“Short Menu, but Long on Taste” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 96 Restaurants in Phoenixville
Cuisines: Italian
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Short Menu, but Long on Taste”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

Vecchia Napoli has a very short menu; White Pizza, Margharita Pizza, Buffalo Cheese Pizza, Cow cheese Pizza and a salad. Oh, and a Nutella Pizza for dessert. Short, yes, but the quality is very good. All pizzas come in 1 size- 12" and toppings are few but the crust is excellent and the service is too.
I'd suggest skipping the Water Buffalo Pizza because it is wet, and destroys the texture of the crust. The crust is the highlight, watch your crust thrown in the air, tossed into the huge pizza oven in the center of the restaurant and then served quickly tableside. This place isn't fancy, but it costs $12-18 for a 12" pizza, and they are a BYOB, so pack a beer, they have openers.
In the mood for Neopolitan Pizza? Vecchia Napoli may have a short menu, but they are long on taste!

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Absolutely awesome!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

So glad I was recommended to this fantastic little pizza joint! Gorgeous pizza oven in a little corner spot in Phoenixville. Small menu, with focused effort on awesome, authentic pizza. Grazie!

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Worth the Wait and Worth the Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

We've been coming here since almost the beginning, and we're so happy to see Vecchia get the critical acclaim it deserves. Of course, with success comes a longer wait for a table, but I can assure you it is very much worth it. Their white pizza is the best I've ever had.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
“Best Pizza this side of the Atlantic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I lived in Italy for 4 years while in the Military, and I tried Pizza all over Italy. Vecchia Napoli is the ONLY place I have been in the U.S. in the past 5 years that makes pizza like they do in Italy. They keep it simple with just a few items and everything is fresh and delicious.
Eat a whole pie or split it and you will taste how pizza is meant to taste.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Best pizza in the world”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I went in there having had Pizza in Napoli Italy on my resume left having the best pizza ever had on the corner of Gay Street I was going to get it to go the man persisted I stay and try one slice I end up eating the whole pie it was so good that I asked for one to go and I haven't tried Nutella pizza but I can't wait truly was the best pizza I ever had