spraying water efficiently, when reported none bothered to look into that...apart from that this is nice place to stay

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Marriott Pittsburgh City Center Thank you for commenting on your recent stay here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I am happy to hear that we were able to get you into a bigger room while you were our guest.
I apologize for the issues that you had while staying with us and we are looking into why the showerhead was not taken care of once we were aware of the issue. Please know that this was an exception and not the rule of service we provide here at the City Center.
We have taken the information that you have provided about the gap under the door and the shower head and we are looking onto ways to improve these items. We appreciate the feedback as it helps for the future.
Again, thank you for the information. We look forward to having you as our guest the next time you are in Pittsburgh. Have a great day!

Venetia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

I have stayed at the Pittsburgh City Center Marriott 3 times and all were good experiences. The rooms have new furnishings and the beds are a sleep experience. My wife bought the pillows on the their web site and they are fantastic. My room was by the elevator and it was a busy night but the room was sound proof enough that we never heard any noise from the hallway or the roadway directly below our room. The weekend special rates are around 100.00 per night which is a real bargin in the city.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your stays here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I am happy to hear that you loved the bedding and bought the pillows! We hope to have you as our guest again in the very near future! Have a wonderful day!

Montecito, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

As many of you know from my reviews I travel about 150,000 miles a year and stay at a lot of hotels. I am silver or gold on most hotels which is not much these days. Two weeks ago Marriott Pittsburgh sent an email - we see you are coming and want to make sure you still want a QUIET HIGH FLOOR ROOM WITH FEATHER PILLOWs - I click yes. Three days later Marriott Pittsburgh sends an email what can we do to make things even better. I say I am coming in from a 9 hour flight. There are 25 people staying at your hotel for 2-3 nights coming to see me (50-75 room nights) Besides the feather pillows and the high floor could you upgrade me to a nicer room. I get there and the room is on their first floor across from an elevator. I go up come down and ask why did they do this. They apologize and send me back to their first floor away from the elevator with 4 plastic pillows. I call down again and ask for feather. I go to check out and the bill is $269 a night versus the GE rate of $129. I complain. The client complains. They say they will fix it. I get my bill it is for about $600 for two nights no change. On top of this, this is a mediocre hotel. There is lots of road noise on the lower levels floors 10-14 on the back side which faces 7 lanes of traffic. The rooms are older and just a B- quality. What is the worst part is the lack of service, the lack of training for the staff and the most frustrating part is that they make a great effort to pretend they care. To add insult to injury they sent a follow up email asking "We want to be a 5 Star did we make it." I sent this leter to them. They wrote back saying sorry (duh), will look into it (nothing happened) what can we do to make it better (simple send emails saying don't expect much from us and we shall exceed your low expecations) But then that would not be good for marketing. As far as facts go the 04 line of rooms are badly laid out, the heaters do not work when the AC is on, the bathrooms have cheap products in them and the TVs are the smallest I have seen in a large chain. Enjoy

Room Tip: Dont stay on the side by the 04 line or rooms
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
robert p, Manager at Marriott Pittsburgh City Center, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I am very sorry that while staying as our guest we did not live up to our potential. We have taken your feedback and investigated these issues. We are now in the process of changing so that there will never be issues such as these again. We here at the City Center are very dedicated to our guests, we will do anything we can to ensure their stay with us is an experience of a home away from home, I apologize that this is not what you experienced. We will continue to use your information to improve for the future guests that stay with us. I hope that when in Pittsburgh again you will let us show you our true customer service skills. Have a wonderful day!

Annapolis, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Stayed here for two nights first weekend in Sep '12 with my girlfriend. Room on 18th floor was large, quiet, and had a great view. Staff was friendly checking in. Pool on the 11th floor is pretty neat as well and the fitness center is good! Room service for breakfast was a little slow, but we thought the food was great. Parking is expensive but that is typical of inner city hotel stays.

Room Tip: Get something higher up, avoid the city noise.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
robert p, Manager at Marriott Pittsburgh City Center, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
Thank you for taking time and commenting on your stay with us here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I am happy that while staying as our guest you were able to utilize the pool and fitness center. I am also glad to hear that you enjoyed room service, though it was a bit slow. I will be passing this information on to our Director of Outlets so that he may use it to improve for the future. We hope to have you as our guest again in the near future! Have a wonderful day!

Marriott Pittsburgh City Center

Been to Marriott Pittsburgh City Center? Share your experiences!