“Weird” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Phoenixville
Chesterton, United States
“Weird”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Lights are not operated by the switch at the door. I discovered that due to the lamps on the wall having no independent on/off switch, the lamps are unplugged from the wall. This is how I had to turn off my lights on, and then off at bedtime...by moving a cabinet to unplug the lights. I discussed this with my colleague with whom I was travelling the next morning to find he had the same issue and also his TV was unplugged when he arraived. A fact he discovered only after troubleshooting his remote/batteries, etc.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
shrewsbury, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

The kitchen suite was very roomy, the furniture could have been a little better in the living area but it was fine. Nice use of space by the kitchen and nice to have a table by the fridge. For some reason, the water from the bathroom sink smelled horrible, and actually made your hands smell. I ran the water thinking the room wasn't used in a while but that didn't help. It must be the city water but the shower was ok, so it didn't make sense. All in all though the room was great and the location to where we needed to be was perfect.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Schnecksville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Front Desk staff was very professional and accomodating. Hotel was clean with very nice common areas. Room were clean and bathrooms very nice. Pillows could be better. Outdoor seating with fire pit was excellent for our group to relax in the evening.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Oakland, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

For trips to the expo mart this is the closest at the best price. Comfortable and mostly clean. Beginning to need a good cleaning around the edges of baseboards and drapery tops. Typical breakfast. Hot and plenty to start the day. Helpful and friendly staff. Will be coming back.

Stayed July 2014
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I write this review as I continue to await a refund of my stay this past weekend. I was told on Sunday morning and again yesterday (7/16/14) that a refund was in process. Unfortunately, according to American Express, none has been initiated yet. I have an open case with Hilton Honors and will be providing them with my progress in obtaining a refund tomorrow.
My story begins on Friday night, 7/11/14. Knowing I was running late, I called this Hampton Inn at 8pm to let the front desk know that I would be a late arrival, hopefully by 11pm. The confused sounding young man on the other end said "OK" but never asked my name or confirmation number. I thought that strange, but continued on my way to the hotel. Upon arrival, the same young man processed my arrival. I sensed an issue as he spent an extended amount of time looking through the computer. He confirmed something with the older gentleman he was working with, they agreed, and I was given my keys. Upon entering my room (it was a suite) I immediately noticed something was not right. First I noticed the cooktop and countertop were dirty. I went to put my water bottle in the refrigerator, and there was a large soda spill in it. As I looked closer I noticed dirty child's handprints on all of the windows and mirrors, not just smudges, but dirty, like from a small child eating with their hands. The rug was covered in spots with crushed Cheerio's and Goldfish. The head of a doll was in a dusty corner. Old soap was in the tub and coffee grounds were on the kitchen floor. I immediately opened the sleeper sofa(where my daughter would be sleeping) and found the sheets in a ball in the middle, dirty and unchanged. I called the front desk. I expected a sorry and we will send someone right up to make up your room. Instead I got a sorry, nothing we can do for you, housekeeping is gone for the night and we have no other rooms!!! I asked for a manager, was told none was present. I asked the gentleman I was speaking to if he would come up and look at the room, and he told me he could not. All I was offered was new sheets for the sleeper sofa, and was told that the night worker(??) would deliver them. I then called Hilton Honors, immediately filed a complaint with them. Hilton offered to find me another room, but the only available was over 1 hour away. Since I just drove over 3 hours, was unfamiliar with the area and being the late hour it was I chose to stay and make the best of it. Once the night worker arrived, sheets in hand, I asked him to look around the room. After about 10 seconds he realized no housekeeping had occurred in this room prior to my arrival. He left, got new sheets and pillowcases for my bed (I suspected they too were not changed) and a new duvet. I wiped down the counter tops myself and settled in for a sleepless night. On Saturday morning, I asked for a manager and explained what occurred the night before. I was assured a manager would be in and hear my issues. I also was told at this point that I would be entitled to a refund under the 100% satisfied guarantee. I later met up with the Manager, who happened to be the Housekeeping Manager. She assured me she would clean the room herself. She said it was a busy weekend and the room I was placed in was originally out of service, but no one remembered why. We stopped back around 1pm, the room was clean and fresh smelling. She made sure an excellent job was done. We left for the rest of the day and arrived back at 8:30pm. My daughter went into the bathroom and called out "Mom, we have a problem!". The problem-a flood of water, leaking from under the far wall of the bathroom, leaving the whole bathroom and connecting area to the bedroom saturated. We discovered WHY room 225 was out of service originally!! There was a leak, probably from room 325!! I called the front desk to report the leak. Was asked if I was sure it was a leak or if it was from our shower. I explained it was a leak, we just returned after being gone all day, I was told that someone would be up with towels-needless to say they never arrived.
On Sunday morning, I awoke to find I was fully charged for my stay, no 100% guarantee here!! I went to the front desk (again1) spoke to a young lady who said she was new and had no idea how to reverse the charges. She asked if I could wait for the manager. We were checking out then 6:45am-and had no plans to return. She then called her manager. The manager explained how to process the refund, and I was provided a new receipt showing a refund of my charges.
Unfortunately though, my American Express card not only received the original charges, it still has not received the refund. I spoke to the manager Jayson Miller on 7/16/14. My conversation was odd. I introduced myself, explained my problems with the room, explained how things were handled and explained how I haven't received my refund yet. I never got an I'm sorry or any words of acknowledgment. Nothing, Just that my refund was processed and should be received in 48-72 hours depending on my credit card. I still wait. And wait. And wait.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Jayson M, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Valley Forge/Oaks, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Thank you for staying with us. I apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay. We stand by our service. Im sorry that we fell short of your and our expectations, and since you were not satisfied you shouldn't have to pay. If you need anything please feel free to contact me.
Pottstown, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

our door did not lock for our 3 night stay. I reported it the first night and they never fixed it. I do not believe they intend to fix it. they said they knew there where several rooms like this. HELLO! THEN FIX THEM!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for staying with us. I apologize for the issues with your door lock. We have resolved the issue. If you need anything please feel free to contact me
Berwick, Pennsylvania, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I reserved a Handicapped Accessible room with a Roll-in-shower due to medical issues, only to find that my room was given away and that none where available. The in-room refrigerator made an unbearable humming sound so I had to unplug it. Management seemed to always be missing in action when needed to address these issues.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Jayson M, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Valley Forge/Oaks, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thank you for staying with us. I apologize that we did not meet your room needs I will address the situation to see what went wrong and will have it corrected for the future. If you need anything please feel free to let me know

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Valley Forge/Oaks? Share your experiences!