“Fabulous staff!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Phoenixville
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
“Fabulous staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I have been using Hilton Properties for years, because I am never disappointed when I do, with the staff and facilities. I am writing this review, because the staff at this location was exceptional!! Kay Hermsen, the Front Office Manager, went out of her way to make sure we all (there was 10 of us!) had what we needed, no matter what time of day it was. We all stayed there for 6 nights. The hotel was full, but we would never know it by the wonderful hospitality they showed us! Shanna at the front desk was so nice to deal with, when checking in. She made me feel like I was the only person she was checking in and wanted to be sure I had everything I needed. Ella the breakfast lady, made us a pot of coffee before it was time, when she saw we needed to leave the hotel before breakfast time. Nellie made sure our room rates didn't change, when we had to change our stay, by one night. Last but not least, Venessa the woman who cleaned our room, could not be nicer and I have to say our room was cleaned everyday, like I cleaned it myself!! I highly recommend staying here and the Hilton Company has to be so proud of these people.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

229 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Seattle, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We enjoyed our stay. Clean, convenient, awesome staff. The breakfast and fresh cookies were perfect. The only rough part was a LOUD AC system that made sleeping hard. Otherwise, a wonderful experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Saint Augustine, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Hampton Inn has been my go-to hotel for several years now. This location proved why...excellence in everything you expect in a stay. From the moment we walked in and were greater by Leslie until our checkout, the stay was great. The hotel is very clean, quiet and the staff accommodating. They are planning a lobby renovation soon and although I didn't see anything wrong with the current decor, that tells you they are always keeping things fresh. The breakfast was filling with a good mix if cold and hot items. I noticed a calendar in the lobby area indicating a week night reception offering meals as well. That's great for the business travel, this location definitely gets two thumbs up from me.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Allentown, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

despite the hotel being a packed house with the US Open it was very quiet and comfortable I was honored as Guest of the day and that was a treat and a surprise as I stayed at many Hamptons and never saw that - maybe it was unique to this location If I ever have a business trip toward King of Prussia I will surely stay here again as it was a great location to get on the highway to the conference location

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

syracuse NY, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Dissatisfied with customer service and billing. some unfriendly, unprofessional staff, unresolved issues.both pre and post reservation. The room and bedding however were were very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

State College, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Excellent stay, pleasant staff, everyone was great, from Leslie at front desk to the kitchen staff, always attentive and ready to help. Well located, clean, comfortable, everything you expect from Hampton. Congratulations on a great hotel. We recommend it to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We stayed here over the Memorial Day weekend as my daughter had a soccer tournament in nearby Malvern. The property is beautiful, and in a very nice area of suburban Philadelphia. We had a one-bedroom suite for the four of us, and it could not have been nicer. The breakfast was very good, and the lobby is very nice.

The five-star rating comes from their service. Due to the nature of the tournament, we did not know if our daughter's team would qualify to Monday, and they did not. The hotel was great, letting us check-out 1/2 hour to 45 minutes late, as we did not return from her game until almost noon on Sunday. I cannot say enough good things about this property and the people running the place, and I would absolutely stay here again on another trip to the Philadelphia area.

Room Tip: I would pay the extra $20 for the suite. They are great, almost like a one-bedroom condo.