“Good option for solo travelers” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now and Save 15%
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Phoenixville
Bellows Falls, United States
“Good option for solo travelers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I chose this hotel for its proximity to an event I needed to attend and because I have had good experiences with Hampton Inns on the past. As a solo female traveler, I liked that the parking areas/common areas are well lit and feel safe. Check-in was a breeze, front desk staff were friendly and helpful, room was immaculate and well-stocked with everything I needed. I particularly like the outlets/data ports in the nightstand -- no need to crawl around under the desk to plug in devices. The wifi was fast and easy to log into. Bed was comfy -- although they do use the awful square pillows that are so popular in hotels these days. My only real complaint was that the afternoon hallway noise was too audible in my room. I arrived at about 4 pm after a long day's driving and would have liked to take an afternoon nap before my evening event, but the banging of housekeeping carts and room doors was too loud to accomplish that without earplugs. At night I ran the fan for some white noise, and that helped. I also wish they had sheer curtains in addition to the blackout curtains (that didn't fully close without letting some parking lot light in), so that you could have some light without totally sacrificing privacy. Breakfast was above average, well-stocked, and kept tidy. There was a decent balance of heavy hot items -- eggs, sausage, french toast -- as well as healthier items -- yogurt, fruit, oatmeal. Coffee was pretty good. Although I didn't use it, I appreciated the guest laundry. This hotel met all my needs perfectly well with no major deficits. It's not walkable to much except the Bob Evans an Italian restaurant and a nearby shopping plaza, but it is easily accessible from the highway, although the driveway could be marked more clearly -- I took a wrong turn back onto the highway and ended needing to backtrack 8 miles to return.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

First time in a while that I have walked in a Hampton and literally said wow to myself. This place was just so immaculate in appearance. It was bright and just welcoming. The staff at the front desk lived up to the lobby experience, they were engaging and helpful. The room was as impressive and consistant with my first impression set for me when I walked in the lobby. The room was modern and more than exceeded my expectations. The welcome reception is a great unexpected touch . I dont usually gush about a hotel but you when you add the more than reasonable rate along with all the other positives this it is a true find. I have stayed a 5 star hotels that didn't impress me as much.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
jobstown, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

The hotel staff was very nice and helpful, the bed was comfortable. Room was the best price in the area and very nice. Overall I was very pleased with the service and quality of the hotel. The only thing to complain about was a lumpy comforter, but that is only do to the fact that they are over washed which is a small price to pay for a clean room.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Inn has both new Startac elliptical as well as very efficient one piece weight training machine. For that alone, will stay here while visiting my niece during her 4 year tenure at Ursinus. Staff very nice, breakfast surprisingly tasteful, place immaculate, and the kicker was they made an extra effort to locate my 9 year old's "stuffy" which had fallen underneath the sofa bed, and remained in PA when we returned home. They shipped her right out for us. Very nice staff, nice vibe, 5-8 minutes from Ursinus.

Room Tip: 4th floor apparently had minifridge and microwave. We were told our 2nd floor room had them, but no...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Binghamton, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

This hotel was the best! everything was very clean, breakfast had a variety and was delicious, The great quality was worth the money - $100 for a king bed and a pullout sofa. The room was modern built and was simple but comfortable. the bathroom was big and water warm.

Room Tip: very clean, complimentary toiletries if forgot some, friendly manager!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Obviously the staff at this hotel read our booking email as it was our 24th anniversary. They did everything to make us feel at home including selecting us their "guest of the day" and reserving the suite with the fireplace for us. This is an excellent hotel with a friendly and courteous staff and we recommend it to anyone staying in the area.

Room Tip: We've stayed several times and all rooms have been good.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

The staff was excellent, rooms well maintained and the complimentary breakfast & happy hour was quite good and made the trip surprisingly more cost effecient. Location to where we were visiting (Ursinus College) was great and there were excellent restaurants and shopping within a couple of miles. Excellent location for business or college trips

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Valley Forge/Oaks? Share your experiences!