“Amazing Southern Fare” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 96 Restaurants in Phoenixville
Cuisines: American
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Starr St
Description: Best described as American Continental, the menu ranges from twists on traditional favorites, to innovative combinations that you won’t find elsewhere. Chef Favacchia strives to carefully layer each dish with flavors that make you want to savor every bite, and generous portions that won’t leave you hungry. Every dish is prepared to order, and we can accommodate almost any dietary restriction. Chef Favacchia changes the menu frequently to reflect the season & highlight new ingredients. Featuring the work of local artist Siobhan Bedford, the dining room is warm and vibrant, and the outdoor dining tucked behind the restaurant is a relaxing way to enjoy a summer night.
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
“Amazing Southern Fare”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

As a yankee who loves food south of the Mason Dixon, I have over the years had to wait till I travelled to somewhere like Charleston SC to enjoy it, as anyone who is familiar with southern food will acknowledge it is made best in it's native south. This restaurant will save me a great deal of money on travel, as it is amazing. The food is excellent and according to our server (who is married to one of the chefs and owners) it is created by another yankee who loves southern fare as much as I do, but seems to cook it much better than I do! Don't miss the shrimp and grits, try the collard greens. Come hungry because this is a place that you will want to try appetizers, entrees and dessert, and trust me when I say that none should be skipped here. This is a place created out of love for food and family, though, it is a place for grown up diners with good manners so please keep that in mind. Also, this is a BYOB, so if you wish for wine with your meal keep that in mind also. Ya'll enjoy, you will not be disappointed.

Visited May 2013

“Salty potatoes”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

The meal was generally good but my potatoes were very salty... I would have appreciated some kind of gesture - perhaps a slice of pie or some kind of dessert. My main course (filet w/ roquefort crust) was fairly decent and wife enjoyed her salmon. I do like though that it was BYOB.

Pros: Informal, eclectic choices, nice waitstaff, BYOB
Cons: Fairly loud atmosphere, tight tables, salty potatoes

I think I would try it regardless of my review though as family and friends generally say very positive things about it. So, take my review with a "grain of salt" and please try it for yourself. And if anything, the Phoenixville downtown drag is a great place to hang out, sip a glass of wine, take a stroll, grab a movie at the historical Colonial Theater among many things.

Visited July 2013
Chester Springs, Pennsylvania
“What a treasure in Phoenixville”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We were looking for a special place to celebrate a birthday, looked on trip advisor and Marly's
had a great rating and did not disappoint. The back patio is charming with perrenials and white lights and you would never know you were in Phoenixville. Menu was eclectic and one of the first times I could say everything looked great, unusual pairings but all blended together for an
excellent meal. The bay scallops were perfect served with a dried cranberry risotto and paper thin zucchini ribbons. The duck, hanger steak were equally as delicious and shrimp and grits
like they came from the low country. Our waiter convinced us to split a chocolate peanut butter
bread pudding and we were so glad we did. Appetizer was green fried tomatoes, probably the
best we have ever had, even after living in the south. Kudos to the chef! BYO which also worked out well on a hot summer evening.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
belle haven
“What a treat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Arrived early on a Friday night hoping for a table without a reservation. Staff could not have been more accommodating. Menu is pleasantly out of the ordinary without being weird. We shared the grilled shrimp with guacamole appetizer. Guacamole was fresh and tangy and the shrimp were perfectly seasoned and cooked. the same skill was evident in my orange molasses glazed hanger steak and in my companion's - again perfectly cooked - scallops. Risottos were just right, even the veggies were perfectly done. BYOB, friendly staff, pleasant surroundings and great food at reasonable prices. Looking forward to returning.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia
“Looking for unique?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

The restaurant is very nice with a good atmosphere, just a little cramped. The food is well prepared and a good presentation. The staff was also very nice and not rushing you out. Make sure you bring your own wine since they do not serve alcohol.

So why only 3 stars? The food was just a little too unusual for us even thought we like different things. Don't go here unless you want something more unusual. For example, you can't get a simple steak, it will have unusual toppings on it like roquefort cheese. This may work for some, but I thought it went too far. The chicken we had was very good, but the way it was prepared made it very salty.

Bring people who enjoy very unusual foods and leave the kids at home.

• Visited April 2013