“Going downhill” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: Pub
“Going downhill”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I've been going to the Pineville for years and have seen many changes. The food itself is not bad, there are some good choices and the atmosphere can be fun at times. I like the outdoor area and the landscaping/garden. I don't even mind the valet. However it's definitely declined. The meatball parm was my go to meal but even that wasn't that great the last time. The burger has shrunk, lost flavor and is no longer top in the area. And the prices have increased. They have taken their eye off the ball in terms of service. I had especially rude service from Sharon at the bar and more than once. Friends have had a similar experience. Ever since the new addition and being on DD&D, they've lost their focus. Most of the long time staff have left so there tends to be hiccups. This place used to be consistently good and the employees were happy to see you...not any more. And the worst part is I'm not sure if the owners care.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Good but needs better servers”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We live not to far from this place and go every once in a while. The valet parking is so stupid to start. There was no wait this past weekend and I don't understand why they stuck us in the bar area an no one was in there. Many open tables in the other rooms but we got the bar and the bartender was our waiter and was tending bar. We waited more then 10 minutes for him to take our order. I have a 10 minute rule for acknowledgement or I walk. If you can't greet someone in 10 minutes it's time to go. I gave them about 12. We felt like we were the only people in there yet had to wait forever. The food is good. The service has went down hill and the valet is just crazy. We like this place but oh how it has changed. Their homemade ravioli is great. Hopefully the service will be better.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New Hope, Pennsylvania
“Excellent Tavern Fare & Dinner Entrees”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We frequent the Pineville Tavern several times a year when we are interested in a impromptu casual dinner. Frequently we will enjoy an appetizer and follow with a salad or sandwich. Most recently my wife and I would shared the jalapeno poppers, while I enjoyed the black and blue burger (cajun seasoned burger with blue cheese and bacon) and my wife had the meat ball parmesan sandwich. Sandwiches are well prepared, flavorful and served with steak fries and slaw. The portions are robust.

A full dinner menu is available with pasta, steakhouse, seafood and chicken. Full dinner options are also well prepared and we have enjoyed these offerings throughout the years. This fare tends to be traditional. The most inventive fare is the daily chalk board specials.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Good food -- Great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Shared a weekday lunch with family. Very friendly and efficient waiter. The food was very good and the price was right. WIll be back

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Line Lexington, Pennsylvania
“Pineville Tavern”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Great menu, very good atmosphere, quaint and historic setting, liked it so much we went back and got a gift certificate for a gift.

• Visited June 2013