“Don't waste your time or money on this place!!!” 1 of 5 stars

You added Dutch Motel to your Saves list
Dutch Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   500 E. Main St., Palmyra, PA 17078   |
Ranked #3 of 4 hotels in Palmyra
“Don't waste your time or money on this place!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I reserved a room (king bedroom) through Priceline for the Dutch Motel. Upon arriving to check in, the woman in the office (who barely spoke English) couldn't find our reservation. My first name is Lauren and she had a reservation for another person named Lauren (with a different last name) from Expedia. She kept trying to convince me it way my reservation! Sorry lady, but I think I know my own name! When I showed her the conformation email on my phone, she said "That's fine, but I don't have a reservation for you." She then made a phone call to who she believed to be Priceline so I could explain the problem, and the woman on the phone told me she was from Expedia and she couldn't help me. After I hung up, and felt quite stupid, I told the woman in the office AGAIN that I booked trough Priceline. She tried convincing me that Priceline and Expedia were he same thing! We decided to leave and go elsewhere. Can't comment on the condition of the rooms because we didn't even make it that far!! Head a bit farther down the road and go elsewhere, it'll be worth it to save yourself the frustration!

Stayed November 2012

29 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I had an interview at the Penn state school of medicine which is why I booked at this motel. The owner of the motel was so friendly. She actually provided me a ride during the day of my interview to the school of medicine and then later on provided me a ride back to the airport. the rooms were alright and better than average.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Stay away!!! Dirty rooms, threadbare towels and sheets, rude and dishonest office staff/owners. I booked online while on the road to Hershey for an overnight trip. Unfortunately, I didn't find the reviews of this place until I had already prepaid my reservation. The hotel is a decent distance from the attractions, but I think the neighborhood could be rather scary at night. I entered the office (which is being remodeled) and waited for the lady behind the counter to decide to talk to me (she wasn't doing anything else). I told her I had a reservation and she ignored that and handed me a registration card to fill out. Then she confirmed I had reserved a king size bed (which I had) for two nights (I only booked for one night). I corrected her and she told me the total for the one night would be 54.50, which was 10.00 cheaper than online. She swiped my card and I signed. I was handed a key and went to the room. Summary of room - tiny, no phone, no coffeemaker, no smoke detector or sprinkler, hair on floor in bathroom. I would not let my suitcase stay on the floor for fear of what was lurking there. The towels and sheets are in desperate need of replacement. There was a refrigerator and a flat panel tv and Directv (no HBO). I checked out the next day and got home and decided I had better check my credit card. They had double charged me (once from the online booking site and once when they swiped my card). After 3 calls to the booking site and a call directly to the hotel, I think I am finally getting one charge credited back. The call to the hotel was an experience- the lady could not/would not understand any of the information that I gave her so I had to repeat myself 3 times. I made her repeat back my name and phone number when she said she would have to call me back. When I spoke to her a second time, she hung up on me when I told her that I didn't catch a thing she said. I called back and she said she had refunded the 54.50 to my credit card. I'll be checking my online statement until I actually see it. They also kept lying to the booking site and saying they had not double charged me. Summary of the entire experience - AWFUL.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Chittenango, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

This motel had a few things going for it:
1. The price - $49 with breakfast, per night
2. No bed bugs I could find
3. Free parking
It had a lot against it, though. The room I stayed in was explicitly marked "Non-Smoking", but it REEKED of smoke, and my clothes smelled of smoke when I came home. The proprietor was not helpful, terse is the best way to describe my check-in. No info was provided on the room, breakfast, supposed wi-fi availability (never managed to find that), check-out time, pool hours, etc. She was somewhat more friendly in the morning when I went looking for coffee/breakfast. The bed was hard, the pillows were hard, the chairs and tabletops were somewhat sticky, the room was dark and small. As I say - the price was right, and I don't seem to have brought home any bugs, but I wouldn't stay there again unless it is greatly improved.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Glen Burnie, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

My husband and I stayed here last summer for a trip to Hershey Park. The room was clean, maybe just a little outdated. We cannot really rate the linens and pillows because we always bring our own. Not too much experience with the front desk, since we booked online and I just gave her my reservation confirmation page, ID and credit card. She handed us the key and pointed us in the direction of the room. Simple enough :)
The hotel served its purpose for us, and we will be staying there again this weekend for another trip to Hershey Park. I hope I can submit a positive review after this visit!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Scranton, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

Went to check into out room after a fun day at the park, 11:00pm...the lady behind the desk couldn't speak engish, she just kept standing there saying she didn't have any more rooms!!! I called the day before to confirm my reservation and all was good. My husband called around 4:00pm the day of our check in to say we would be checking in late after the park closed,lady said no problem. Got to the hotel no room! She called a room and mde a guy come down and was trying to kick him out of the room, sayibg it was our room..The worst thing is she charged his room to my credit card!!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!!! needless to say we drove home. DON"T STAY HERE AND WATCH YOUR CREDIT CARD!!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Burlington, Vermont
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

There were blood stains on the top sheets!!! They did not even apologize. Everything was dirty and hairs found all over the sheets and bathroom. The bathroom was not clean. The owners are not polite at all. We asked for a new blanket and that took like 30 mins for them to get to us and they only had a top sheet to give. They did not pick up their leaves and there was rustling at 4 in the morning that woke us up. It sounded like pouring rain. We are calling the Dept. of Health as this place is disgusting!!! DO NOT COME!!! 0 out of 5 STARS!!!

Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Been to Dutch Motel? Share your experiences!