“Home away from home, with a little bit of home right there” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Beiler's Guest House Rooms & Suites

Beiler's Guest House  Rooms & Suites
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Paradise
Beiler's Guest House Rooms & Suites
You added Beiler's Guest House Rooms & Suites to your Saves list
3153 Lincoln Hwy., Paradise, PA 17562 (Formerly Beiler's Bed & Breakfast)   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Paradise B&B and Inns
Long Beach, California
“Home away from home, with a little bit of home right there”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Owner Barbie Beiler is one of the nicest people you'll ever meet. She is pleasant, helpful, knowledgeable, a great cook, and at your service whenever you need. She helped me so much to locate sites I was interested in, and even found an Amish Mennonite church for me to visit. (I know, term is a little contradictory, but the experience was memorable--uplifting and welcoming.)

My schedule didn't permit me to be there for breakfast every morning, so I just paid for one breakfast. It worked out well for me, plus saved a little money.

I stayed 10 nights, in two different rooms. First I was upstairs. The room was large, with 2 beds. I stayed there part of my visit, because some of the nights I'd be there were already reserved by someone else. There was direct access to a large kitchen. The other nights I stayed downstairs. The room had one bed and was smaller, but I appreciated not having to climb the stairs when returning late at night, or when doing laundry (conveniently located on first floor). There was a kitchen on the first floor, also, but I only used it once, to store the world's best ice cream from Lapp Valley Farm, in New Holland. I'd learned about the farm from an informative video about the area, which Barbie had for loan in the breakfast room. There were several books and videos available to use, but I only took time for that one.

The location was very convenient. It was close to stores and attractions, yet far enough away to enjoy being in a more rural, scenic area.

I am looking forward to another stay ASAP! This was so much nicer than staying in a hotel. If you check in on a Sunday, you get Thursday night free--such a deal.

The only reason I didn't give a 5 circle rating was a few minor inconveniences, such as the upstairs room having the bathroom outside in a hallway, and the downstairs room having a coat rack but no closet. These things were not that important to me, in exchange for a reasonable cost. However, I don't want to mislead someone by saying everything was excellent. The value was definitely 5 stars, the hostess was 10 stars. If you ever find such a nice place at such a good price, and the rooms are stellar--you are out in the boonies or else in a haunted house. This will now be my go-to residence in Amish Country. :-D

Room Tip: When I was in a downstairs room, it was right on Highway 30, Lincoln Highway. I am a good sleeper...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
barbiebeiler, Owner at Beiler's Guest House Rooms & Suites, responded to this review, September 2, 2012
Appreciate your kind review and look forward to seeing you again!
There are still a-lot of fun places you need to explore!:)
Although you stayed quite busy while here.
Till next time then!
Barbie Beiler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Chesapeake, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

What a wonderful way to spend our vacation in PA! I have never been to an Inn where we are treated more like family than visitors! LOVED mornings on the porch with Barbie and her wonderful breakfasts and stories! We stayed at the beautifully appointed Green Room and appreciated the convenience of having a kitchen right next to the room. It helped us a lot to have a host who is so knowledgeable of the Amish culture and who guided us to all the right places for our visit. Our days were always full and our nights spent in great comfort at the Beiler's! Can not wait to go back!! Thank you Barbie, for everything you did for us! :) :)

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
barbiebeiler, Owner at Beiler's Guest House Rooms & Suites, responded to this review, March 8, 2012
Thanks so much for your kind comments!:)
It gives us great pleasure to help you have the best possible experiance in our beautiful Lancaster County!
Our policy is to treat others the way we want to be treated when we go away.
Looking forward to your return!
Williamstown, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

