“He's Back!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Dessert
Phila. PA
“He's Back!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

We had the extreme pleasure of eating a dinner at Black Lab on Tuesday. The food was wonderful and the service outstanding. So anyone who stopped going to this restaurant because they though the food had changed think again- the old chef ( and wonderful assistants) is back!!! Love the BYOB restaurants- this is definitely one of my favorites. The porcini crusted rib eye was delicious and enough for 2 meals!! My dining partners all had the lamb and raved about it!!

Visited March 2014

Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
“Beautiful atmosphere, delicious food, nice waitstaff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

We ate here for the first time this past weekend and absolutely loved it! I had the filet mignon. It was one of the best that I have had. It was cooked to the temperature I ordered it and seasoned well. Their fries were good as well. Our waitress was wonderful, friendly and nice enough to answer any question that we had about the menu. My mother-in-law is very particular with her meals and often drives waitresses crazy with her preferences (no sauce or seasoning on the steak, no soggy fries, only lettuce in her salad..etc) When my mother in law's fries came up positioned under her steak ,which caused them to be soggy, our waitress was very sweet and accommodating enough to bring her out a separate plate of additional fries. We had the chocolate cake for dessert. Equally as good! The atmosphere of Black lab is absolutely perfect! From the exposed brick wall, to the molded ceilings, Black Lab's decor was carefully thought out to keep the integrity of the historical building. I spent half of dinner just gazing around at all of the details. If I had to find a negative, I'd say that it was a little pricey, BUT worth it based on the food, service, and atmosphere. We will make this our special birthday/anniversary place to go and cannot wait to go back!

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Harleysville, Pennsylvania
“Noisey and Rushed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Went with another couple. Called ahead for a 6:00 seating. Restaurant was empty but we were told we couldn't be seated until our whole party arrived. We were rushed through dinner. One course coming immediately after another with no break. Various waiters came repeatedly to our table to ask of if we were done and removed individual plates before everyone was done eating. Noise level made it hard to carry on a conversation. Food was a mixed bag.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
malvern, pa
“heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

went with four friends...had the salmon and the ceasar salad.......the best salmon I had ever and the salad was enjoyable........salamo was not fishy...........others at my table, enjoyed beef with mashed potatoes...........they loved it..........the one guy was with will be coming back with his wife.........he travels internationally and thoroughly enjoyed his meal.......he then ordered the tiramusa for dessert and loved it..............the only negative was that the creme brulee was good but would like it not be cold......warm would have given this a major fabulous.......will definitely go back and request that my creme brulee be warmed.............

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“my favorite restaurant in Phoenixville”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

I've always liked the Black Lab Bistro but it seems to have been bumped up a notch under new management. The menu just seems tighter, and I would put it in the same league now as Kimberton Inn and almost reaching The Birchrunville Store Cafe territory. Definitely the best restaurant in Phoenixville.

• Visited December 2013