“Good food” 4 of 5 stars

Cross street: Route 23
malvern, pa
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Waitress was attentive; portions larger than I expected; food was good--had salmon dish; having dreams of still eating the creme brulee.....would definitely go back again.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

75% Recommend
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Solid restaurant in Phoenixvile with a charming decor.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Good food and service at this quaint Phoenixville restaurant. We had no problems during our dinner with 7 people. We had a nice private room and the dinner went smoothly.

Food was good but not great. Service was fine - nothing outstanding but nothing negative either.

There is ample parking here in a lot, which is very convenient.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Don't!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Our meal for 30 + people at Becca's was an unpleasant experience for many of us and an embarrassing one for me as I had recommended this restaurant. There were so many varied problems that it's hard to believe!

My advice to all considering this dining spot: don't!

If you do go...

DON'T:

1. expect your servers to be well trained or professional.
2. expect that there will be enough servers to handle your party if it is a larger one.
3. expect to be served water without having to ask for it. I had to get up and help to get glasses and water to our tables
4. expect that you will actually get what you ordered - it may go to someone else at the table.
5. expect the portions to be equally sized - they were noticeably different!!
6. expect a speedy replacement of your meal once it has been given to someone else. You may have to take it home as the others will be finished eating their dinner.
7. expect the server or the owner to be truthful with you.
8. bother to ask to speak to the chef/owner - your server will tell you that he is not there. He will later tell you that, of course, he was there. Bottom line: no one saw him despite a request that he appear the night of our dinner.
9. bother to call afterward and expect to have your call returned
10. expect the chef/owner to admit that he ever heard about or received your phone message even though they did get all messages I left when planning the gathering
11. don't expect that the chef /owner will take your call when you do reach a person on the other end of the phone - he'll be busy.
12. don't expect the chef/owner to be courteous or concerned about the issues you had when dining in his establishment when you do speak.
13. expect him to offer much of anything - his reluctant apology followed an angry, aggressive denial of the facts and an attack on me and members of my party for upsetting his servers.
14. expect him to stop screaming at you when he does call you back the first time you ask him to cease yelling. It took a few requests for him to do that.
14. don't expect that the owner chef will offer you any sort of compensation to entice you to come back.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
North Wales, PA
“First time reviewer - I was just appalled at the bad service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

Becca's is a very cute, historic spot we found for a night my husband and I picked to catch up with another couple. Our waitress was worse than any I've ever experienced. She knew nothing about the menu when we asked a couple of questions and didn't bother to find out for us. When my pasta arrived with the spoon completely under the food, she made sure to point it out for me to fish out of the sauce. She had a terrible personality and lack of attentiveness, (even though the place was nearly empty).
It's a shame how she took away from the food which we overall enjoyed. I also want to mention that we were presented with a bread basket, of which we were to choose 1 piece. We found that a little odd. Tossing our check onto the table confirmed that things were just not right.
Overall, the food and atmosphere were good but Becca's please, train your wait staff to be knowledgeable and most of all, courteous!

Highly recommend: Beet salad, lobster and lobster bisque

• 4 of 5 stars Food
“New Year's Eve at Becca's”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Becca's was very busy on New Year's Eve. The food was very good. They had a five course meal and we all felt the first four courses were rushed and then there was a very long wait for the last course which was dessert. We were seated upstairs which was horrible. Lights too bright and it was like we were seated in the hallway. They need to close off that space with a wall or curtain.
Will go back again because the food was good but will only take a table downstairs.

• Visited December 2012