“Small, Quaint and Pleasant” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now and Save 15%
Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Phoenixville
Queens, NY
“Small, Quaint and Pleasant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

Stayed here for BeadFest this past weekend. Before I booked the room I asked how close it was to the Expo Center. Once I heard it was 1/2 mile away I hustled to Expedia and grabbed a room. It was as close as promised. The staff is very friendly. They called once I settled in to make sure I was satisfied. Then again the night before check out. The breakfast buffet is nothing to crow about--it's standard fare, just enough to get you going in the morning. The room was larger than my old apartment. Bedding was fresh, kitchenette and bathroom were spotless. No room service or spa here. Pool is small but comfortable. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Use Expedia
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
PhoenixvilleHampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Valley Forge/Oaks, responded to this review, August 25, 2011
Hello from Team Hampton Inn & Suites, Valley Forge/Oaks!

Thank you for taking the opportunity to share your experience in this fashion!

I am pleased to know that we were efficient in ensuring your stay with us was above your expectations in some areas, and just met, in others.

We take your feedback extremely serious, and would love for you to share some more insight on what we can do to improve upon our breakfast offerings. This feedback will, of course, then be shared with Hilton Hotels for review.

I trust when your stay brings you back to our area, you will once again give the Hampton Inn & Suites, Valley Forge/Oaks, the opportunity to host you.

Yours in hospitality,

Ricardo Williams, General Manager

218 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Dru_travels_alot
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

I stayed at this Hampton Inn one night for business. As a Hilton Gold member I was upgraded to suite without asking which was very nice. The suite was three rooms. The large main room had a kitchenette (with sink, microwave, large refrigerator, stove top and breakfast bar). Furniture could use a little updating but was ok.

Bathroom was normal size. No frills. And outside of the bathroom was the sink and closet.

One thing I will say is that the air conditioner in my living room area and bedroom were abnormally loud when they were running. So much so I could not hear the tv when it started up and it woke me up all night long every time it turned on (the bedroom a/c was right next to the bed). That was a bit annoying given that it is summer and the air conditioner is a must. This was suite 300.

Overall, very friendly staff! Nice breakfast buffet with one waffle maker.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Greetings!

Thank you, thank you, and thank you again for sharing your experience here with this community!

I have already informed our Chief Engineer about the noise from the HVAC unit, and he is already working to resolve the issue so that no other guest experiences that discomfort.

As a Valued HHonor Gold Member, we thank you for your loyalty to the Hilton Family of Hotels, and look forward to your next stay with us.

Ricardo Williams, General Manager
Worcester, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

I was recently married in late May and booked a block of rooms at this hotel for myself and my wedding guests, as it was one of the only hotels near my venue.

First, the good: the location is excellent! It is situated at the entrance of 422 so it is easy to navigate, and if you shoot down Egypt road you'll be in downtown Phoenixville in less than 5 minutes. There is ample parking, I found the hotel to meet my (high) standards of cleanliness, the lobby on the first floor is great if you are meeting people/want to relax for a few minutes, the beds are comfortable, and the suites were HUGE. The hotel itself is slightly outdated, but it is not bothersome, and the breakfast buffet was fine, but nothing to write home about. (Good coffee though, which was necessary the day after the wedding!!)

Now, moving onto the bad. The biggest issue I had with the hotel was that my guests called to reserve rooms and were told there was 'no room at the inn' when we still had rooms open in our block. I called multiple times to sort out the issue and it was not properly taken care of. Guests would mention our wedding party and the dates and simply be told that the block was full when it wasn't! (I was truly mortified). I tried to move past that, as I had other more important things to worry about... fast forward to check-in the day before my wedding. They didn't have my name in the system!! It took the woman about 20 minutes to figure out it was under my husband's last name (even though I paid for it with a card in my name). She barely apologized, meanwhile I was close to a full-scale panic attack.

Let me preface the next statement with this fact - I was NOT a bridezilla by any means. However, I did expect the hotel to do something, ANYTHING, special, and I was extremely disappointed that they didn't. Perhaps even just recognizing my name or saying congratulations? Anyway, the next day when I was checking out was the final straw for me. The man who works at the desk was counting money when I approached him and asked if I needed to do anything other than turn in my key to check-out. He responded that he was busy doing something else and that I would have to come back, insinuating that I had interrupted him with my question. I simply set my key down and said 'fine' and walked outside to cool down... he later apologized after I came in, but it was extremely insincere. I have traveled the world, but I don't think I have ever encountered a situation that has angered me so much.

If you are looking for a quick, cheap, clean stay, this is the place for you. If you actually care about good service or if you are using the hotel for a group/family stay, it's not.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
PhoenixvilleHampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Valley Forge/Oaks, responded to this review, August 2, 2011
Good afternoon,

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for sharing your reviews about our property.

First, let me also say CONGRATULATIONS! I wish you many years of continued happiness.

Every review is taken as a way to learn and improve upon our Service and Accommodations delivery.

I also wanted to apologize for any frustrations you encountered from the staff here. We have made some significant changes and we are confident they are for the best.

Yours in hospitality,

Ricardo Williams
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

After leaving an extremely undesirable local hotel, we arrived to a super friendly desk clerk at the Valley Forge Hampton Inn. He placed us in a clean, comfortable, gorgeous room that far exceeded our expectations. It was a welcome relief from our previous (non-Hampton) stay. I just booked this same hotel for a return trip this August. It will always be my hotel of choice when in Valley Forge area. Excellent!!

Room Tip: Book online well in advance for best rate.
  • Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Bridgewater, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011

Surprised at how nice the property was, sheets were very clean, staff was nice, GREAT stay!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Gahanna, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2011

Mary Ellen was the person who prepared the stay for our stay. She was so helpful even to the point of providing me with personal property to help my stay be more comfortable. All of the staff were very kind and professional. I hope to return here very soon. Thank you Mary Ellen and staff. You guys are great!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
bowling green, ky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2011

This was a very nice, clean, and friendly hotel. The staff was very welcoming, the hot breakfast was wonderful. They even had jumper cables to help start our car when the battery died!! Would definitely recommend this.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Valley Forge/Oaks? Share your experiences!