My husband and I stayed in the Quaker room for a weekend in the fall. Everything was very clean and the amenities were nice (private bath, shared kitchen access, private entrance, beautiful patio, Jacuzzi, etc.). Breakfast was tasty and adequate, but the selection was relatively small (the homemade yogurt had raspberry sauce in it, which is great unless you don’t like raspberry; there was one type of baked good each day, Saturday was apple Danish and Sunday was cinnamon bun; the hot selections were limited, Saturday was omelets and Sunday was omelets and pancakes, but there were no meats to choose from, no hash browns/home fries/etc.; the only fruit that was offered was canned peaches mixed with white grapes; OJ was the only juice available). The owners are nice and willing to share about things to do in the area and Amish/Mennonite info. Our first night there, the owner’s son showed us to our room and helped take our luggage in through the adjoining kitchen; we then went to dinner and upon returning, we thought we were locked out, as our key didn’t work in the door where we entered our room earlier. When the owner came over to investigate, she explained her son neglected to show us the entrance in which our key worked (she commented that he’s often in a hurry). Upon checking out Sunday morning following breakfast, the owner asked how we liked our room. I commented that we thought the bed seemed very firm; the owner indicated they get more complaints if the beds are too soft. The water pressure in the shower was VERY low; the owner said she would check to see if there was something in the showerhead impeding the flow. I also indicated we were surprised at the removal of the window AC unit halfway through our stay; at first the owner said maybe they should have asked before removing it, but then commented that it had to be done on a weekend, due to her husband’s work schedule and then asked why we had been using it. Since there were several other guests present at the time, I didn’t feel comfortable going into a detailed explanation about our temperature preferences (basically, our room did not have a thermostat control, so the AC unit was the only way we could cool the room down when it began to get too warm). There were a couple small things I forgot to mention as I already felt awkward in front of the other guests – the clean towels we received Saturday were all very damp and the bathroom sink rod was not attached, so we could not close the stopper to fill-up the sink. Overall, our stay was OK, but I’m not sure if we would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
barbiebeiler, Owner at Beiler's Guest House Rooms & Suites, responded to this review, February 13, 2012
Thanks for sharing your thoughts and I'm very sorry you did not have the get away you were looking for.
We are a family run business and we do our very best to make each and every guest feel welcomed and comfortable! We also do our best to quickly address things that need to be fixed in this 200 year old home asap! We choose our bedding carefully and have found that it is best to use firm mattresses topped with a memory foam topper. We get many compliments on our comfy beds.
Our breakfast is a casual setting with an all you care to eat buffet filled with local goodies. Always including my Amish Aunts Homemade yogurt, granola and fruits (canned and fresh) some type of egg dish or omelets, homemade white bread, cheese bread, raisen breads or Belgian waffels, local Amish made pastries or my cobbler, Coffee, OJ, milk.
We also take this time to answer your questions on our Amish culture and help you plan your day in this beautiful area which we have grown up in and love!:)
We can also arrange an Amish dinner for you if one of our Amish friends is cooking for guests that night.
We cannot promise perfect, but if you are looking for a clean, comfortable, casual, friendly home away from home we would love to have you stay with us.
Middletown, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

Friends of ours, my wife and I stayed 2 nights at Beiler's B&B on Rte. 30 in Paradise, PA this past weekend. Two rooms with a shared kitchen where we made coffee, had snacks, talked, read and made plans for our daily jaunts. The Beiler's are very cordial, cute little puppy, felt right at home. They are of Amish/Mennonite backgrounds and share those lifestyles during your buffet breakfast, omelets by Mr. Beiler. Mrs. Beiler arranged for our Saturday evening dinner with an Amish family. Absolutely delicious, plenty of it, and all for a donation! A must see is the Wolf Sanctuary of PA, about 40 minutes away, north of Lititz. Four packs containing 40 wolves and 5 pups that recently arrived. Fascinating!

Room Tip: Ivy and Rose rooms are up a long flight of steps at the back of the house, with a shared kitchen.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
barbiebeiler, Manager at Beiler's Guest House Rooms & Suites, responded to this review, September 2, 2012
Thanks for your kind words and look forward to seeing you all again!:)
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

I have visited Amish country multiple times and the Beilers B & B is my favorite. They are former Amish and their extended family is still Amish so they have a wealth of information from first hand experience on the culture, religious beliefs, etc...They are happy to answer any questions over breakfast (which is an amazing breakfast), and they can arrange dinners at an Amish home. They also have their own "off the beaten path" Amish tour that they have compiled and I thought it was excellent. They are close to the Sight and Sound theater, which is a must see if you are in town.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Thank you!!:)
Paradise PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2010

I was in the area, and away from family for an extended business trip. After suffering several weeks in a "Cookie Cutter" hotel Room listening to the neighbors on each side (also above and below) I found the "Beiler's Bed and Breakfast". It's a place where the owners treat you more like family than visitors. The rooms / suites all have private entrances. They are large, comfortable, clean and each one is decorated a little differently. I stayed for several months and deffinately felt more "At Home" and relaxed there than any other place I have ever visited. You can set outside and work on your laptop or just soak up the sun. There is also a hot tub to help you relax after a busy day. It's a quiet, relaxing place to escape in the middle of the Amish country side with all the things you might need from a larger city like Lancaster only 20 minutes away. The American Music Theater is only 10 minutes away if you would like to see a concert (check out the schedule at http://www.amtshows.com/) and if you want nightlife Westchester has all the nightlife you can stand. This was a perfect choice for me and I recommend it to anyone who whould like to see the Amish countryside while relaxing in a place that makes you feel almost "Home".

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Just reading over some of these reveiws and this one made me smile!:)
Thanks, I needed that!
God Bless!

Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2009

Spent two nights here with my husband & had a very nice stay. The owners have an Amish ancestry and are very ready & willing to share cultural information with you. They also have a good knowledge of where to go and what to see while in the area. All rooms have outside entrances. Our room was very clean and we also had access to a full kitchen. There is also a laundry room and a hot tub for guests to use. Every morning we enjoyed a buffet style breakfast where we would visit with the owners & other guests and share information on what to see. This B&B is on a fairly busy road, but we did not notice excessive amounts of noise. I would definitely stay here again if in PA Dutch country.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Just reading over some older reveiws and realized I had not responded.
Thanks so much for your kind words and hope to see you again!
God Bless!

Barbie Beiler

Been to Beiler's Guest House Rooms & Suites? Share your experiences!